Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 05:05 AM

18 posts, read 6,872 times

Advertisements

I am a 21 years old male and have a friend ,,Nick'', from the elementary school, we raised together and we were best friends. but I don't know why, he started to taking distance from me for about 1.5 year, now we are not close and best friends any more, but we are not best friends anymore.

1 year ago, he broke up with her lover, this girl knew that we were best friends and she called me sometimes to take an advice and to help her in the relationship, i did my best with heart but nothing happened, they broke up. now me and this girl have a good friendly relationship, we talk on phone frequently, due to this quarantine situation, we talked till 3-4 a.m. she asks me for advices, tells me her secrets, asks me what to wear, which is better, what to do in some sort of situations, and so on. Well, we are good friends, but i think that i like her and she likes me too, but i know bro rule, though he took distance from me without a reason, i am not a traitor, and i dont want to do such a bad thing to him. he doesnt know that we have a such a good relationship, and that has a reason too, once when they had heated argument, this girl called me, she was crying and felt very bad, i invited her in pub, i was not alone, i was with me and Nick's mutual friend. me and my friend fixed the problem, she felt better, she told us to not tell about that day to him for sometime, then she would tell about it. i kept the secret, but that mutual friend told everything to Nick. Nick went mad to the girl, he said how dare you went with them in pub and talked to them, yes they are my friends, but you dont have right to go with them without me, he said that he would talk to me about that but he didnt say a word to me.

About this argument i understood after me and this girl became close friends.in additon to, she told me many bad things, what this guy talked to her about me, i dont know why, because we were BEST FRIENDS, and he didnt have a reason to gossip about me like that.

So, whats the question, i dont know what to do, yeah i like her, she is very good girl, we understand each other very well, and this guy is not my good friend anymore, but still i don't need that SH-- of my life.

why he was talking such bad things about me, without reason? why he get mad when we helped depressed girl and fixed her day and mood? what i have to do with this girl? what will better? i dont want to quit relationship with her, because she is a very good person and she doesnt have a person who will give her some advices, and help in some situations, i am afraid to fall inlove with her(if i am not). so please give me some advices <3

Sorry for my English

Last edited by Ambitious_Man; 05-27-2020 at 05:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 05:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious_Man View Post
I am a 21 years old male and have a friend ,,Nick'', from the elementary school, we raised together and we were best friends. but I don't know why, he started to taking distance from me for about 1.5 year, now we are not close and best friends any more, but we are not best friends anymore.

1 year ago, she broke up with her lover, this girl knew that we were best friends and she called me sometimes to take an advice and to help her in the relationship, i did my best with heart but nothing happened, they broke up. now me and this girl have a good friendly relationship, we talk on phone frequently, due to this quarantine situation, we talked till 3-4 a.m. she asks me for advices, tells me her secrets, asks me what to wear, which is better, what to do in some sort of situations, and so on. Well, we are good friends, but i think that i like her and she likes me too, but i know bro rule, though he took distance from me without a reason, i am not a traitor, and i dont want to do such a bad thing to him. he doesnt know that we have a such a good relationship, and that has a reason too, once when they had heated argument, this girl called me, she was crying and felt very bad, i invited her in pub, i was not alone, i was with me and Nick's mutual friend. me and my friend fixed the problem, she felt better, she told us to not tell about that day to him for sometime, then she would tell about it. i kept the secret, but that mutual friend told everything to Nick. Nick went mad to the girl, he said how dare you went with them in pub and talked to them, yes they are my friends, but you dont have right to go with them without me, he said that he would talk to me about that but he didnt say a word to me.

About this argument i understood after me and this girl became close friends.in additon to, she told me many bad things, what this guy talked to her about me, i dont know why, because we were BEST FRIENDS, and he didnt have a reason to gossip about me like that.

So, whats the question, i dont know what to do, yeah i like her, she is very good girl, we understand each other very well, and this guy is not my good friend anymore, but still i don't need that SH-- of my life.

why he was talking such bad things about me, without reason? why he get mad when we helped depressed girl and fixed her day and mood? what i have to do with this girl? what will better? i dont want to quit relationship with her, because she is a very good person and she doesnt have a person who will give her some advices, and help in some situations, i am afraid to fall inlove with her(if i am not). so please give me some advices <3

Sorry for my English
?? She broke up with her lover? Who is she?

And yes, you already broke the bro rule and you are already in love.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:21 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,236,582 times
By giving her "advice" and comfort while she was having issues with her boyfriend, you already broke the bro code by inserting yourself in their relationship. No wonder former friend doesn't have great things to say about you.

You're not really helping her with all of your fantastic wardrobe advice; she can ask random people on the internet for advice just as well as you can. If y'all want to keep gossiping about your "friends" behind their backs and then be shocked when they do the same to you, then keep it up. Otherwise, it is not recommended.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
By giving her "advice" and comfort while she was having issues with her boyfriend, you already broke the bro code by inserting yourself in their relationship. No wonder former friend doesn't have great things to say about you.

You're not really helping her with all of your fantastic wardrobe advice; she can ask random people on the internet for advice just as well as you can. If y'all want to keep gossiping about your "friends" behind their backs and then be shocked when they do the same to you, then keep it up. Otherwise, it is not recommended.
You have some problem in understanting the text. i never inserted myself in the relationship, i dont know how you understand the bro code, but when two close people have problems, you have to act, and not be ,,i don't care'' person. thats one.

and second, i never gossip, especially when it comes to friends, i always take my friends side, though he is wrong, you don't know me and in the future read the ****ing text carefully and then start typing your ,,fantastic advices''

Old 05-27-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
?? She broke up with her lover? Who is she?

And yes, you already broke the bro rule and you are already in love.
oops sorry, edited.

yeah i know it is broken, but not completely, because there is not any physical and verbal romantic contact, and it never will be, first of all, he is not my best friend anymore and i dont care, what he will feel or think if that kind of thing will happen, but i think for myself, it is still bad and i dont need that in my life.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:

1 year ago, he broke up with her lover, this girl knew that we were best friends and she called me sometimes to take an advice and to help her in the relationship,
so now HE broke up with HER lover?

Old 05-27-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
so now HE broke up with HER lover?
HE broke up with HIS lover, satisfied? Come on, you understood what i meant

Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
HE broke up with HIS lover, satisfied? Come on, you understood what i meant
Quote:
oops sorry, edited.

yeah i know it is broken, but not completely, because there is not any physical and verbal romantic contact, and it never will be, first of all, he is not my best friend anymore and i dont care, what he will feel or think if that kind of thing will happen, but i think for myself, it is still bad and i dont need that in my life.
I do understand but I also understand that you are all over the place. Bro code but ignoring bro code. Not romantic with her but it was written romance all over it. Not your best friend, but still feel bad. Don't care what bro thinks but do care what bro thinks. Broken but not completely broken.

You see what I mean?

Old 05-27-2020, 07:56 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
You have some problem in understanting the text. i never inserted myself in the relationship, i dont know how you understand the bro code, but when two close people have problems, you have to act, and not be ,,i don't care'' person. thats one.

and second, i never gossip, especially when it comes to friends, i always take my friends side, though he is wrong, you don't know me and in the future read the ****ing text carefully and then start typing your ,,fantastic advices''
The bro code is that you never date your friends' exes. Ever.

That should make it easier for you.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I do understand but I also understand that you are all over the place. Bro code but ignoring bro code. Not romantic with her but it was written romance all over it. Not your best friend, but still feel bad. Don't care what bro thinks but do care what bro thinks. Broken but not completely broken.

You see what I mean?
Well okey, i will be more straight. Yes, he is not my best friend anymore, because he took distance from me without reason and he gossiped stupid, unreal, evil things about me, also without any reason. She told me about it and asked me to keep it secret and i keep, if this was not a secret, yeah i would act like a man should act in this kind of situation, broke his teeth and quit relationship, but i respect her, thats why me and this guy are ,,friends", not friends or best friends, do you know what i mean?

Second, i dont feel bad about him, i feel bad about myself, and i think about myself, friend/or ex-friend it doesnt matters, being in romantic relationship with a girl like this doesn't fits my own LIFE CODE. Why? Because i am not a traitor, i don't care what he said or did when it comes to my act, I won't do such thing. I cant control the feelings, but i can control my act.Me and this girl don't have any physical/virtual/verbal romantic relationship, and won't have too. I am not asking if it is good or bad i know what is bad and what isn't. I am asking for an advice what to do in this kind of situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships