Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 05:28 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
The OP’s boyfriend had been divorced for eight years. I think he’s weak to hide her like he has been doing.

Maybe he and the ex wife were still seeing each other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Perhaps he was only legally separated & not divorced.

Not acknowledging that you are his girlfriend means that you are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
He does not sound sincere about you.

Why not just find a guy who wants to show you off to all his friends and family? There are billions of men in the world.
I totally agree. After this amount of time w/ him, it's obvious you're sick & tired of this mess otherwise, you wouldn't have started a thread about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyp20 View Post
When she was Alive and well, she still did not know I existed, my bf always said it woulda been devastating to her, knowing that he was with a girl way younger than him, and also the fact that she asked him to never tell her when he had a girlfriend,due to some akward fights and discussion she had with a girlfriend he had years before knowing me, it was a hot mess according to him, and it all went down when this girlfriend he had discovered and did mot like the fact that him and his ex wife still talked etc ( which is weird but I guess they had a friendly amicable divorce), I really don’t know the drill here!

For some reason I can bet a 100 bucks that he never told that girlfriend that he still spoke frequently to his ex wife, so according to himthis girl grabbed his mobile and called her and started some nasty discussions/fight, god knows what was said between these 2 women.
I'm not saying he should flaunt the OP, but no need to keep it all hush hush either. Either he's elated & proud to have YOU on his arm for all to see & not give a rat's @$s what anyone thinks OR he's not & obviously he's not.

I'm so sick of men who seem to be calling all the shots in the relationships in these threads on this board. Women NEED to be a whole LOT stronger, speak up, don't be so weak & afraid to rock the boat or "get him mad" & don't just go along w/ the flow all while being miserable in the process.

Women have to be bold enough to cuss a guy out if she has to & not take any BS from anyone let alone their so-called partner in life, SO, love of their life, etc. & if a woman's so afraid to do that in fear that he might hit her or something, then he's obviously got a hot temper & is a no-good loser anyway because a good man will never stoop to certain levels no matter how mad he gets w/ his lady.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 06-25-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 01:50 PM

16 posts, read 7,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I totally agree. After this amount of time w/ him, it's obvious you're sick & tired of this mess otherwise, you wouldn't have started a thread about this.

I'm not saying he should flaunt the OP, but no need to keep it all hush hush either. Either he's elated & proud to have YOU on his arm for all to see & not give a rat's @$s what anyone thinks OR he's not & obviously he's not.

I'm so sick of men who seem to be calling all the shots in the relationships in these threads on this board. Women NEED to be a whole LOT stronger, speak up, don't be so weak & afraid to rock the boat or "get him mad" & don't just go along w/ the flow all while being miserable in the process.

Women have to be bold enough to cuss a guy out if she has to & not take any BS from anyone let alone their so-called partner in life, SO, love of their life, etc. & if a woman's so afraid to do that in fear that he might hit her or something, then he's obviously got a hot temper & is a no-good loser anyway because a good man will never stoop to certain levels no matter how mad he gets w/ his lady.

I just hate the fact that he does in fact seem very controlling, and wants to control me by buying me stuff and being nice, taking me to his work trips and me staying on hotels, taking me to restaurants and sh**t, but Honestly I feel as if he did not respect me a 100%, and when I tell him things that I don’t like he gets very bitchy about it and he goes from being sweet and nice for a period of time, to being mean, like an *******, like INDIFFERENT, basically after me getting mad at him and telling him what I see wrong, he acts like this, like if I have to kiss his a** afterwards, when he is at fault with this.

My question is how can I act towards him when he acts like this , like he is always right, ex: he is the rock and I am the egg, I feel he needs a reality check, either he is in love with me or not at all ( and I think the last).

Plus he tries to make me jealous at times, I just don’t get this weird behavior, perhaps age difference??

Old 06-26-2020, 01:54 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:

I just hate the fact that he does in fact seem very controlling, and wants to control me by buying me stuff and being nice, taking me to his work trips and me staying on hotels, taking me to restaurants and sh**t, but Honestly I feel as if he did not respect me a 100%, and when I tell him things that I don’t like he gets very bitchy about it and he goes from being sweet and nice for a period of time, to being mean, like an *******, like INDIFFERENT, basically after me getting mad at him and telling him what I see wrong, he acts like this, like if I have to kiss his a** afterwards, when he is at fault with this.

My question is how can I act towards him when he acts like this , like he is always right, ex: he is the rock and I am the egg, I feel he needs a reality check, either he is in love with me or not at all ( and I think the last).

Plus he tries to make me jealous at times, I just don’t get this weird behavior, perhaps age difference??
You boyfriend seems to be treating you more like a mistress than a girlfriend and possible future wife and mother of his children.

Have you asked yourself what *you* want from this relationship?

Old 06-26-2020, 05:04 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Am I the only one wondering whether he was actually divorced?
Keyser Soze boyfriend? hmmmmm

Last edited by jaypee; 06-26-2020 at 05:12 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 05:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

[/b]Plus he tries to make me jealous at times, I just don’t get this weird behavior, perhaps age difference??
That's your question???

What would you tell a friend of yours who wrote all the stuff you're written about him? Would you advise her to work on it, as if there's something to salvage here? Subject herself to more disrespect and cruelty?

Wake up, woman. This is a ****show. Walk away, while there's still some dignity left.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:46 AM

Default Can this be the point where I have to say goodbye for good?

Hello everybody, this post is in regards to a past post , il copy the post below this updated post, so you can read it and understand the problem.

So my problem is that, this past Sunday he was showing me some older pictures in the buildings that he has worked in, and right at that moment the plumber came to fix the toilet, so he stayed talking to this plumber for quite a while, so one of these pictures led me to an album with this girl’s name on it plus the date he created the album, and BAM it was this girl again, the album had 200 photos if her, some of them together, some others a little too sexual (in one she was thrown in the floor with black panties, black bra, and high heels shoes. Another one in the beach with bikini laying in the sand, plus 2 videos when they went out with her friend.

Why in the world would he keep album of a girl he did not even have something serious with, I told this to my friend and she was like: I feel there is way more to this story, that he has not told you about completely, it sounds like they dated for a while and was a little more than just some casual hook up, but never turned into a real relationship.

Then there was another album of this girl, who he has never ever told me about, photos of them kissing, and it was right after this other girl I mention, so the building girl he began to go out with her on March then at the end of May he began to go out with this one. And hold on tight so you don’t fall out the chair, he took this girl as well to the building where the other girl worked, he has this pattern of doing this, because he took me to that building several times when we began to date

I really don’t understand why he keeps these albums, and has the same pattern of taking that other girl and me to that building where this wonder woman had worked in at that time.

And like my friend said, it seems like they dated a little longer otherwise he wouldn’t have 200 pictures of her and some of them both together in different timings.

So I know this is in regards to the past post, but what do you guys think really went down in here, honest thoughts! With this new update.

PAST POST ⬇️

Hello, so I have been working with my boyfriend on and off helping him out in some of his work projects and he pays me, so he gave me his work laptop, not personal and I was working from there, so I remember I needed to search for a word meaning on google so I opened up mozilla and went to the google bar and when I began typing, his search history shows up and I can see that he typed the name of this woman he went out a couple of times with( nothing serious that is) they were just getting to know each other, but there was never a relationship between them.

They happened to have met in their work environment in 2017, he talked to me about her a couple of times of how beautiful, supermodel looking she was and that she had this great management job in a luxury building residential ( this is were they actually met) so I started feeling a little insecure and jealous because he talked so highly about her, physically speaking that is yet he told me she was a diva and was always flirting with everybody and other negative aspects about her.

The times that he has mentioned this woman to me, he would always start with:” this girl is so pretty, she looks like a model, that all the women that lived there always told her what an amazing hourglass body she had, that all these rich man driving expensive cars where after her, sending her flowers, messages and so on and then he would start saying all her negative traits and why he did not like her anymore and that she was empty, was too much of a diva and that he did see her true colors.

He told me that he was very glad that god took her out of his way, nevertheless he still has her in facebook and for some reason he always mentions the building were she worked in, or thinks that some random person lives there, so he always ends up mentioning it. He does not know in any way shape or form that I am aware that he has her in facebook and that I know her name as well.

And now I found out he has searched for her on google on several occasions ( about some months ago and now recently) ,why would this be? Is he still intrigued by this girl after 2 years or he is somewhat still curious, aggravated about her and the fact that nothing happened between them.

Should I ask him about this? What can I do to understand the reason why he is searching for her. It does not even make sense because he has her facebook. I have a close friend that knows her ex bf and knows her as well and according to my friend she works on another even more luxurious building now.

Why so much obsession with the building, this woman, at least this is what I feel here. this seems like if he was deeply impacted by all of this in that particular moment in his life and for some reason he can’t get over it.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Girl, you are asking the wrong questions.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Girl, you are asking the wrong questions.
????

Old 07-05-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:

????
At what point will you start to listen to your gut?

Old 07-05-2020, 09:53 AM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Well, if it is not a situation you can live with, then yes, it's best to end the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships