Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 08:59 PM

2,437 posts, read 6,989,697 times

Advertisements

I do not mean to be disrespectful at all when I say this..

Isn't there a better way to meet someone then online? Or is this the norm these days? Holy MOLY the horror stories I have heard from people doing this. Has life really gone this bad to where you can only meet people online?

My advise, go out and meet someone. Get to know them and then deal with it that way. There are better ways to meet someone then online. If you are intermittently talking to someone.. you have no interest in them period. You are stringing them along.

If you can live without a man.. do it.. date when you feel like it.

That way there are no expectations either way.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:00 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies90 View Post

Is it weird that That much contact freaks me out. The intensity of it.
It's not weird. It's just who you are. Not everyone wants to text that much. But you need to be up front about that with guys.

And you also need to decide if you actually want to date someone in person, in real life, or if you just use texting as something to do.

Quote:

And then this guy comes along very intense. Trying to move things very quickly along.
Very quickly? Nothing about this sounds quick.

Quote:

I understand its a natural assumption. But then its under the assumption he is always on the lookout for a partner. Which isnt what im doing. I have a lot of other things i need to take care of and end up doing.
Well, maybe you don't need to be talking to guys on DATING apps.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:23 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,197,274 times
Quote:
Can't some one give an optimistic response.
You're all very negative on here
Lol

its NOT "negative" its realistic.

You strung a dude along for months and want optimism?

Old 06-11-2020, 10:11 PM

4,033 posts, read 2,686,135 times
Neither one of you sound too interested in the other. Let this one go.

Next time, if you are into a man, ACT like you are and maybe you will get a different outcome.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:44 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,003,444 times
You want him to be on your inconsistent and unpredictable timeline and he refused to play that game. Meeting someone for a coffee or a meal isn’t “taking it to the next level”.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:58 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,805,400 times
Quote:
No not been here before. First time user
This is why i was surprised at the negativity

Here i was thinking most guys don't want to be bothered too often.

I guess ill have to tell him i do want to meet but it may be difficult with the restrictions n 2 metre distancing.
I just dont know if he would wait.. he may end up meeting anothrr girl who is more willing to break the rules and is more obvious.
I have lost out to more keen women before. The type who won't even let the man breathe
You have strange assumptions about how others do their thing. What rules do you speak of that others apparently are willing to break but you're not? Being clear and obvious will always help you, people are not mind readers.

I think he's waited long enough and it's time he finds someone else he has an actual rapport and engagement. If you're going to be "too busy" that you can't really keep in touch, why bother going down that route? Why should anyone have to keep waiting if it appears you aren't that interested? This is, IMO, the case where the ship has sailed.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:28 AM

285 posts, read 202,466 times
Let it go. I agree the ship has sailed. The best you can do or ought to do is learn from this experience.

Life is all about balance. There is a time and place for everything and believe it or not, there IS enough time to do everything. You just have to practice prioritizing your life better or culling or removing items that are no longer important.

Whether you choose to make someone a priority is ultimately a CHOICE you will make.

We all have choices. Every day there are choices.

Just learn from the experience. When you are ready or have your life prioritized or can manage your time a bit better, this will come more naturally. For now, maybe it's a case of wrong time, wrong place. Dust yourself off and keep moving.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:00 AM

65 posts, read 26,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I do not mean to be disrespectful at all when I say this..

Isn't there a better way to meet someone then online? Or is this the norm these days? Holy MOLY the horror stories I have heard from people doing this. Has life really gone this bad to where you can only meet people online?

My advise, go out and meet someone. Get to know them and then deal with it that way. There are better ways to meet someone then online. If you are intermittently talking to someone.. you have no interest in them period. You are stringing them along.

If you can live without a man.. do it.. date when you feel like it.

That way there are no expectations either way.
To be honest its the norm now. If its not on an online app. It will be on instagram

Ive experienced some horror stories of my own.
This guy is at least halfway normal. Who knows when ill find that again.
On the apps..i will probably go through about 200 rubbish profiles to find one kind of decent one. Arent people embarrassed to put up these profiles.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not weird. It's just who you are. Not everyone wants to text that much. But you need to be up front about that with guys.

And you also need to decide if you actually want to date someone in person, in real life, or if you just use texting as something to do.

Very quickly? Nothing about this sounds quick.

Well, maybe you don't need to be talking to guys on DATING apps.
I just want people to go at my pace.
He is more like wanting everything to go on his schedule..otherwise forget it so to speak.

If i explain myself he probably wouldnt get it...i mean his exes were the opposite always on his case about not calling them enough..and him not meeting their demands.
And then he comes across me...more a free spirit

Old 06-12-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You want him to be on your inconsistent and unpredictable timeline and he refused to play that game. Meeting someone for a coffee or a meal isn’t “taking it to the next level”.
True
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships