Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 06:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

I'm 14 years older than a guy who is chatting me up lately! LOL! He's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 10:00 PM

2,863 posts, read 1,808,197 times
Older woman, you do no service to stereotype us. After taking care of my younger, disabled husband for quite a few years, he transitioned to his eternal home. In sickness and in health, bless with 40 plus years.

IF my Lord would have me with another spouse, his relationship with the Lord is first. Miss the sharing, especially travel, New adventures and more than willing to relocate.

Dear friend, when I mentioned getting married again, she said "You don't want to be a nurse with a purse!". Amen! Bless to enjoy my own company .

Old 07-07-2020, 11:24 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
. After taking care of my younger, disabled husband for quite a few years, he transitioned to his eternal home. In sickness and in health, bless with 40 plus years.

I am sorry for your loss.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:55 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,307,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
After taking care of my younger, disabled husband for quite a few years, he transitioned to his eternal home. In sickness and in health, bless with 40 plus years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am sorry for your loss.
I am sorry as well. That is tough.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
BTW, OP, how does the guy you started chatting with recently, who's about 10 years younger than you, fit into this picture? Is that thread no longer relevant to your life? Or are you still actively seeking an LTR partner, in addition to this great guy who has so many common interests with you + is great in bed, that you see just for sex? How do you think any potential LTR partner you may find to date would feel about your having a great FWB with someone you really click with on all levels?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:05 PM

1,260 posts, read 945,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
BTW, OP, how does the guy you started chatting with recently, who's about 10 years younger than you, fit into this picture? Is that thread no longer relevant to your life? Or are you still actively seeking an LTR partner, in addition to this great guy who has so many common interests with you + is great in bed, that you see just for sex? How do you think any potential LTR partner you may find to date would feel about your having a great FWB with someone you really click with on all levels?

At the moment I am holding off on meeting up with this younger guy. In a way, looking back, while I connected well with this guy, I think what I was craving sexual intimacy, which I am now getting. I actually have lost almost all my interest in this guy. Also the younger guy, is definitely gunning more for a relationship, which is why I started this thread. When I started to see that, I started to ask myself if I really wanted to get involved with someone 10 years younger than me, and someone who is at an age where most at that age still have a lot of personal growing to go through.

Also, since I met that other guy, I need to slow my roll down now. Maybe if we weren't in a pandemic I would still meet up with this young guy and another guy I have been talking to as well. With the rising cases I realized that I should hold off on meeting too many new people. Especially when around the same time I am going to be around friends and family this weekend. I was actually feeling guilty and anxious from the other guy in regards to seeing family if I were to catch something from him.

Last edited by thinkertinker; 07-07-2020 at 12:13 PM..

Old 07-07-2020, 07:32 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
At the moment I am holding off on meeting up with this younger guy. In a way, looking back, while I connected well with this guy, I think what I was craving sexual intimacy, which I am now getting. I actually have lost almost all my interest in this guy. Also the younger guy, is definitely gunning more for a relationship, which is why I started this thread. When I started to see that, I started to ask myself if I really wanted to get involved with someone 10 years younger than me, and someone who is at an age where most at that age still have a lot of personal growing to go through.

Also, since I met that other guy, I need to slow my roll down now. Maybe if we weren't in a pandemic I would still meet up with this young guy and another guy I have been talking to as well. With the rising cases I realized that I should hold off on meeting too many new people. Especially when around the same time I am going to be around friends and family this weekend. I was actually feeling guilty and anxious from the other guy in regards to seeing family if I were to catch something from him.
Thank you for being so patient to answer my somewhat pointed questions. I think it would be cool, if you and FWB guy eventually decided to pursue a regular relationship/dateship, but as you pointed out earlier, you don't know him well enough yet (in a well-rounded way) to know if you'd get along. But you have to admit, it's kind of an amazing coincidence, that you have several hobby interests in common.

Carry on. Definitely a good idea to be cautious regarding health, these days, and the health of your family members.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:16 AM

339 posts, read 148,585 times
Quote:
In general what are your age limit rules? When you have broken them, how did things turn out?
In answer to your question thinkertinker...

In life I have gravitated toward older men. When I was 23 I dated a man 42 years old briefly. Most of my boyfriends have been 10 years older than I. My ex-husband was 10 years older than I. I think the older men are more mature. I really didn't have a childhood so I grew up much faster than other females.

I rarely have been attracted to younger men since some just seem way too Jason Momoa (playful non serious like) and not enough serious for me. My best friend jokes I would marry Andrew Cuomo over Chris Cuomo. (Whatever that means LoL. Probably because Chris seems more fun and playful versus Andrew's serious and intellectual. I prefer the intellectual and serious yes.)

The 2 men I dated who were younger wanted to be married and have children. I like well behaved children but preferred not to have any of my own. I don't want to be bothered with children 24/7/365 honestly. I am single now but if I found a serious male who has much older children and could have decent conversation with me then I would give it a go again cautiously. There would have to be a strong connection and an understanding I am not available whenever he feels like I should give him my time. Has to love sports, music, art and be more extroverted than me. He has to be at ease with my personality or its a no go!

Last edited by FierceKaia; 07-08-2020 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 07-08-2020, 02:25 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
People ARE complicated...you chalk all this up to "jealousy"? You yourself say that everyone's taste is different and YMMV - did you just toss those out to ward off arguments or did you mean them?

You'll be able to date younger as long as you have something to offset your increasing age - most commonly money but perhaps "confidence". Of course there will be younger men who are also confident and won't have your accumulated baggage. You don't have to have been married or have kids for the baggage to add up. Another offset could be having to go for less secure women who crave what they interpret as your stability - you'll have to decide if it's all worth it ("crazy" is a form of baggage too).
What so-called “baggage” would you like for it to be? Go as far out and as negative as your negative personality and limited imagination desires. Should hard be not for you.

Why are you so negative all the time? Is there nothing positive you can find or see in others?

Old 07-18-2020, 01:41 PM

127 posts, read 43,111 times
Though age is a very important factor in a relationship, I don't date base on age. I date base on the level of connection I have with the person - whether older or younger. Also, I don't think relationship fails because of age differences. Relationship fails when both or one of the partner stops caring, respecting, supporting and treating the other lovingly.

For as long as the person has attained the legal age of maturity, is intellectually and emotionally mature, is responsible, can fend for herself and we have a connection, we're good to go. We'rd gonna discuss other things like what we each want from the relationship as it progresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships