Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 07:58 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm thinking that since he's new to OLD, he's getting a lot of interest from other women, and he's trying to play the field, but trying to keep his options open with you, too. He's like a kid in a candy store.

It's probably petty on my part, but if it were me, and he DID try to contact me again, I'd be 'busy' just for the principle of it. See if he'll commit to a date YOU suggest. "Oh, sorry Joe I have plans for this weekend. Yes, the whole weekend. I'm open Wednesday night for a quick drink though, if you want."

Agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 06:29 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
You want more out of the relationship than he is willing or capable of providing. Walk away and see if he chases / wants you. That will be your answer. After a couple days he will either be an unpleasant memory or a better friend.

Either way the next move is his to re connect with you. Pursue him no further.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,566,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
If he wants to be with you, he will make it happen.

Yes, he could be busy and blah blah blah, but in my experience when a man is interested in you, you will know.

I agree that you should not initiate contact anymore and see what he does. If nothing, time to move on.
if she wants to be with him, she will make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm thinking that since he's new to OLD, he's getting a lot of interest from other women, and he's trying to play the field, but trying to keep his options open with you, too. He's like a kid in a candy store.

It's probably petty on my part, but if it were me, and he DID try to contact me again, I'd be 'busy' just for the principle of it. See if he'll commit to a date YOU suggest. "Oh, sorry Joe I have plans for this weekend. Yes, the whole weekend. I'm open Wednesday night for a quick drink though, if you want."
did he propose to yoo (and did yoo accept) during these first two dates ?;
else,
i would continue to see him as well as others, then choose your best option. why dont yoo just ask him out and see if he is interested in spending time with yoo. or are yoo afraid of him thinking yoo arr too thirsty and desperate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Yea he messaged me last night asking my plans for the weekend. I have my son but said he could come by after he’s asleep if he wants. He said he will keep my posted. Hard to gauge if he is taking it slow or not too interested. I think if he doesn’t come sat that will point towards lack of interest. Haven’t seen him in 2 weeks now due to my vacation. But he definitely is sending some mixed signals.
this translates to: if his plan-a blows him off, he will text yoo 15 minutes before he knocks on your door.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 07-11-2020 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-11-2020, 01:36 PM

226 posts, read 297,862 times
Hope the op comes back and lets us know if it worked out. I hate it when they leave us wondering.

Good luck op!

Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 PM

666 posts, read 477,998 times
Update - he msg me at 845 tonight !!! Saying “don’t think I’ll be able to make it tonight. How was
Your day with your son?” I responded “no worries. Have a good night”. And that was it ! What a jerk. He didn’t even have the decency to msg earlier and then pretends to care about my day ? Glad it ended like the actually since he appeared to be such a good guy on our dates. Someone who acts like that is clearly not someone I want to be with. On to the next !

Old 07-12-2020, 12:07 AM

1,350 posts, read 818,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Update - he msg me at 845 tonight !!! Saying “don’t think I’ll be able to make it tonight. How was
Your day with your son?” I responded “no worries. Have a good night”. And that was it ! What a jerk. He didn’t even have the decency to msg earlier and then pretends to care about my day ? Glad it ended like the actually since he appeared to be such a good guy on our dates. Someone who acts like that is clearly not someone I want to be with. On to the next !
Ugh. He doesn't text you until 8:45 pm? I wouldn't have replied back until tomorrow... maybe you were too busy too

Don't take any of this personally. He's having fun with all his new matches on the dating app. He's not ready to get serious with anyone right now. You don't need this aggravation. Yes, move on.

Thanks for the update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships