Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 07:04 PM

2,862 posts, read 1,807,201 times

Advertisements

As a recovering crisis junkie, in a self help group, someone said, "You can be happy, joyous and free." My first thought was Why? Learning from others in recovery, Try to enjoy one day at a time, If a a situation arises, does it pertain to me Or do I mind my own business. Learned too, other peoples problems are Not mind to solve! Breathe deep, say the Serenity Prayer. Remember, Easy does it.

Ship, many Posters have suggested therapy, Please take their suggestion, you may need to consult several. Another suggestion, take a relaxing trip together. If he loves you, hold his hand, explain how you feel, inform you are looking into therapy as he so special to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 07:58 PM

1,246 posts, read 823,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipwreckSiren View Post
Mostly mental stuff. With my closest of friends as you learn them it's like "Omg you like XYZ?! No way! Me, too!" and you just feel on the same wave length. We do not have this but are also compatible in the way we think. Our communication is effortless. I honestly feel more comfortable telling him things that some closer friends because I feel I have so much trust with him now that I think about it.

As far as interests, it's mostly things like games, tv shows/movies, etc. He likes a lot of fantasy stuff and I can find myself glazing over sometimes when he gets passionately on about those topics, but I still love that he likes those things and they make him so happy. I like a lot of live action shows like Dexter, Lost, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc. Although he isn't opposed to them he would rather watch Anime and I'm not really an Anime fan. We compromise on things well though.
I wouldn't worry about this stuff. It sounds like there are more than enough positives to make up for it. Just my opinion.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
If you feel like something is missing, that is how you feel.

Maybe you need teamwork, some shared goal to work on (homeless outreach, to list a stereotypical example).

Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Maybe you need teamwork, some shared goal to work on (homeless outreach, to list a stereotypical example).
That's a good idea. There are healthy ways of getting an adrenaline rush or an endorphin rush! Why not try doing something exciting or rewarding together?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Another question: what's his attitude toward ongoing learning vs. yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships