Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 04:16 PM

599 posts, read 262,976 times

Advertisements

I regret not pursing my career earlier until my kids were older, it was easy because my ex made a lot of money. I realize much of my unhappiness was feeling like I had little say when it came to money.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:02 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
If you haven't any regrets you haven't been living.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:56 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Tasha, I think you will regret not having kids. It's coming through loud and clear with each of your posts in this thread.

Old 06-16-2020, 11:12 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I'm so happy this turned out for you!!! IMO tho.....I would feel more like I didn't have anybody if I didn't have my fiance......or my 2 closest friends that I have had for yrs. I don't look for a baby to fill that need for me.............or as a feeling I gotta experience. It's a life long responsibility & I know it would change my life & my relationship.
I wasn’t implying you specifically have to experience having a child, I meant you wouldn’t know, if you haven’t. I would never tell anyone what they should do, I’m only relating my own experience.

Yes I have friends, and a significant other as well.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:39 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Aside from not moving 2,000 miles away from her parents when we had the chance? Nope.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:54 AM

1,238 posts, read 820,537 times
Quote:
Ofc I don't mean if you are no longer in the relationship....because then you don't have to stick to your compromise or decision.
Just because you can make a different decision now doesn't mean you can't have regrets about not doing it earlier...

Anyway, I regret putting a career change on hold for a relationship, and then not making a more serious commitment to that relationship. I got the worst of both worlds... heartbreak AND missed career opportunity.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:14 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Tasha, I think you will regret not having kids. It's coming through loud and clear with each of your posts in this thread.

I dunno what's coming through for you.... but...I had a bad experience with being stunned to find out I had a "stepson".....so I had the taste of being a mom for a little. Ofc there was a lot of bad stuff about my ex marriage that went into it AND I wasn't his mom biologically BUT.....I still experienced the day to day of being a mom & tbh......it got me thinking more about not ever having children before I even met my fiance. I have some friends that talk about mom stuff non stop & other friends that know they do not want children. I was always kinda in the middle.......the right relationship is much more important to me. I know from the threads tho....lots of women are more sure about becoming a mom than me. AND...it's not like I'm 22 making this decision.....or just getting pregnant & having it made for me.

It was a mutual decision of ours not to tho........& if I'm totally honest.......if I really really wanted to have a baby, I think my fiance would support it. BUT.....he feels he's getting older....AND cause I'm really leaning no anyways.......we have decided together not to. I love our life together. IMO...if you also love yourself.....the less regrets you will have in life. I don't even regret marrying my ex..........& I know that was a mistake ofc.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
If you haven't any regrets you haven't been living.

I regret starting this thread... My fiance can be a private man & I was wanting to know about regrets in relationships that anybody had BUT everybody is thinking I meant just about not having babies.

I'm trying to decide if I should drop my very public hobby as a fashion & beauty vlogger.....& not just because of my relationship....tho that's part... but because I've had it for 7 yrs & I am uploading much less often since I got engaged anyways. I'm kinda outgrowing it......BUT it's hard to let it go too.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:41 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:

I'm trying to decide if I should drop my very public hobby as a fashion & beauty vlogger.....& not just because of my relationship....tho that's part... but because I've had it for 7 yrs & I am uploading much less often since I got engaged anyways. I'm kinda outgrowing it......BUT it's hard to let it go too.
Are you thinking about dropping it because it treads into his privacy comfort zone?

He knew you did that before you came there.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Are you thinking about dropping it because it treads into his privacy comfort zone?

He knew you did that before you came there.

That's part of it.....tho he has nothing to do with it directly. Tbh I'm more used to the sexualized & stupid comments than he is......BUT it's also because I feel like I've outgrown it.

edit: I've run out of makeup, nutrition, fashion & beauty ideas & tips........AND searched all kinds of social media to get more so that's kinda the reason I have less uploads after 7 yrs....nothing is feeling original or exciting anymore....it's more just promoting products & fashion hauls. That could be how I've changed tho because of my relationship. AND people do try to get into my personal life.........& that affects him too. I never know how much to include him.....or not......cause it does involve him now & yet it doesn't.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 06-17-2020 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships