Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 12:07 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,297,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You may be surprised at how many women are turned off by false compliments. It depends on how it's done. You were right to suggest basing the compliment on something specific about the woman, rather than using a generic line. So if she's wearing a unique pin or a nice scarf, you could compliment that. Depending on what it is (a unique brooch, say), you could ask "Is there a story behind that" or "Is that a family heirloom" (if it looks antique), or some such, to open up a conversation.

Saying she has beautiful hands, or slim fingers? Yeaahhh, no. When you compliment an accessory she's wearing, you're complimenting her taste. Anything about her body sounds like you've been staring at whichever body part. Not a good strategy. Even something seemingly harmless, like, "you have beautiful eyes" could backfire. Too personal for a stranger to say, though it might work with some women. Or it might come off sounding like a canned line from a 1940's film.
I agree with the above, but I would add, that a compliment that lands is the one that points out something the woman herself is proud of and you manage acknowledge that. So if she put herself through school, compliment that. If she is working multiple jobs compliment her on her ambition.

While I agree that in general that compliments about woman's appearances often don't land, the exception I have noticed is for women got plastic surgery especially boob jobs. She went under the knife for a reason, so compliments here about her appearance actually are also about some choice she made and is proud of, but even then, you want the tone right. So not nice [BLEEP], but something softer, you look stunning, its a lovely dress, but you make it look even better.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-08-2020 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Inppropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 07:10 AM

1,379 posts, read 2,100,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You may be surprised at how many women are turned off by false compliments. It depends on how it's done. You were right to suggest basing the compliment on something specific about the woman, rather than using a generic line. So if she's wearing a unique pin or a nice scarf, you could compliment that. Depending on what it is (a unique brooch, say), you could ask "Is there a story behind that" or "Is that a family heirloom" (if it looks antique), or some such, to open up a conversation.

Saying she has beautiful hands, or slim fingers? Yeaahhh, no. When you compliment an accessory she's wearing, you're complimenting her taste. Anything about her body sounds like you've been staring at whichever body part. Not a good strategy. Even something seemingly harmless, like, "you have beautiful eyes" could backfire. Too personal for a stranger to say, though it might work with some women. Or it might come off sounding like a canned line from a 1940's film.
I've taken a LOT of flack for this comment!! I'm not suggesting a compliment within the first 1-5 minutes of talking to someone. I'm assuming that you are conversing for a while. Flirting is a "dance" that can go on for hours, days and years!
I have never been offended by a compliment at an appropriate time. However, if someone walked over to me across a room and said "Hello - I love your long slender fingers" yes - that would be creepy AF!

Old 06-15-2020, 06:37 AM

10,500 posts, read 7,021,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazzz View Post
Are you & your partner is *bored with your relationship?* You must try playing some Naughty Question & Answer Games to Spice up Relationship.......

Here is a list of Best Romantic Questions to Ask Your Partner to Spice Up your Boring Relationship:-

1. If you had only 5 minutes with me, what would you want to do?

2. What does it feel like to you when we hold each other?

3. What's something I do, that I don't realize I do, that you love?

4. What is the weirdest thing that turns you on?

5. What is your number one sexual fantasy? Would you ever do it in real life?

6. What do you like the best about me?

7. Who was your first crush?

8. Would you rather have s#x with my best friend, or with your best friend?

9. Would you rather have s#x with my best friend, or with your best friend?

10. Would you rather give up kissing or give up sex?

11. Would you rather lick or get licked?

For More Best Naughty Romantic Questions to Spice Up your Bored Relationship do visit => https://www.kyaboltiipublic.com

I'm not sure what rock you crawled out from under, Mr. First Poster, but if someone asked most of these questions of a woman he first met, he might get a restraining order slapped on him.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:26 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,602,742 times
In the op's example the footrub is foreplay, not flirting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships