Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 08:40 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBaby3 View Post
SHOULD I give him back the yoga mat? No, right? Because I really dont want to deal with him ever again.
I would reply that only a toddler would ask for a birthday gift to be returned and one day when he finally matures, he will understand why I never returned it. Then block him.

That said, after my breakup with a girlfriend after two year relationship, I sent nearly everything she gave me in recent months, including my birthday. I didn’t want her to think I wanted anything from her. She got real mad asking me why I returned everything. Even she did not expect anything back. I just didn’t want anything from her at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 09:06 PM

1,350 posts, read 819,591 times
Quote:
He just texted me this (no I have not been texting him). He ALWAYS comes back a day or two later apologizing and this is why I would take him back before -

"After sitting around thinking about the words I chose with you the other day, I apologize. Those were cold cruel words coming from my own darkness that I shouldn't have spread onto you. Regardless of where my position in life stands, I should have spoken to you in a level headed manner. When you began attacking me, I attacked back.

When I saw you about to cry, it broke my heart. Being the stubborn me, I didnt want to show you I care. You twisted my words as if I was attacking you on Friday when I wasn't and I just wanted to sit around and relax with you. I should have spoken up more about my plans while you were here and I apologize for that. I apologize for saying what I said and I apologize for hurting you. I apologize for my text this morning and I apologize for our arguments.

Yes, you're beautiful. Yes, you're a sweetheart with a beautiful soul. You're a magnificent person to be around. I was becoming angry because I was beginning to fall in love with you and its something I'm afraid of. I enjoyed many moments with you and this only validated specific things I need to work on. I enjoyed many laughs, your smiles, your cuddles, and love. I hope your dad doesnt have prostate cancer and I hope everything falls in place for you. Your business will flourish and take over the world, and you will one day see the true greatness inside you that you don't see, take care.
"
Man, he must REALLY want that yoga mat back...

Old 07-06-2020, 09:08 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
He just texted me out of the blue today saying, "You should just give me back the stuff I gave you like the yoga mat and the yoga bag. Both were over $200 and for someone to say I didnt support them until they wanted to act a certain way. So it would be cool if you did so especially since I act like a toddler."

(I said he was acting like a toddler during the 4th of july fight before I left)

Um, no. I'm not going to give him back the yoga mat he got me for my birthday, and it didnt even look new. There was no packaging, no tags, and when I unrolled the mat a dryer sheet fell out. It was likely his ex gfs that he had recently moved out from like a month before we became a couple. I wont respond.
Block him.

And kudos to you for putting an end to this horrible relationship.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
SHOULD I give him back the yoga mat? No, right? Because I really dont want to deal with him ever again.
No, you are not obligated to return a used yoga mat which was your birthday gift.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:11 PM

42 posts, read 37,564 times
block or don't block i don't think it matters. It's over and it seems they both realize it.

he seems like a smart guy and someone who isn't close with their father. I think it's better this way for him, as he'll hopefully learn to respect woman more.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:20 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
He just texted me this (no I have not been texting him). He ALWAYS comes back a day or two later apologizing and this is why I would take him back before -

"After sitting around thinking about the words I chose with you the other day, I apologize. Those were cold cruel words coming from my own darkness that I shouldn't have spread onto you. Regardless of where my position in life stands, I should have spoken to you in a level headed manner. When you began attacking me, I attacked back.

When I saw you about to cry, it broke my heart. Being the stubborn me, I didnt want to show you I care. You twisted my words as if I was attacking you on Friday when I wasn't and I just wanted to sit around and relax with you. I should have spoken up more about my plans while you were here and I apologize for that. I apologize for saying what I said and I apologize for hurting you. I apologize for my text this morning and I apologize for our arguments.

Yes, you're beautiful. Yes, you're a sweetheart with a beautiful soul. You're a magnificent person to be around. I was becoming angry because I was beginning to fall in love with you and its something I'm afraid of. I enjoyed many moments with you and this only validated specific things I need to work on. I enjoyed many laughs, your smiles, your cuddles, and love. I hope your dad doesnt have prostate cancer and I hope everything falls in place for you. Your business will flourish and take over the world, and you will one day see the true greatness inside you that you don't see, take care."
Come on, come, on, come on. Will you be done w/ him already! You shouldn't have to ask total strangers if you should give back some lousy, nasty old used yoga mat that he scraped up in the basement somewhere & had the nerve to say he spent $200 for. Unless you are enjoying this yo-yo-ing back & forth as another poster said.

I don't care if he buys out the whole florist w/ 50 dozens of roses at your doorstep w/ an apology. He's a stupid-@s$ b@St@rd.

Why you still haven't blocked him tells us a LOT about YOU. You guys don't have the mentality of almost 30 yr olds...sounds like silly teenagers here. He's great one day, then horrednous to you the next & tells you what you want to hear w/ fake, so-called sincere-seeming apologies, telling you you're beautiful, etc. & you melt like a stack of cards & wonder...should I or shouldn't I give him another chance. I don't care what's going on in his pathetic life (family problems, etc.). Nothing's an excuse for how he treats you. He can't handle a thing. It's like those weak-@s$ people out there where 1 little thing goes wrong & they hit the bottle.

He's NO man, no catch, etc. you didn't have anything when you were w/ him except a pile of $h!t. Again, don't go back to him. He's probably had 5+ other girls all waiting in the wings. He just picks & chooses who he feels like dealing w/ each day of the week.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 07-06-2020 at 09:31 PM..

Old 07-06-2020, 09:44 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:

Yes, you're beautiful. Yes, you're a sweetheart with a beautiful soul. You're a magnificent person to be around. I was becoming angry because I was beginning to fall in love with you and its something I'm afraid of. I enjoyed many moments with you and this only validated specific things I need to work on. I enjoyed many laughs, your smiles, your cuddles, and love. I hope your dad doesnt have prostate cancer and I hope everything falls in place for you. Your business will flourish and take over the world, and you will one day see the true greatness inside you that you don't see, take care."
Ok wow! This dude is crazy!! Is he on medication? If he is, sounds like he skipped a few doses.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:43 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
He needs to get the other girlfriend's yoga mat back.
He takes secretive phone calls & then has to go meet someone plus doesn't want to be around cops. Is he buying or selling? & what? --drugs, women...
Run.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:46 AM

335 posts, read 187,176 times
Drop the yoga mat off on his door step. Block him.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:00 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
He's a narcissist. My brother is one. Acts increasingly worse and then bounces back to 'I love you, you're my only sister, I am sorry that I acted that way, blah blah' exactly like the last text from this guy to the OP.

So he can rope her in, be nice for a minute, and then start acting like his normal self again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships