Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 10:59 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times

Advertisements

So he pretty much plays all the other free time he's not working?

How old are you guys & how long have you been dating him & putting up w/ this madness?

Well, whether he's in his 20s or 40s, I wouldn't want to date, much less marry a big kid myself. Sems like he doesn't need or care if he has a girlfriend, he just wants to play w/ the buddies.

So you guys never go out on dates OR is his idea of dating you always going to his house to hang out & watch him play all night? If so, I don't know how YOU can stand it.

You need a much more well-rounded guy w/ interests who will broaden his horizons & WANT to experience new things.

I guess COVID's really been almost completely fine for him since we all have to stay at home a LOT more these days. He's cooped up w/ video games all the time anyway.

Surely there are better guys than this out there! Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Go back and read both threads you’ve started about him.

He tells you to shut up.
He plays video games more than my 16-year-old.
He blames you for not reading his mind.
He can’t keep a promise.

It’s all there.

Y’all both have more to learn. Consider this a practice run.
OK OP, I knew I recognized your username from another currently active thread I posted in. So what I posted ABOVE was before I knew for sure that you (OP) was the other thread-starter. OH HELL NO, why are you wasting your life away w/ this stupid, immature, narcissistic, pig-headed loser! I'm completely & utterly disgusted w/ him & I don't even know him.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutans1996 View Post
He didn't dread telling me it, he just casually dropped it in a text. He knew I would be upset because we had a deal!
Yep, and that’s not a good sign.

When that happens, you’re his keeper, not his partner.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:03 PM

96 posts, read 68,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
So he pretty much plays all the other free time he's not working?

How old are you guys & how long have you been dating him & putting up w/ this madness?

Well, whether he's in his 20s or 40s, I wouldn't want to date, much less marry a big kid myself. Sems like he doesn't need or care if he has a girlfriend, he just wants to play w/ the buddies.

So you guys never go out on dates OR is his idea of dating you always going to his house to hang out & watch him play all night? If so, I don't know how YOU can stand it.

You need a much more well-rounded guy w/ interests who will broaden his horizons & WANT to experience new things.

I guess COVID's really been almost completely fine for him since we all have to stay at home a LOT more these days. He's cooped up w/ video games all the time anyway.

Surely there are better guys than this out there! Yikes!

I am 23 and he is 24. He does seem pretty willing to do new things when I push him to do them, but on his own he takes no initiative. We do go on dates, mainly out to meals, walks, hiking. We also play Mario together, which is fun, and we watch shows together. But we only see each other on the weekends. He wants me to move in with him, but honestly I won't be able to handle someone who just comes home and sits on his butt for 5 hours playing games!

When I come over for the weekend, he doesn't just play games the whole time, but for example, when I'm making dinner, he plays games. I don't know, maybe that's okay, but maybe he should be spending time with me? I kind of don't mind being alone while I do that though.

I think if I lived with him, I might be able to get him to go for a run with me each day. But what if I can't? The fact that he couldn't even take two consecutive Mondays off of video games made me really upset.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I am 23 and he is 24. He does seem pretty willing to do new things when I push him to do them, but on his own he takes no initiative. We do go on dates, mainly out to meals, walks, hiking. We also play Mario together, which is fun, and we watch shows together. But we only see each other on the weekends. He wants me to move in with him, but honestly I won't be able to handle someone who just comes home and sits on his butt for 5 hours playing games!

When I come over for the weekend, he doesn't just play games the whole time, but for example, when I'm making dinner, he plays games. I don't know, maybe that's okay, but maybe he should be spending time with me? I kind of don't mind being alone while I do that though.

I think if I lived with him, I might be able to get him to go for a run with me each day. But what if I can't? The fact that he couldn't even take two consecutive Mondays off of video games made me really upset.
Listen to your gut.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:06 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
You're with an addict. Being an addict means, one is out of control, can't control one's impulses. This means, he's not available to you. A relationship isn't possible.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Listen to your gut.
But at the same time, he's funny, he likes to try new restaurants with me, he hikes and is willing to go camping with me, he loves animals, he loves memes and we have a similar sense of humor, he likes ice cream and junk food like me. He helps out his mom a lot. We have had a lot of good times and I generally do like to spend time with him, like playing Mario together is really fun....and he compliments my cooking. I don't know, I don't know if bad outweighs the good!

Old 07-13-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're with an addict. Being an addict means, one is out of control, can't control one's impulses. This means, he's not available to you. A relationship isn't possible.
But when we were LDR and he would visit me, everything was fine! Like I didn't notice any crazy withdrawal symptoms or whatever.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:08 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:

Of course he does. Because he needs the sex to be more easily accessible, and he's hoping you'll do all the cooking and cleaning for him.

Why are you trying to figure out ways to make this work? Just leave, and find a guy who's really into you, wants to spend time with you, and doesn't have addiction issues, expect you to be a mind reader, and yell at you to shut up.

OP, you need an adult for a bf. That's not what you have right now.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
But at the same time, he's funny, he likes to try new restaurants with me, he hikes and is willing to go camping with me, he loves animals, he loves memes and we have a similar sense of humor, he likes ice cream and junk food like me. He helps out his mom a lot. We have had a lot of good times and I generally do like to spend time with him, like playing Mario together is really fun....and he compliments my cooking. I don't know, I don't know if bad outweighs the good!
You’ve just described a great friend.

Google the “sunk cost fallacy.” That’s where you are right now.

Imagine if this is as good as it gets forever - for the rest of your life. Would you be okay with him exactly as he is today?

Please don’t even think about moving in with him.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Of course he does. Because he needs the sex to be more easily accessible, and he's hoping you'll do all the cooking and cleaning for him.

Why are you trying to figure out ways to make this work? Just leave, and find a guy who's really into you, wants to spend time with you, and doesn't have addiction issues.
I just think he'll be so crushed if I leave and he'll just regress into his old habits, and I don't know if he'll really be able to find anyone else right now, and he kind of bought a full bed just because I was staying with him, so I feel kind of like a dick leaving right now. Like he really loves me, has asked me to marry him and everything, and like, I just feel like I can't leave him! His parents really like me...gah idk what to do!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships