Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you respond to a guy that brings up being against woke cancel culture in online dating?
I would have that in common and be interested in him. 26 48.15%
Wouldn't really care all that much either way. 4 7.41%
I would NOT be interested. He needs to check his privilege and not mansplain! 24 44.44%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 07:13 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
A woman is not your pal. She can't be. It is a big mistake men make. Her political views, if any, should not be on the must have list unless it is something directly affecting man' life. Vocal Woke girls are just useless around the house and disagreeable, if a woman can be woke while being a good life partner who does not challenge a man every chance she gets, it would not bother me in the least.
Oh, Jeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 07:32 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Oh, Jeez.
If you are a man, you'll live you'll see, 99%. Remembermee then. If you think about that bolded text now it could save you a lot of butthurt down the line.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:19 PM

5,981 posts, read 13,121,497 times
Quote:
A woman is not your pal. She can't be. It is a big mistake men make. Her political views, if any, should not be on the must have list unless it is something directly affecting man' life. Vocal Woke girls are just useless around the house and disagreeable, if a woman can be woke while being a good life partner who does not challenge a man every chance she gets, it would not bother me in the least.
Its clearly important to a LOT of people when it comes to dating.

Lets say I express that listed ones' preferred pronouns (when its unquestionably obvious you are male or female) is and calling yourself an "ally" is cult-like behavior. If you are really going to be yourself on a date and show who you really are, you're not going to hold back who you are. I would imagine most women who are "woke" would be turned off by this, but if they are more classic liberal they would appreciate an admire the freethinking.

Its not really about politics, more about culture. And culture is what affects on a day to day basis.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:36 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
You lost me at Tulsi, the next wannabe Russian shill.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Its clearly important to a LOT of people when it comes to dating.

Lets say I express that listed ones' preferred pronouns (when its unquestionably obvious you are male or female) is and calling yourself an "ally" is cult-like behavior. If you are really going to be yourself on a date and show who you really are, you're not going to hold back who you are. I would imagine most women who are "woke" would be turned off by this, but if they are more classic liberal they would appreciate an admire the freethinking.

Its not really about politics, more about culture. And culture is what affects on a day to day basis.
A woman gives it up on the first/second date without questioning man's political views and pronouns if he's her type. Liberal, woke, bossy, conservative and just typically ignorant of politics women, all are the same. If you trigger her emotions on primeval level you cannot say
anything wrong while her emotional bump lasts, you can wear your Trump hat around a woke woman in emotional heat if you wish, if her emotions subsided you cannot say anything right no matter how much you try to match her vague povs.

As I see it, a woman splits all the men into two groups. Men who trigger her emotions just because and men who are utility providers/emotional tampons/reinforcement suppliers, etc.. Men in the first group get more or less unconditional sex, the second group must jump through the hoops to get conditional sex/relationships but there are no guarantees, a better utility provider is always around the corner. If you trigger her emotions right you'll be the only one for some time at least It is just rational thing on many levels to find a woman who finds you unconditionally +/- emotionally attractive and go from there. Some smooth manipulators can fire up woman' emotions over phone calls and texts but a generic male is much better suited by an in person meeting. Do, write, say whatever it takes to meet her and unleash your primeval charm. If a date feels like a job interview or you feel like an American pow interrogated by Vietcong, you are not her type and you'll have to effectively pay for her company in the best case. Simple.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:15 PM

5,981 posts, read 13,121,497 times
Quote:
A woman gives it up on the first/second date without questioning man's political views and pronouns if he's her type. Liberal, woke, bossy, conservative and just typically ignorant of politics women, all are the same. If you trigger her emotions on primeval level you cannot say
anything wrong while her emotional bump lasts, you can wear your Trump hat around a woke woman in emotional heat if you wish, if her emotions subsided you cannot say anything right no matter how much you try to match her vague povs.

As I see it, a woman splits all the men into two groups. Men who trigger her emotions just because and men who are utility providers/emotional tampons/reinforcement suppliers, etc.. Men in the first group get more or less unconditional sex, the second group must jump through the hoops to get conditional sex/relationships but there are no guarantees, a better utility provider is always around the corner. If you trigger her emotions right you'll be the only one for some time at least It is just rational thing on many levels to find a woman who finds you unconditionally +/- emotionally attractive and go from there. Some smooth manipulators can fire up woman' emotions over phone calls and texts but a generic male is much better suited by an in person meeting. Do, write, say whatever it takes to meet her and unleash your primeval charm. If a date feels like a job interview or you feel like an American pow interrogated by Vietcong, you are not her type and you'll have to effectively pay for her company in the best case. Simple.
True, but one can more comfortably "unleashing ones "primeval charm" if the woman dismissing theories like "rape culture" as academic social justice mumbo-jumbo. Otherwise awkwardness can get in the way.

I know what works better for me. I can naturally be more charming with a woman that would find this below funny, because it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg&t=6s

Old 08-08-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
True, but one can more comfortably "unleashing ones "primeval charm" if the woman dismissing theories like "rape culture" as academic social justice mumbo-jumbo. Otherwise awkwardness can get in the way.

I know what works better for me. I can naturally be more charming with a woman that would find this below funny, because it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg&t=6s
you are after a very small % of women who give a dime about that sort of things. There are some cute woke women out there surprisingly, there must be a way to deflect a conversation somewhere for the time it takes to establish a primeval emotional connection if any. More run of the mill women who have some sort of liberal/feminist leanings are very careful about disclosing their views not to spook otherwise promising suitors. I would guess even woke girls have some flexibility and strategery about the things of that nature.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Well, one thing is for sure. The "primeval charm" is flowing pretty thick here.

OP, what makes you SO hesitant to just post what you want to say?

Old 08-09-2020, 09:36 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,644,194 times
I'd urge be you to go with what you originally wanted to put in dating profile.
Why hide what you think and what you're looking for?
People who say they'd pass, fine, you're weeding out people you don't want to waste time with anyway.
I personally don't like to make everything political but if I did and my political outlook was similar to yours I'd be very interested.
Go for it, see what happens, you can always change it if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:13 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
There are a lot of posters in here who say they would pass on the political stuff in a dating profile. Well maybe that is the OPs intent. If he is not willing to put up with a woke gal then he is saving himself and her the time and money by making that clear right off the bat.

Not a bad idea to make your deal breakers known....saves a lot of headaches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships