Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 06:52 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
He ticks off all of the boxes that for “me” makes a man a man.
My girlfriend also checks off the one box that for me makes a woman ... a woman ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 08:07 PM

735 posts, read 451,984 times
The man that I have admired the most besides my father was my boyfriend when I was 30. He’s honest to a fault, loyal, kind, caring, loving, fun, positive, and extremely innovative. I was never big on marriage, but I wanted to marry him at that time. It was a wrong timeline for him when he’s still struggling to succeed in his career. I wasn’t patient enough to wait for him. When he’s ready (or woke up after I left) six months later, I already moved back to my hometown which made it long distance for us. If he and I had known what we know now, one of us would have moved to spend the rest of our lives together. We realized that after both of our failed marriages, but life responsibilities kept us from moving near each other again. Decades later, I still have fond memories and great admiration for him.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
He is basically the kindest, most compassionate person I've ever known. He was raised right.

Secondarily, he is calm and steady in a crisis. He is wired for emergency management.

Ultra involved father...and genuinely enjoys the kids...not just sharing the load, but really relishes the role. He values family very much...his family of origin, mine, and our nuclear family.

He is a teacher...not employed as one, though he has been, but more that he is a rich resource of knowledge and always thirsty to learn, interested in so many things. Definitely not shallow or boring.

He is creative. He can conceptualize something and then build it from scratch with whatever is handy. He can McGyver pretty much anything.

Old 05-13-2020, 10:12 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,529,053 times
When it comes to financial matters, not only are we on the same page, we’re on the same paragraph. He was (before retirement) a hard worker. Worked at the same place 37 years. He would do anything possible for his kids. Doesn’t smoke, rarely drinks, no drugs.

As I list these qualities, most are the opposite of my first husband. Not surprising. Choosing a second spouse, like choosing a second house, you know what you DON’T want.

Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Basically, that's it. Except my wife is hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships