Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 08:00 AM

78 posts, read 24,169 times

Advertisements

I am reading it. I'm just making sure people hear both sides. It is easy for me to tell my version, I thought it was important for everyone to know how he might respond to what I'm saying.

But, I certainly am happy to read that no one feels any differently.

Ugh, ending an engagement isn't easy after all this time. Especially at my age. (45) But, it's a joke right? i wear a ring ...for what? There's no wedding date and I can't marry him. And this 'hanging' out isn't even fun at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you not reading these replies?

Yes, you both have issues and ownership here. You aren't compatible.

Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and MOVE ON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 08:00 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
[quote=allergicraction2;58361753]Well, he would tell you he really wants to take his kids on a vacation this summer and he is trying to find a way for me to come along and i'm being too difficult and rigid with my schedule. He would say that i'm using "work" as an excuse to avoid them.

And the problem is there is some truth in that when I truly check in with myself. I don't like the dynamic and frankly i'm not a fan of them. I overheard the oldest telling her boyfriend that she wished he would leave me and find someone else. When I told my fiance I heard this he called me a liar. Said I was just hating on his daughter and she wouldn't say that. He, to this day, does not tell me he believe me.

So, it comes back to me. Do I change my schedule (and compromise my internal belief that I don't want to go on an 18 hour one way trip with his kidss. It sounds like torture to me!)

He would say that he is trying to bring me in...and i'm not having it. But, what do I do?[/QUOTE

He would say a lot of things, I'm sure. But frankly, my dear, he's full of crap. Look even if you're 45, so what? You're not ancient! Sheesh, being "alone" is not the worst thing in the world. You write intelligently; you seem to have a decent business going - why on earth do you want to walk into a future of verbal and emotional abuse from this man AND his two kids? You're worth more than that. And ending an engagement is a LOT easier than ending a marriage. Get out NOW before you're legally yoked to this putz and his nasty brats. It will only get better for you, believe me!

Old 06-12-2020, 08:03 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allergicraction2 View Post
I am reading it. I'm just making sure people hear both sides. It is easy for me to tell my version, I thought it was important for everyone to know how he might respond to what I'm saying.

But, I certainly am happy to read that no one feels any differently.

Ugh, ending an engagement isn't easy after all this time. Especially at my age. (45) But, it's a joke right? i wear a ring ...for what? There's no wedding date and I can't marry him. And this 'hanging' out isn't even fun at this point.
Ending a marriage to the wrong man would be even more difficult. How long has your engagement been?

Old 06-12-2020, 08:10 AM

78 posts, read 24,169 times
We've been together 5 years later this month.

I have told myself that I should leave on or before the anniversary. (That he doesn't even remember).

I recently told him I wanted a wedding date and an anniversary. He said yeah, we can have an anniversary if you want, but no wedding date until you can prove to me that it won't end in divorce.

I told him I wanted to tell his family (He non stop tells me they are worried about him with me)... that we have a wedding date. We had an argument and they were supposed to be coming for dinner or something that weekend... I said may we please have a date so we can tell them? He told me if I wanted that or even mentioned a wedding date to them, I should consider myself uninvited to the dinner.

He has since told me that he would look towards "December" but then said if I announce it to anyone ...I'm setting myself up for failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Ending a marriage to the wrong man would be even more difficult. How long has your engagement been?

Old 06-12-2020, 08:11 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
The issue isn't his children not liking you. The issue is that your fiance treats you with utter disrespect and tells you that you're a bad person. This isn't someone you should marry. This is someone you should dump immediately.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:14 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Get your own place.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:17 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
You deserve better OP. Even if it means being alone - alone is a lot better than being with somebody so disrespectful and unloving and unkind.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:17 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:

I have told myself that I should leave on or before the anniversary. (That he doesn't even remember).

I recently told him I wanted a wedding date and an anniversary. He said yeah, we can have an anniversary if you want, but no wedding date until you can prove to me that it won't end in divorce.

I told him I wanted to tell his family (He non stop tells me they are worried about him with me)... that we have a wedding date. We had an argument and they were supposed to be coming for dinner or something that weekend... I said may we please have a date so we can tell them? He told me if I wanted that or even mentioned a wedding date to them, I should consider myself uninvited to the dinner.

He has since told me that he would look towards "December" but then said if I announce it to anyone ...I'm setting myself up for failure.
In this case, I'm surprised that no one who knows you has rolled up those multiple red flags of your fiancé's and bashed you over the head with them since your fear of being alone has you staying in a relationship that's never going to work. Why wait until an anniversary to leave him? Tomorrow begins today.

Do you have children who might be witnessing how their potential step father is treating their mother?

What does your fiancé do for a living and do you two live together? You don't seem to be dependent upon his income and he seems to be well off in his own right; if you don't live together, it's going to be that much faster and easier to extricate yourself from this relationship.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:25 AM

130,259 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:

This guy sounds like a real creep. GTF out. Nothing you can do or say, will make him change his spots. He blames you for all sorts of things, & that will continue. Men like that are good at twisting things, & making the partner feel guilty. Believe in yourself.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:38 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you not reading these replies?

Yes, you both have issues and ownership here. You aren't compatible.

Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and MOVE ON.
She isnt at all listening to the replies!!!! She keeps asking what should she do after being told by everyone here to leave. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships