Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 11:18 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,949,360 times

Advertisements

It MIGHT be that you're pushing the physical too fast. Maybe they feel like they don't know you well enough for heavy petting?

I realize you didn't say heavy petting, but maybe that's where there head is at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 11:24 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,920,915 times
Maybe you have bad breath or are a bad kisser. Maybe you are too slow on the uptake. Lots of kisses should lead to some sort of petting. If all you are doing is kissing, that may be turning them off. If a girl doesn't kiss you even once on the first date, there's no spark or you are too hesitant. By the second date there should be kissing and petting or there is no spark. If all you got out of 20 dates is some kisses and being ghosted, you are either picking the wrong women, or you need to up your technique. Also, what do you do on your dates. Do you bring them places or just walk around the streets. Do you pay or expect them to pay half? Do you invite them back to your place after the date?

Last edited by bobspez; 06-09-2020 at 11:37 AM..

Old 06-09-2020, 12:36 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,003,565 times
It means that they thought enough of you (or were hard up enough) to go on 2 or 3 dates and let you stick your tongue in their mouth, but second guessed after that.

I've had women text me back in that situation and say that they looked at me as more of a friend. Which oddly enough ... is what I'm looking for, but I digress.

When you come to a situation like that, it's done. You'll never see the woman again. But I think in that situation, people should keep in touch and keep each other as options. You REALLY don't know what that person is like after 3 dates.

Maybe they're the closest match after all. But dating is not about critical thinking and foresight. It's about spontaneity and egos...

Old 06-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Maybe you have bad breath or are a bad kisser. Maybe you are too slow on the uptake. Lots of kisses should lead to some sort of petting. If all you are doing is kissing, that may be turning them off. If a girl doesn't kiss you even once on the first date, there's no spark or you are too hesitant. By the second date there should be kissing and petting or there is no spark. If all you got out of 20 dates is some kisses and being ghosted, you are either picking the wrong women, or you need to up your technique. Also, what do you do on your dates. Do you bring them places or just walk around the streets. Do you pay or expect them to pay half? Do you invite them back to your place after the date?

I had to giggle a little at this. My husband didn't kiss me at all, until our 3rd date. I was beginning to wonder if he was gay, and/or trying to decide if he actually liked me. LOL

In the end, I look back and I'm kind of glad he waited.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I had to giggle a little at this. My husband didn't kiss me at all, until our 3rd date. I was beginning to wonder if he was gay, and/or trying to decide if he actually liked me. LOL

In the end, I look back and I'm kind of glad he waited.
Glad it worked out for both of you. No one I liked ever had to wonder if I liked them. My cousin used to say I was like a puppy dog whose tail was always wagging.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:06 PM

Well, he ACTED like he liked me, but it took 3 dates to make any kind of physical move on me. I wasn't used to that. Usually, guys tended to "go in for the kill" right away.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well, he ACTED like he liked me, but it took 3 dates to make any kind of physical move on me. I wasn't used to that. Usually, guys tended to "go in for the kill" right away.
Things were so much simpler then. 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, home run. Girls said no, yes, or slow down.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:40 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,531,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Your correction is incorrect.
whoops. thanx.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:07 PM

11 posts, read 6,759 times
Quote:
It MIGHT be that you're pushing the physical too fast. Maybe they feel like they don't know you well enough for heavy petting?
Thank you for the suggestion. You say that I am pushing too fast, while bobspez says 'Maybe you are too slow on the uptake. Lots of kisses should lead to some sort of petting', which is, basically the opposite. Things are sooo unclear and obscure here...

Quote:
I realize you didn't say heavy petting, but maybe that's where there head is at.
I did some heavy petting only with one of the girls that I mentioned.

Old 06-09-2020, 04:14 PM

11 posts, read 6,759 times
Quote:
Maybe you have bad breath or are a bad kisser. Maybe you are too slow on the uptake. Lots of kisses should lead to some sort of petting.
Thanks, it led to some petting with one of the girls. Also, you say this, while Sassybluesy, along with others friends with whom I discussed this, say the exact opposite : "It MIGHT be that you're pushing the physical too fast. Maybe they feel like they don't know you well enough for heavy petting?"... again, the situation is very confused here.

Quote:
If all you are doing is kissing, that may be turning them off. If a girl doesn't kiss you even once on the first date, there's no spark or you are too hesitant. By the second date there should be kissing and petting or there is no spark. If all you got out of 20 dates is some kisses and being ghosted, you are either picking the wrong women, or you need to up your technique.
Easier said than done! ahaha Who are the 'wrong' women, and how would I 'up my technique' ????

Quote:
Also, what do you do on your dates. Do you bring them places or just walk around the streets. Do you pay or expect them to pay half? Do you invite them back to your place after the date?
We either have walks, go for a drink, or have dinner at my place. I do not expect them to pay half, but it is fine if they want to.

Last edited by pierre_84; 06-09-2020 at 04:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships