Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 09:42 PM

30 posts, read 33,240 times

Advertisements

I was talking to someone for two weeks, last week we began to communicate less & less. He was the one to initiate contact with me every time, I typically don’t make the first move. We used to video chat quite a bit during the week, last week we only did once. The first time he asked last week to video chat, I told him I wanted to reschedule. We ended up doing it Friday & spoke for around 2 hours. His last words were “Well, maybe we can do this again tomorrow” and I did not deny or confirm. We went without talking 2 days last week but he has not attempted to contact me since the call Friday. Neither have I obviously, I was perturbed & blocked him from Snapchat. I blocked him a while back on Instagram, he still has me added on PlayStation messaging. He can still message me on there but hasn’t. He’s being a jerk am I right?

Did he ghost me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 09:53 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Every post you’ve made on C-D, you accuse others of being in the wrong, when you exhibit the same or worse behaviours. You admit to behaving poorly yet you accuse others of being jerks or bullying. How can everyone else be a jerk and you a victim when you admit to the lousy attitude you have? It doesn’t add up.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:17 PM

1,350 posts, read 819,374 times
Well,the real question is....

Was he over 5' 10"???

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...ce-common.html

Do you notice a pattern in your behavior? It's the catty girls at work, it's your lousy neighbor, now it's this guy who suddenly doesn't want to talk to you anymore.... Do you see that maybe the issue is with you, and not everyone else in the world? I am just wondering if you even see that it could be - you?

Old 06-08-2020, 10:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1694 View Post
I was talking to someone for two weeks, last week we began to communicate less & less. He was the one to initiate contact with me every time, I typically don’t make the first move. We used to video chat quite a bit during the week, last week we only did once. The first time he asked last week to video chat, I told him I wanted to reschedule. We ended up doing it Friday & spoke for around 2 hours. His last words were “Well, maybe we can do this again tomorrow” and I did not deny or confirm. We went without talking 2 days last week but he has not attempted to contact me since the call Friday. Neither have I obviously, I was perturbed & blocked him from Snapchat. I blocked him a while back on Instagram, he still has me added on PlayStation messaging. He can still message me on there but hasn’t. He’s being a jerk am I right?

Did he ghost me?
Maybe technically, but in reality he was probably just reacting to your indifference.

Read what you wrote ... he's pleasant but you don't reciprocate; you don't initiate; you block him on multiple platforms but then talk about contact on Playstation? LOLOLOLOL

When you act disinterested in someone, they won't keep coming around forever.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:32 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Why should he have to do all the work? Sounds to me like you might be the jerk. You could have initiated at least once. And why block him? Are you piqued and trying to punish him? News flash.....two weeks isn't enough to make a normal guy care about being blocked. He may not even know. He might not have tried to contact you at all.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:51 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
So you made no effort to contact him at all, making him do all the work? SOunds like you had no real interest in him. He was right to cut off communication. You didnt really want to talk to him.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:09 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
He probably got put off by your lack of enthusiasm, and then to top it off you blocked him so yea I think anyone in their right mind would do what he did.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:20 AM

972 posts, read 542,465 times
It sounds like he stopped contacting you because he has healthy self-respect. If a woman doesn't show some genuine enthusiasm, reciprocity, and initiative, why would he be interested?

Old 06-09-2020, 08:32 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1694 View Post
I was talking to someone for two weeks...
And during this time how often did you meet in person?

Assuming it was zero as implied above... that is also the answer to what you (thought you) had: nothing.
Don't waste time online.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:02 AM

30 posts, read 33,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
And during this time how often did you meet in person?

Assuming it was zero as implied above... that is also the answer to what you (thought you) had: nothing.
Don't waste time online.
There’s social distancing so no other choice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships