Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 11:59 AM

30 posts, read 33,154 times

Advertisements

I’ve tried almost all of the free apps, Match & Christian Mingle. Match was not the best, I met around 3 guys but it didn’t work out. EHarmony is one of the most expensive ones, I have the free account so I noticed I got messages but can’t see what they look like. The free apps don’t work but I’ve tried the other paid ones & did not find them beneficial. Christian Mingle was a joke, should I try EHarmony? Or are they all going to end in the same result?

Old 06-15-2020, 12:40 PM

111 posts, read 82,268 times
I met my husband on eharmony. Yes it’s free to sign up but to see anybody’s picture that messages you and to respond, you need to pay. I would do it again. I feel like it had more serious people than the free apps. If you live in a small area, you might not have many good matches nearby so that is something to consider also.

Old 06-15-2020, 03:25 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,300,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsg1694 View Post
I’ve tried almost all of the free apps, Match & Christian Mingle. Match was not the best, I met around 3 guys but it didn’t work out. EHarmony is one of the most expensive ones, I have the free account so I noticed I got messages but can’t see what they look like. The free apps don’t work but I’ve tried the other paid ones & did not find them beneficial. Christian Mingle was a joke, should I try EHarmony? Or are they all going to end in the same result?
No. The algorithm selects who you can meet and it doesn't set you up with that many people. Whatever issues that kept you from finding someone on the free aps are likely going to hold you back on the paid ones.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:07 PM

1,350 posts, read 818,249 times
I don't know much about the dating apps, but I know of one person who went on eHarmony, she soon met a guy, they got married a year later, and she had her first baby a year after that, at age 38.

So, maybe it is good for marriage-minded??? Are you looking for a husband now?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:13 AM

285 posts, read 204,135 times
I tried it and paid for a few months awhile ago before I was married. It was terrible.

You need to answer the (very long) questionnaire about yourself when you're in your best state. I wasn't (for other reasons at the time). The algorithm matched me up with only TWO men, both of whom were completely unattractive in personality and looks and slightly creepy even. There's no way in hell I would have married either one of them. I'd rather have been catapulted into space.

What did that say about me in that state of mind while I was answering the questions? (lol!)

I'd say try it if you're curious but be careful about where you're at when you're answering those millions of questions.

I think the free for all fishing in the other dating apps are a lot easier to sift through and more natural. It feels more like you're walking into a bar or a venue because there are all types and you can see a lot of people in their natural glory. Either way, have your eyes and ears peeled and don't get too down if these things don't work out for you. They're all money-makers in a way and it's a business so keep that in mind.

Take breaks from dating if you're feeling burnt out also and walk away from OLD.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:25 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,513,594 times
I have tried a few different dating sites in the past. I tried E Harmony 3.5 years ago. On the 3rd day, my current girlfriend wrote to me. We've been dating since then.

I REALLY like EHarmony. It is expensive, but that brings a different level of people. I think there is more motivation because of that compared to some of the other free or low cost sites.

You only get a certain number of people per day that ya match to. But, it makes ya spend more time looking at the profile.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:21 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Waste of money

Old 06-28-2020, 08:28 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
I have never used it but I can only guess that it's worth it if:

-You don't mind filling out a lot of questions honestly and willing to pay for the site.

-You want a serious relationship and are marriage-minded.

-You don't care about looks. Like at all.

-You don't need a large selection of people to go out with or "try out".

If you can do all those things with no problem and not begrudgingly, I think there's a really high chance that you can find someone there easily and quickly.

Old 06-28-2020, 01:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times
I tried it long ago, but found it incredibly annoying. Obviously, it has worked well for many people - I'm just not one of them. I had great success on match, however, and preferred to have the greater control over whom I could contact vs. eHarmony.

Old 06-28-2020, 04:02 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,300,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I tried it long ago, but found it incredibly annoying. Obviously, it has worked well for many people - I'm just not one of them. I had great success on match, however, and preferred to have the greater control over whom I could contact vs. eHarmony.
To be fair, I think the high cost of the app tends to screen for people who are motivated to find someone, but the interface is so terrible its really tough to justify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships