Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:12 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,266 times

Advertisements

And I don't mean Dallas!!

After a 4 to 5 month hiatus, I have returned in style! If you recall - and for you newcomers - I was bemoaning my situation last fall... the wife is still lazy as heck and spends money like you wouldn't believe. Just paid off over $20k of her charge card debt to boot.

Have spoken to a good attorney who only practices matrimonial law and we'll be starting the process next week.

Just the idea of being free again makes me giddy.

I'm still living with the missus for the time being but I sure am looking forward to the bachelor lifestyle again.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:20 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Nice to see you back, and I'm glad you came to a decision about what to do. You were very torn, it has to be a relief to have made a decision.

I have some divorce tips you might like. If so, say the word I will post them.

Good luck, keep us posted

Old 04-26-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Nice to see you back, and I'm glad you came to a decision about what to do. You were very torn, it has to be a relief to have made a decision.

I have some divorce tips you might like. If so, say the word I will post them.

Good luck, keep us posted
THANKS! Yeah, the hardest part was coming to accept that I probably won't get physical custody of all 3 kids. And all 3 are much more attached to me than to their mother. But I am hopeful I could at least get custody of my 7 year-old son, who has special needs and with whom my wife has great difficulty dealing. It is likely, though, that my wife will get physical custody of the two girls. I would expect we'll have joint legal custody of all 3.

And yeah, by all means.... hit me with any pearls you may have!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
And I don't mean Dallas!!

After a 4 to 5 month hiatus, I have returned in style! If you recall - and for you newcomers - I was bemoaning my situation last fall... the wife is still lazy as heck and spends money like you wouldn't believe. Just paid off over $20k of her charge card debt to boot.

Have spoken to a good attorney who only practices matrimonial law and we'll be starting the process next week.

Just the idea of being free again makes me giddy.

I'm still living with the missus for the time being but I sure am looking forward to the bachelor lifestyle again.
Ha, I remember reading your saga when I was only lurking here. People were wondering where you disappeared. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:24 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Welcome back! You sound happy. Your soon to be ex-wife is lucky that you were both willing and able to pay off her $20K + of credit card debt. How are the kids?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Glad you're back. I know it wasn't an easy decision for you, but you sure weren't happy doing what you were doing. Hope it all goes well for you.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Hey Shukie! I missed you. So glad things are.. well, working out, if you will.

I was wondering how you were doing, shoot! We all were! If you need an ear, I am here... believe me, I know allllll about it!

((((SHUKE!)))))

robyn

Old 04-27-2008, 01:56 AM

Thanks sierra, Marlow, and robyn! We'll see how this all unfolds. For now, I really am relived that I could finally come to this decision and feel confident it's a correct decision and in the best interest of everyone. And, right now, there is no reason this needs to turn into a nasty battle... it could, as I cannot fully predict my wife's reaction, but my guess is she won't have any issues the notion of a divorce itself, and I am reasonably confident we'll be able to come to an amicable arrangement regarding division of assets and custody.

Where the spam really will hit the fan is when she realizes she'll need to get a friggin' job in order to get by! Other than wanting to see her do a little work, I really don't wish her anything bad at present. And she is fully capable of working... worked part-time from July of 2003 thru February of 2007... again, the idea was for her to make enough money to pay her own darned charge cards, but all she did was to leverage that cash flow into more charge card borrowings and never did pay anything down! But she's an RN and come fall, all 3 kids will be in school full-days during the week... she'll have much more time to herself during the days, then I would presumably have some visitation schedule.

Anyhow, that's where I see the meat of any fight that could be in the offing.... in the amount of money she'd get for child support and/or alimony. She'll be envisioning life to go on as it has for the past few years, with maid service, landscaping service, doody-calls service, and so forth, and I envision a more spartan lifestyle for her... no real change for the kids.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:11 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Shuke -

It is good to hear from you. I had thought of you and was hoping that we would get an update.

All the best,

SMG

Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
(((((((((Shuke))))))))))

Divorce is never easy, it's costly, it's time consuming, it's like a death. So why do it?

Because life begins again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships