Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:26 AM

972 posts, read 542,465 times

Advertisements

I'm not following what you're describing, but it sounds like something minor that you might overlook or even think is cute if the right woman has it.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:40 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
Yeah, but bad teeth will kill any switch to stone cold quiet. I mean you've got to get close with those teeth.

you got that right,
my first look at anyone,

for some reason my eyes dart right to the mouth...
and I wish it didn't, but it does.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:58 PM

82 posts, read 72,989 times
I can understand having mild repulsion depending on smile. Mostly if they don't clean properly or have decay. However, I think you should try to be open minded. My mother has lost teeth and hasn't been to a dentist in years. She went without to make sure my teeth were cared for and has never had the money to fix hers which were ruined through her mother's neglect. It's absolutely heartbreaking and makes me feel so sad that I can't put her on my insurance since she's not a spouse. She has an underbite she was born with and made fun of as a teen. Called bulldog in high school. To this day she controls how she smiles to avoid it being known. She won't fully smile in public. Anyway, teeth can be fixed and in America at least a lot of times teeth quality is due to poor. My dentist practiced in WV and said she could never tell when someone came in if their teeth were rotting from meth or mountain dew. I think of it like fitness. I won't discount someone as a potential partner just because they are overweight. If they are making an effort to be healthy and lose weight then I will give them that opportunity. Teeth are the same. If they're doing the best they can on a fixed income to at least care for their teeth and are attractive otherwise, give them a change. Consider to

Old 07-24-2020, 10:38 AM

572 posts, read 325,449 times
Well teeth can enhance a personality but only looking for the physicality does not turn out good. Just think others have a list of physical prefrences too.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:45 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Most of us have preferences. Many women prefer tall men and won't date a man shorter than they are.

Ita....& I wanted height AND nice teeth. It's super common IMO.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:04 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundestroyer View Post
I'm a 21yr old man who doesn't have much dating experience but I'm not picky. The only things I call for are: 1.) Good accent (where I live in Ireland there are some people with the equivalent of redneck accent). 2.) No fake tans and 3.) Good teeth.

It probably is a bit shallow and hypocritical seeing as I don't have good teeth but I've always been subconsciously turned off by women with a "gummy smile" where the incisors are too short and the gum shows or the opposite a "horsie smile" where the incisors are too large.

For me really, a good smile beats a woman's breasts or butt (I've never understood the fascination). Would this be the case for other men who are in the dating game?
Yup, totally hypocritical for sure.

Old 07-24-2020, 01:21 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundestroyer View Post
I'm a 21yr old man who doesn't have much dating experience but I'm not picky. The only things I call for are: 1.) Good accent (where I live in Ireland there are some people with the equivalent of redneck accent). 2.) No fake tans and 3.) Good teeth.

It probably is a bit shallow and hypocritical seeing as I don't have good teeth but I've always been subconsciously turned off by women with a "gummy smile" where the incisors are too short and the gum shows or the opposite a "horsie smile" where the incisors are too large.

For me really, a good smile beats a woman's breasts or butt (I've never understood the fascination). Would this be the case for other men who are in the dating game?
Fix your own teeth before requiring that in a furture mate.
What kind of tan do you expect other than fake in Ireland LOL
Everyone has their own things... yours just happens to be teeth

Old 07-25-2020, 01:51 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
Your preferences are similar to how people prefer certain hair colors on women, which is kind of shallow & superficial. But I DO think having nice teeth is a little more important than hair color. Nice/good teeth show how a person takes care of themself...unless there's something wrong w/ someone's teeth that they just can't help.

HOWEVER, you're a BIG hypocrite wanting someone w/ good teeth when you admitted that YOUR OWN teeth aren't great. That's like someone not wanting a fat person, but they're fat themselves...true hypocrisy!!!

So the way you say you're turned off by women w/ bad teeth, they're just as turned off by yours probably. And you are kind of a rare breed of man who likes teeth OVER breasts or butts & probably legs too.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,070,760 times
Maybe you should think about a little "social justice" issue here. That your expectation of nice teeth smacks of upper class snootiness. My golly. A lot of people don't have the money to fix their teeth. My parents never had money for braces, consequently I never had them and yes, I do have some crooked teeth on the bottom.

You will find many women with many physical imperfections, I guarantee it. What if she has a big pimple on her chin, are you going to reject her for that, too? Pimples can clear up. What about a little extra frizzy hair on a humid day?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:44 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Right? “Tens of thousands” spent at that! I don’t believe I’ve ever heard someone say: “I am attracted to women who take care of their dentition!” Which brings us to immediately question whether a polyphyodont mammal would then be acceptable if they were in a cycle of good dentition at the time of first meeting. What would happen during the cycle of replacements that’s ongoing? I guess periodic breaks in the relationship while dentition returns to acceptable appearance.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-25-2020 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships