Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 03:23 PM

7 posts, read 6,543 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I will see how things progress but if I see that they still want me to pay all the bills with the excuse of the pandemic, then I guess my only choice is to tell them to leave.
My boyfriend does help around the house but he won’t make his son do anything. But he will ask me to do things. Not his son though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 03:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer741 View Post

My boyfriend does help around the house but he won’t make his son do anything. But he will ask me to do things. Not his son though.
You already resent him.

Why wait to see what "progresses"? What do you really think is going to change even in the next two weeks or so?

Old 05-07-2020, 03:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer741 View Post
Thanks. I will see how things progress but if I see that they still want me to pay all the bills with the excuse of the pandemic, then I guess my only choice is to tell them to leave.
You want to see how this progresses? For most people, this would have been the last straw:
Quote:
So he complained and got angry because he said he was starving and that I'm selfish for not buying enough food.
And asking you to cook something for his adult freeloading son?

Are you afraid to be alone or something?

Old 05-08-2020, 09:05 AM

888 posts, read 555,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She's still there because it's her place. The question is why are the two slackers still there? What could she possibly see in this man? He sounds like a loser raising a loser.

I think a one bedroom apartment with three people living in it isn't quite good enough for a *professional* so son should find a living arrangement more befitting his position in life.

Perhaps a van...down by the river, or a cardboard box.

Yes I meant there as in still in the relationship. Clearly she is scared to be alone, judging from the replies of continuing on and seeing how things go.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Yes I meant there as in still in the relationship. Clearly she is scared to be alone, judging from the replies of continuing on and seeing how things go.
I agree. It certainly isn't because he's treating her well.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:32 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
This is where I think every young woman needs to get issued an auntie or abuela or similar. Someone who will say

"For crying out loud, dear, what on earth are you thinking! If you don't tell him to get his happy (*&^(*^ out of there I will! And tomorrow I'm bringing you Uncle Art, Uncle Jesse, and Jesse's two prizefighter sons over to "help" them move out!"

Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times
Doormats continually get walked on.

Old 05-08-2020, 12:45 PM

24,555 posts, read 18,225,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
This is where I think every young woman needs to get issued an auntie or abuela or similar. Someone who will say

"For crying out loud, dear, what on earth are you thinking! If you don't tell him to get his happy (*&^(*^ out of there I will! And tomorrow I'm bringing you Uncle Art, Uncle Jesse, and Jesse's two prizefighter sons over to "help" them move out!"
The Tony Soprano eviction might be a little excessive.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Then again, that may be what it takes. The OP's bf may tell her how selfish she is, promising to pay her down the road....and then asking her to make some lunch for him and his 'boy'.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:35 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Things like this often go a little smoother if there's some muscle in evidence, especially when dealing with two trashy low class no account men who've been sponging off the father's girlfriend for months or years now.

OP, you need to pick better boyfriends. Being alone is way better than being taken advantage of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships