Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 05:26 PM

65 posts, read 26,681 times

Advertisements

met a guy on an online app. He's always expressed an interest in me. Initially i was unsure of him. Took a long time for him to even get me to speak to him on the phone.

He almost gave up on me after a couple of months, i think he assumed i wasnt taking him seriously. That i was just going to text him for the rest of my life..and he said he knew things wouldnt go anywhere between us.
I think he just wants things to progress quickly whereas im just slow in my approach with relationship and dating.

Then we had a few months break in between where neither of us messaged the other.
I ended up messaging him and we got back to talking.

I called him on on the phone..this was
2 months ago now spoke to the guy for a few hours. And before then because i hadn't reached out to him in so long (just over a month), he kept asking what id been doing and where i was ..he then said he thought i deleted his number and moved on from him. That was the theory in his mind. And when it didnt work out with the "other person" he thinks i came back to him. I reassured him that there wasnt anyone else. ( i was just bad at keeping contact).

Anyway during the convo he asked if i want to see him/meet him..i said i don't mind..and he then said cool send me another pic then.

Following that convo i didnt send a photo simply out of principle. He already has one. Nor did i mention the meeting which he asked about in a weird way.

Two weeks went by i sent a gif showing im bored..he then messaged with "you bored ?" Literally neither of us contacted the other after that for like five weeks.

Then about a week ago now i was like thinking so much time has gone by and decided to message him. Saying...how has nearly 2 months gone by since i last spoke to you..and you must hate me. Followed by shocked emojis.

Needless to say he didnt respond AT ALL. Complete silence. I saw he read it pretty quick within half n hour of me sending it. He came online and read the messages. But nothing

So what i was going to do was call him.. is it a good idea? Or should i leave it? And if calling is a good idea wth do i even say to rectify the situation...where do i start.. . Provided he doesnt ignore my call too.

I am genuinely thinking i may miss out unless i do something ( and will probably be regretful) But is it too late.?..

As much as i don't show it in the best way i am interested in him. As i said previously i just like to take things slow..and sometimes do get wrapped up in my own life n end up losing touch.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:32 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies90 View Post
met a guy on an online app. He's always expressed an interest in me. Initially i was unsure of him. Took a long time for him to even get me to speak to him on the phone.

He almost gave up on me after a couple of months, i think he assumed i wasnt taking him seriously. That i was just going to text him for the rest of my life..and he said he knew things wouldnt go anywhere between us.
I think he just wants things to progress quickly whereas im just slow in my approach with relationship and dating.

Then we had a few months break in between where neither of us messaged the other.
I ended up messaging him and we got back to talking.

I called him on on the phone..this was
2 months ago now spoke to the guy for a few hours. And before then because i hadn't reached out to him in so long (just over a month), he kept asking what id been doing and where i was ..he then said he thought i deleted his number and moved on from him. That was the theory in his mind. And when it didnt work out with the "other person" he thinks i came back to him. I reassured him that there wasnt anyone else. ( i was just bad at keeping contact).

Anyway during the convo he asked if i want to see him/meet him..i said i don't mind..and he then said cool send me another pic then.

Following that convo i didnt send a photo simply out of principle. He already has one. Nor did i mention the meeting which he asked about in a weird way.

Two weeks went by i sent a gif showing im bored..he then messaged with "you bored ?" Literally neither of us contacted the other after that for like five weeks.

Then about a week ago now i was like thinking so much time has gone by and decided to message him. Saying...how has nearly 2 months gone by since i last spoke to you..and you must hate me. Followed by shocked emojis.

Needless to say he didnt respond AT ALL. Complete silence. I saw he read it pretty quick within half n hour of me sending it. He came online and read the messages. But nothing

So what i was going to do was call him.. is it a good idea? Or should i leave it? And if calling is a good idea wth do i even say to rectify the situation...where do i start.. . Provided he doesnt ignore my call too.

I am genuinely thinking i may miss out unless i do something ( and will probably be regretful) But is it too late.?..

As much as i don't show it in the best way i am interested in him. As i said previously i just like to take things slow..and sometimes do get wrapped up in my own life n end up losing touch.
SLow? This is a glacial pace. When exactly did you start talking?

You two haven't even met yet, after all these months and this ridiculous stopping and starting. What the heck are you expecting to happen?

Old 06-11-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
SLow? This is a glacial pace. When exactly did you start talking?

You two haven't even met yet, after all these months and this ridiculous stopping and starting. What the heck are you expecting to happen?
Im sorry if i dont jump on a man straight away. I take my time. So what?

No need to be judgemental

Old 06-11-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Im sorry if i dont jump on a man straight away. I take my time. So what?
You can't jump on anyone if you don't even meet him.

Until you meet someone, all you're doing is playing. Sure, there's a certain amount of time you can spend getting to know someone by texting and calling. But it's not even the amount of time ... it's the lack of care exhibited by the long lapses of time in between text bursts. It shows that you two are nothing more than distractions for each other.

You two have been playing around for months, to what end? For what? When will you know it's been long enough?

Old 06-11-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You can't jump on anyone if you haven't even met him.

Until you meet someone, all you're doing is playing. Sure, there's a certain amount of time you can spend getting to know someone by texting and calling. But it's not even the amount of time ... it's the lack of care exhibited by the long lapses of time in between text bursts. It shows that you two are nothing more than distractions for each other.

You two have been playing around for months, to what end? For what? When will you know it's been long enough?
I dont expect him to be that invested right now, initally he was.
But as i said the hot n cold got him to back off i suspect

Hes been quite accommodating still. I know when it was the other way around..I've just blocked the guy within a day .no questions asked.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I dont expect him to be that invested right now, initally he was.
But as i said the hot n cold got him to back off i suspect

Hes been quite accommodating still. I know when it was the other way around..I've just blocked the guy within a day .no questions asked.
So exactly when did y'all start talking? Like ... what month?

Old 06-11-2020, 06:03 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
What the...

Absolutely not.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
What the...

Absolutely not.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:14 PM

Can't some one give an optimistic response.
You're all very negative on here

Old 06-11-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Can't some one give an optimistic response.
You're all very negative on here
You won't answer the questions I've asked that could help me give advice.

SO far, though, what you're describing is just not an optimistic situation. Your behavior has shown him that you don't care very much about him as a person, since you can't be bothered to even meet him in person and then drop off the radar until you get bored.

How old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships