Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 08:53 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times

Advertisements

Besides...

If you were honest with her regarding the reason for you breaking up with her (her kid) she doesn't want you now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 02:31 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Nope, don't talk to her from time to time, every month, every other week, etc. It will only be that much harder to get her out of your mind. Make a CLEAN BREAK & keep it that way, end of story.

If she ever contacts you back & wants to try again, etc., don't even answer.

Old 08-05-2020, 03:14 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
If I had been seeing him, and he told me he had to break up with me because of my kid...he'd be way way back in my rear view mirror by now.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 1,491 times
Thanks for all your replies! they definetely helped.

my ex gf contacted me last friday and wanted to spend a day with me and her daughter in a children's playground. I agreed to it and as we spent the day there, we mutually agreed to detach emotionally from each other slowly by seeing each other every other weekend, and contact less each week, so we dont have to torture each other through this breakup. This was exactly what I wanted when we broke up 3 weeks ago but I'm not sure how it's gonna go. I already miss her, but it's strage because i know i don't wanna be with her. Can we really detach from each other like this? or is it gonna make everything more complicated? anyone experienced something like this?

Last edited by nico2020; 08-09-2020 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm glad you realize you can't be with her because you can't be welcoming of her child.

Most men, if they meet a wonderful woman and have great sex and great chemistry just decide to keep the woman but make the child's life absolutely miserable.

I don't see a problem with getting together occasionally, and work out of this kind of slowly.

Who knows, maybe you'll even come to see some value in this child, who's had a rough go of it in the beginning of her life?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:30 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico2020 View Post

my ex gf contacted me last friday and wanted to spend a day with me and her daughter in a children's playground. I agreed to it and as we spent the day there, we mutually agreed to detach emotionally from each other slowly by seeing each other every other weekend, and contact less each week, so we dont have to torture each other through this breakup. This was exactly what I wanted when we broke up 3 weeks ago but I'm not sure how it's gonna go. I already miss her, but it's strage because i know i don't wanna be with her. Can we really detach from each other like this? or is it gonna make everything more complicated? anyone experienced something like this?
Did you really read the replies??

This is a terrible idea. You should not have met with her.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico2020 View Post

Be honest.... what do you think? What would you tell a friend? Pull the band-aid off slow or pull it off fast?

On the plus side you get to spend more time with the spoiled child that you don't like. *A date on a playground no less - Snicker.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:07 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Complete and total NO CONTACT is the only way to go. Also, start dating others as soon as feasible.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:22 AM

566 posts, read 678,011 times
Maybe you should also be concerned about her spitefully getting pregnant thereby making your own kid live with her "spoiled young kid" later on...

Last edited by glenninindy; 08-09-2020 at 09:47 AM..

Old 08-09-2020, 10:32 AM

277 posts, read 773,599 times
I hope you use this as a learning experience to not date single moms anymore, since you aren't emotionally ready to deal with the risk of another "spoiled young kid".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships