Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 09:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyp20 View Post
????
I'll just paste what I said in your other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's your question???

What would you tell a friend of yours who wrote all the stuff you're written about him? Would you advise her to work on it, as if there's something to salvage here? Subject herself to more disrespect and cruelty?

Wake up, woman. This is a ****show. Walk away, while there's still some dignity left.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 07-05-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 10:01 AM

61,723 posts, read 87,123,005 times
How much more proof you need that he is NOT into you???
FWB maybe, but not real feelings and he doesn't care how you feel.
Show some self respect and end it!

Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:

I just hate the fact that he does in fact seem very controlling, and wants to control me by buying me stuff and being nice, taking me to his work trips and me staying on hotels, taking me to restaurants and sh**t, but Honestly I feel as if he did not respect me a 100%, and when I tell him things that I don’t like he gets very bitchy about it and he goes from being sweet and nice for a period of time, to being mean, like an *******, like INDIFFERENT, basically after me getting mad at him and telling him what I see wrong, he acts like this, like if I have to kiss his a** afterwards, when he is at fault with this.

My question is how can I act towards him when he acts like this , like he is always right, ex: he is the rock and I am the egg, I feel he needs a reality check, either he is in love with me or not at all ( and I think the last).

Plus he tries to make me jealous at times, I just don’t get this weird behavior, perhaps age difference??
How can you act? YOU DON'T. Forget his wide mood swings, wishy-washy BS. Who needs that?! Just be done w/ him! Why in the hell would you want a guy who's nice one day or minute then mean the next & back & forth & all that hoopla?

BE DONE.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:11 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
How can you act? YOU DON'T. Forget his wide mood swings, wishy-washy BS. Who needs that?! Just be done w/ him! Why in the hell would you want a guy who's nice one day or minute then mean the next & back & forth & all that hoopla?

BE DONE.
Agreed Hot & Cold, Jekyll/Hyde behavior = Run.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:38 PM

173 posts, read 111,465 times
Default you better see yourself out

Quote:
Hi everyone, the issue that I am having is that my bf has not told any of his dead ex wife ( she died last year in july) friends or people that he knows in common with her that I exist and that I am his girlfriend , yesterday I told him about it, because every time that a person that was a friend of his ex wife calls him ( besides the fact that he inherited her house and some other belongings) he just leaves the room or tells me to not speak, and the same thing happened with her when she was still alive. She did not know I existed....
My question is if they all know about me, about the fact that he has a girlfriend etc, can this affect the inheritance?, him being the will keeper and owner?[/b]
I need your honest opinion, what is up with this, he told me he had already explain to me why, honestly I don’t even remember that explanation, but he sure did not refresh my mind yesterday.
Few notes:
I don't like that his wife dies after divorce and he inherited her house, did she die naturally or he caused it? I would not feel good staying with him if any at all he caused her either the sickness or death. (I am expecting to be called paranoid here, but ask yourself what are things you do not know about him.)
You don't know who could not have kids, maybe he can not have kids and he doesn't want you to learn neither that nor any other of bad things from the people he is hiding you from. I don't expect they have too much good to say to you about him, (just from experience).
You are 31 and a lot of 25 to 40 are out there worthier to be with. You are better of leaving (unless you have some personal profiting reasons to stay with him), but I am afraid he's claiming you his, and you may not be able to separate in a civilized manner. He's proud to have 31 year old chick next to his 47 year old d.... You want children so go out and have them with someone who wants kids and would love you to his grave because you gifted him with his blood line.
My coworker would celebrate his life to have someone with him of that sort, but he's having no luck.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:39 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
All this just seems weird to me, if it does not affect the will process, which by the way he is almost finishing.
At the beginning of alm of this, he told that he had to say that HE was her Fiancée at the moment of her death so everything would be quicker with the will process. Whether this is a fact or not, I am not sure, have no clue.
This makes zero sense. Being engaged is not a legal status. You are married or you are not married (divorced is the same as not married, separated is the same as married, engaged is the same as not married).

Old 08-07-2020, 05:48 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, It seems simple to me.

1. It's only been a year, maybe less, since his (ex-)wife died. He may be thinking, that the ex's side would be shocked, that he already has a gf, and is not observing a proper mourning period.

2. He's afraid the ex's people would be shocked to know he's been with you since even before the divorce. That makes the situation especially awkward. How is he supposed to introduce you to them? "This is the woman I was having.an affair with, before the divorce"? He's probably struggling with that. We don't know if he and the ex had a legal separation first, during which he may have met the OP. More info needed.

3. It's a good sign, that he's introduced you to everyone else. Give him some time with the ex's people.

I don't see how his having a gf would affect the inheritance. I doubt there's a clause in it stating, that if he finds a new love interest, he loses the property. I wouldn't worry about that.

edit: But I see I'm out-voted by the others here. Maybe sometimes I"m too optimistic...?
knives out ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Here's my take. There's a lot we don't know about this scenario. It's not clear when the OP got together with her guy, and where his marriage or divorce proceedings were at, when they got together. Maybe part ofthe 2-1/2 years overlapped with the marriage. We need more info about the chronology of events.

But the ex died a year ago. Had she been seriously ill for quite awhile before that? Could there be good reason he didn't tell her he'd moved on? ("Hi, Exie. Sorry to hear about your cancer struggle. By the way, I have a new gf 15 years younger than me. Take care, ok? Let me know what the doctors say." )

It seems like it's been a tough 2-1/2 years in some ways, with some ups and downs, a divorce to settle (rarely easy), a fatal illness on the part of the ex, yet she left him her house in spite of the divorce, and who knows what else has gone on.

He couldn't tell the ex about the gf while she was alive, if he knew he was going to inherit the house. So the only time he could even broach the subject with the ex's friends, would have been since last July, and it would have been very poor timing to do that within months of their close friend or relative passing away. So with all that in mind, he couldn't really propose marriage to the OP, either. He may be waiting for all the paperwork, probate, etc. on the house to clear, and then catch his breath, and start focussing on the OP more.

He's told everyone else about the two of them, which I view as a sign that he could well be serious about the OP. But...that's just me, I guess.

bob kraft ?

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 08-07-2020 at 06:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships