Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 06:54 PM

30 posts, read 33,232 times

Advertisements

So I’m told I’m pretty but this is how my dating experience always plays out. I get noticed by the guys that I do not find physically attractive. If i speak to the guy on the app & they’re cute, I’m aware it will not go anywhere. If they’re cute and message me, they’re probably too short for me (I’m 5’7 & strive for above 5’10 guys). If they’re cute and message me, there’s also the possibility that they’ll end up ghosting me. And the ones I want, never message me and it doesn’t go anywhere. Am I very unlucky or what? This is my experience typically with dating apps, I don’t have a life.

Old 06-07-2020, 06:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Watch Matthew Hussey's videos. He talks about this and other problems women have dating

Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 PM

6,865 posts, read 4,860,189 times
First you need to get a life so you are more interesting. You need more than pretty.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:00 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
TBH, after looking at the other threads you've posted just in the past 2 days, the problem seems to be under the "pretty" surface. That's only skin deep. From what you've written, everyone else you interact with seems to be in the wrong. So, you probably come across as negative, the perpetual victim, and unfriendly. As a result, once someone gets past the surface and sees all that they turn off. You want a life? Start by getting out of your own head and not judging everyone else so harshly.

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-07-2020 at 08:15 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 08:42 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1694 View Post
So I’m told I’m pretty but this is how my dating experience always plays out. I get noticed by the guys that I do not find physically attractive. If i speak to the guy on the app & they’re cute, I’m aware it will not go anywhere. If they’re cute and message me, they’re probably too short for me (I’m 5’7 & strive for above 5’10 guys). If they’re cute and message me, there’s also the possibility that they’ll end up ghosting me. And the ones I want, never message me and it doesn’t go anywhere. Am I very unlucky or what? This is my experience typically with dating apps, I don’t have a life.
This is pretty normal, for men and for women. One thing you could do, to open up some possibilities, is forget your height requirement. Some of those cute guys who message you, but are slightly below your height requirement could be incredible guys, who you'd really click with. What if one of them is the right guy for you, but you turned him down without meeting him, just because he's an inch or two shorter than your minimum?

Give people a chance, so that YOU can have a chance.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:03 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,205 times
Quote:
Not to be derogatory but you come across as very shallow. I would ghost you too based on your post. If all you want is a hookup, then fine.

The whole point of a relationship is to have the differences between you and the person you are seeing to pull you slightly out of you comfort zone so you can grow as a person. After you grow and expand your perspective and outlook over time(called maturation) then you shift your focus to finding someone who will make a good lifelong partner with the aim of reproduction and child rearing.

I sounds like you are clearly in the infancy of the former and well over a decade from the latter. Based on your posting you might be better served just getting a 2x4 vanity mirror to place in the chair across the table from you so you can converse with your perfect person.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:13 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is pretty normal, for men and for women. One thing you could do, to open up some possibilities, is forget your height requirement.
Some of those cute guys who message you, but are slightly below your height requirement could be incredible guys, who you'd really click with. What if one of them is the right guy for you, but you turned him down without meeting him, just because he's an inch or two shorter than your minimum?

Give people a chance, so that YOU can have a chance.
I agree.

A friend told me the story about running into a friend of a friend on campus. She was sort of rude to him because he was wearing cowboy boots & dressed somewhat odd which she thought that was sort of strange (it was a northern state). Later she got to know him better at parties & other places and she felt that he was a pretty cool guy. But, he never really forgot that she had been sort of condescending to him when they first met. She found out later that he normally did not dress that way but was heading to a Texas style BBQ that day and everyone was "dressing up" for it. She said that she learned to never judge someone on superficial things like that. She basically "didn't give him a chance" because he was wearing cowboy boots.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:07 AM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Damn, and that sounds like exactly what you need...

Old 06-08-2020, 01:33 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
You are not unlucky, you are deliberately self-sabotaging yourself.

You are too demanding. You are setting yourself up for failure and it sounds like you're doing it on purpose so you can have something to complain about and have a self-pity party.

You jump to conclusions about things that haven't even happened yet so you don't give yourself or the guy that contacts you a chance.

You are too particular and picky. You only want guys that are cute and that you find physically attractive. Why are you doing that? Don't you realize that guys who are not physically attractive, just average looking guys, are more likely to treat you better than guys who are physically attractive and have swelled egos?

Why are you striving to get yourself set up with guys above 5'10 in height? Why is anyone shorter than 5'10 not good enough for you? Saying that it's because you are 5'7 is a lame excuse that you're using for self-sabotaging yourself.

Good relationships aren't about what people look like on the outside, they're about what's inside.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:58 AM

1,112 posts, read 884,014 times
Superficial much? Get over yourself and get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships