Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 03:52 PM

1,579 posts, read 949,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I am aware of what Gen Z is. Born between 1995 and 2015. Some of them are 25 years old.

Yes, and my point in posting his age is that is what makes his supposed concern about this phenomenon ... unusual.

**shakes Magic 8 Ball**

"Outlook not so good."

Yes, being 45 and being this concerned is kind of odd, I agree with you there. I thought maybe you misread my post as GenX. I wasn't sure why you brought up the OPs age when I was talking about hoping this will be a non-issue for future generations. But I get it now.

I always hated those Magic 8 Balls. Evil little things never gave me the answer I wanted, haha. You may be right and probably are. But I will go for the long shot. Looking at what I see with working with these GenZ kids and how they just don't seem to conform to old notions of tradition and looking at the so call common characteristics of that generation with valuing individual expression and being financially focused, I am hoping it leads to a break the DeBeers advertising hold.

I've derailed this enough though with my opinionated rant.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:36 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
'Emotion' is a part of life; so are large purchases i.e. a home, car, engagement ring - most of us know the difference and understand what we can comfortably afford. I agree one must have a 'clear head', but you stated in a previous post a 'rational mindset' was impossible for you in re: a ring, lol (and then later copied a link to a blog as your evidential defense to emotional purchases).

Why is an investment banker referring to a 'two-month salary guide' (or not applying rational methodology, for that matter)? Get in control of your emotion (and your own spending) - and simply figure out what you can reasonably afford; it should be easier for you than most on an investment banker's salary, yes?

Ita......the engagement & GETTING the ring is emotional for us.....AND GIVING the ring is emotional for the man.

BUT...........buying it is just figuring out the best & most sparkly diamond for the money you want to spend IMO. It's super easy O.P......not hard.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships