Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1694 View Post
I was talking to someone for two weeks, last week we began to communicate less & less. He was the one to initiate contact with me every time, I typically don’t make the first move. We used to video chat quite a bit during the week, last week we only did once. The first time he asked last week to video chat, I told him I wanted to reschedule. We ended up doing it Friday & spoke for around 2 hours. His last words were “Well, maybe we can do this again tomorrow” and I did not deny or confirm. We went without talking 2 days last week but he has not attempted to contact me since the call Friday. Neither have I obviously, I was perturbed & blocked him from Snapchat. I blocked him a while back on Instagram, he still has me added on PlayStation messaging. He can still message me on there but hasn’t. He’s being a jerk am I right?

Did he ghost me?
Are you serious? The guy said that he wanted to talk to you the next day, and you ignored him. You didnt even give him an answer one way or another.

What did you want from him? To beg? To praise your illusiveness. To tell you how special you are? That's never going to happen because you give absolutely nothing in return but mixed messages and confusion.

Yeah, you are trying to make him jump through hoops. He doesn't even know you yet, but make no mistake, you are not giving a good impression. You come off as entitled, mean, aloof and grandiose. None of those are good qualities to have. And those are definately not good qualities in a partner.

Newsflash: You're not as great as you think you are and your way of dating is going to alienate you from any healthy guy. To put it simply, you have a long lonely life ahead of you, if you don't change.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 06-09-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 06:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
So here's your profile so far on CD:

- mid 20s
- only child
- never had college roomates; lived at home
- don't have any close female friends
- never had a long term romantic relationship
- chose not to talk to anyone at work
- thinks work colleagues are bullying you
- called the police several times on your upstairs neighbor for making noises and "disrepecting" you
- went without talking to someone you just met for 2 days and you blocked him on a couple of social media platforms
- you think he's a jerk for ghosting you

Do I have that correct?

Old 06-09-2020, 06:35 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
I was talking to someone for two weeks, last week we began to communicate less & less. He was the one to initiate contact with me every time, I typically don’t make the first move. We used to video chat quite a bit during the week, last week we only did once. The first time he asked last week to video chat, I told him I wanted to reschedule. We ended up doing it Friday & spoke for around 2 hours. His last words were “Well, maybe we can do this again tomorrow” and I did not deny or confirm. We went without talking 2 days last week but he has not attempted to contact me since the call Friday. Neither have I obviously, I was perturbed & blocked him from Snapchat. I blocked him a while back on Instagram, he still has me added on PlayStation messaging. He can still message me on there but hasn’t. He’s being a jerk am I right?

Did he ghost me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So here's your profile so far on CD:

- mid 20s
- only child
- never had college roomates; lived at home
- don't have any close female friends
- never had a long term romantic relationship
- chose not to talk to anyone at work
- thinks work colleagues are bullying you
- called the police several times on your upstairs neighbor for making noises and "disrepecting" you
- went without talking to someone you just met for 2 days and you blocked him on a couple of social media platforms
- you think he's a jerk for ghosting you

Do I have that correct?

Pretty much. But you left off......

Kidding, I think

Old 06-10-2020, 08:29 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
I am curious OP...are the kind of comments you're getting here the same kind of comments you're getting at work?

Cause...you're kind of like a honey badger.
You are daring people to find something nice about you, in spite of your cantankerous ways. Let me tell you, it's the EXCEPTIONAL person who will fight through all your thorny vines to get to your castle to give you the sweet kiss that somehow wakes you up. Most people will not bother.

It seems like somewhere along the line, in your life, you decided to go on the offensive, pushing people away, and hurting others before they can hurt you.

That's sad, and I mean that sincerely. It's not a pleasant way to live your life, and while so many times, it sounds so pat...you should see a therapist. I sincerely, would not want you to live your life like this forever.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:06 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,557,060 times
Quote:

Did he ghost me?
How is he being a jerk to you? You acted rather disinterested and were fairly unresponsive, so he likely decided to move on.

This might be a good learning experience for you. Perhaps next time you meet someone who interests you, reach out to him after you've chatted a time or two. Letting the guy make the first move doesn't mean that he always has to be the one who reaches out to contact you forevermore. Figuratively, he put the ball in your court and you pretty much just stood there and looked at it. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. If you were in his shoes, what would you think and feel in regards to your behavior towards him?

If he asks you an implied query like this guy did, give him an answer of some sort as your non-response would be read by most guys as disinterest. For example, an appropriate response to his last words might have been something along the lines of, "I'd really enjoy chatting again with you tomorrow, too! Have a good night!"

Better luck next time! Dating will get easier for you as you learn more about yourself and how you can best interact with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships