Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,460 times

Advertisements

So advice is needed...
I started talking to a guy whom I work with, he says he didnt want anything serious which at first seemed fine. However, we met up and we ended up sleeping together. I started to pick up on his body language and how he acts around me. Saying as he said he doesn’t want anything ‘serious’ his body language is telling me he’s actually interested in me as a person although his words aren’t backing that up. I’m kind of stuck on what to do now. Do I just wait and see if he comes out with his true intentions or do I walk away now? It doesn’t help that I’ve stupidly got feelings for him! Help a girl out please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 09:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyandpink View Post
So advice is needed...
I started talking to a guy whom I work with, he says he didnt want anything serious which at first seemed fine. However, we met up and we ended up sleeping together. I started to pick up on his body language and how he acts around me. Saying as he said he doesn’t want anything ‘serious’ his body language is telling me he’s actually interested in me as a person although his words aren’t backing that up. I’m kind of stuck on what to do now. Do I just wait and see if he comes out with his true intentions or do I walk away now? It doesn’t help that I’ve stupidly got feelings for him! Help a girl out please
Why not believe what he told you?

Those feelings are leading you to read into his actions, and it's gonna hurt like hell to work with him from now on.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 1,460 times
Because body language is over 50% of communication, you can say something yet your body will reveal your true intentions. I’m just stuck on where to take this situation or how to handle it

Old 06-06-2020, 09:31 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
What do you want from him? If you want a relationship, you need to tell him knowing that by doing so you run the risk of no longer being his casual lover---and you'd still have to see him at work.

Use your words. Using this body language nonsense can easily be a one-way ticket to misery and miscommunication.

Don't waste your time with this guy if you want more from him than he's willing or able to give.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
You need to decide whether or not you can be fine with just enjoying the warm fuzzy feelings he makes you feel when you're together and accept when he wants to walk he will walk.

Or

Understand that you both want different things, walk away, and stop wasting your time.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Because body language is over 50% of communication, you can say something yet your body will reveal your true intentions. I’m just stuck on where to take this situation or how to handle it
So what is your body language telling him?

Old 06-06-2020, 09:45 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
He can not want to be in a serious relationship with you, and also care about you as a person--both things can be true at the same time.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:46 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Sounds more like you want to believe he has deeper feelings and you are willing to talk yourself into it. You're not doing yourself a favor here.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:51 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
So advice is needed...
Wishful thinking...when a man tells you something that you DON'T want to hear, believe him!

When a man tells you exactly what you want to hear, RUN!

Old 06-06-2020, 11:04 AM

599 posts, read 263,246 times
He has better insight to what he wants then you do. His body language means he likes you, he's attracted to you. His brain and words told you very clearly he doesn't WANT to be tied down. Believe him. Be grateful he is being upfront and isn't messing with your heart and mind.

Tell him you are developing stronger feelings and want a relationship. See what he says. Just be prepared to take the answer and know your no strings attached relationship might be over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships