Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:38 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,797,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
The old fashioned way really isn't in fashion these days with covid and social distancing is it? I think online is the best way to go for now.
Agreed! With the pandemic and all it’s kinda hard to just randomly meet someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 08:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
At least they're letting you know who they are without you wasting much time on them. It's frustrating, but that's kind of a good thing, right?

Old 06-26-2020, 08:06 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,980,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Ugh...well supposed to have a first date tomorrow night with a guy I’ve been talking to off a dating app. Thing is it’s almost 10pm and I haven’t heard from him since Monday. We don’t have concrete plans and the only reason I’m hesitant to text him to confirm is because we were originally supposed to meet up Tuesday evening, so I reached out to him Monday to say hi (didn’t mention the date) and he right away asked if we could reschedule for Friday since this is was his first week back to work, I said ok that would work, we texted a bit more and that was the last we spoke.

I don’t know if I should shoot him a text again or just wait for him to text me (if he even does). I’m just getting so sick of all these flakey guys on these dating apps!
If it were me, just for my peace of mind, I'd text and just plain ask "are we still on for blah blah blah?" If you don't hear back from him n that, assume there's no date.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
At least they're letting you know who they are without you wasting much time on them. It's frustrating, but that's kind of a good thing, right?
Yup that’s how I look at it too. Keep telling myself everything happens for a reason!

Old 06-26-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
If it were me, just for my peace of mind, I'd text and just plain ask "are we still on for blah blah blah?" If you don't hear back from him n that, assume there's no date.
I thought about it but then figured if he wants to meet me he will reach out to me. I don’t want to set a precedent where I’m always the one to confirm plans and stuff.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
Quote:
I thought about it but then figured if he wants to meet me he will reach out to me. I don’t want to set a precedent where I’m always the one to confirm plans and stuff.
Not only that, but he may make a plan out of guilt and then that falls through, delaying the process even further. You may get, 'tonight won't work - sorry - but how about Monday?'

Forget it. Next!!

Old 06-26-2020, 08:33 AM

61,438 posts, read 86,549,810 times
Quote:
I’m just getting frustrated because this has literally happened with every guy I’ve spoken to off these apps in the past month or so!
Take a moment and think about: why??
By now, you should start to be concerned, why is that happening to you? I mean, considering your posting history, you have really bad luck(?) getting any dates.
Just few days ago you posted this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/rela...eople-off.html

Old 06-26-2020, 08:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,223,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
take a moment and think about: Why??
By now, you should start to be concerned, why is that happening to you? I mean, considering your posting history, you have really bad luck(?) getting any dates.
+1.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Take a moment and think about: why??
Yes since the pandemic it's not been easy. Prior to the pandemic I had no problem getting dates. These people haven't met me in person, so I'm not that concerned. Yes, I'm having back luck post Covid, I imagine most people aren't having the best of luck when it comes to dating right now.

So I guess you're saying the guys who are making the dates and then flaking are not at fault here, its me that's the problem?

Old 06-26-2020, 09:14 AM

61,438 posts, read 86,549,810 times
Quote:
Yes since the pandemic it's not been easy. Prior to the pandemic I had no problem getting dates. These people haven't met me in person, so I'm not that concerned. Yes, I'm having back luck post Covid, I imagine most people aren't having the best of luck when it comes to dating right now.

So I guess you're saying the guys who are making the dates and then flaking are not at fault here, its me that's the problem?
Before the pandemic you got dates, but not successful relationships...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships