Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 07:38 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times

Advertisements

‘found out on Facebook he had moved out of town and then saw he had a girlfriend and bragging about the wild and nasty weekend they had. Not sure if the girlfriend was the entire time we slept together or new. ‘

Sounds like a classy guy. Who puts these kinds of details on Facebook? I’m sure you can do better OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2020, 07:40 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOLEISTALL View Post
A friend would have done better so guess he wasn't a friend after all.
Well no he didn’t owe her anything but does just leaving without saying a word saying ok? Heck even if they had an actual relationship one could still say he doesn’t owe her anything. It’s just bizarre behavior really.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:45 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
I can't disagree with what others have said. He wasn't much of a friend... did you know him long before sleeping with him?

For me whether or not I was sleeping with a friend is irrelevant but I understand that it would make some feel more attached, vulnerable and thus more painful when such things happen. I'd feel hurt if a friend treated me that way either way.

Sorry that it happened...

Old 08-09-2020, 11:39 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,863,645 times
If he was just a friend with no benefits, or let's say a girlfriend that you had pizza with once a week. If that person moved and didn't tell you. ..... wouldn't that be strange? Wouldn't it be strange if they didn't tell you about their new bf? It would pretty much mean they never considered you a friend at all.

Old 08-10-2020, 03:03 AM

1,350 posts, read 819,374 times
Quote:
I had a friends with benefits-I can't say he was just a f*ck buddy because he would hang out with me before or after the deed-we ate, talked, watch movies. I dug him and his energy. I liked him but never pursued anything since I didn't think I was his type romantically.
This says it all. You kept having sex with him hoping it would turn into him wanting you to be his real girlfriend.

But the problem was, he had/has a girlfriend and he even moved away to be with her.

Maybe there is something he saw in you that made him leery about telling you he moved away. That he knows how you would react, negatively, and he wanted to avoid any confrontation.

Just forget about him. Next time, try dating a guy first, real dates... before jumping into bed with him. Respect yourself. You can do better.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:29 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post

Maybe there is something he saw in you that made him leery about telling you he moved away. That he knows how you would react, negatively, and he wanted to avoid any confrontation.
It could be basic human nature to avoid conflict. I don’t know the timing of the decision to move and the new girlfriend. In the 2020 COVID economy, moves can be sudden.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:20 AM

37 posts, read 45,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
This says it all. You kept having sex with him hoping it would turn into him wanting you to be his real girlfriend.

But the problem was, he had/has a girlfriend and he even moved away to be with her.

Just forget about him. Next time, try dating a guy first, real dates... before jumping into bed with him. Respect yourself. You can do better.
I never once said I kept having sex hoping it would turn into anything. I'm hurt because I considered him a friend. I knew we were not dating.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:25 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I never once said I kept having sex hoping it would turn into anything. I'm hurt because I considered him a friend. I knew we were not dating.
But the point people are trying to make is that FWB is supposed to be two people who are "just friends" who have sex because they trust each other and know it's not supposed to be romantic.

You liked him before you started this arrangement, and because of that you never should have entered into it. You set yourself up to be hurt because of the feelings you had before.

YOUR rationale isn't anything like a real FWB. Yours is just ... sad ... because you didn't even think you were "his type," but you slept with him anyway, so what did you think that meant he was doing???

Old 08-10-2020, 08:29 AM

37 posts, read 45,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
But the point people are trying to make is that FWB is supposed to be two people who are "just friends" who have sex because they trust each other and know it's not supposed to be romantic.

You liked him before you started this arrangement, and because of that you never should have entered into it. You set yourself up to be hurt because of the feelings you had before.

YOUR rationale isn't anything like a real FWB. Yours is just ... sad ... because you didn't even think you were "his type," but you slept with him anyway, so what did you think that meant he was doing???
FWB or dating, to just move away and not say anything is rude. Friends with benefits are still friends. Just because there's no title doesn't mean they have to be rude or treat the woman like trash.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Nicole, this is why friends with benefits doesn't work. Humans aren't set up that way. It goes against our natures to have sex regularly with someone we aren't attached romantically to.

There was a groundbreaking book in the early 1970's - Open Marriage - and it was a best seller for nearly a year.

The authors rescinded their work years later - this just doesn't work.

Regular, detached non-monogamous sex isn't human behavior. Someone always gets hurt.

If you had a friendship where you went out for pizza every Thursday evening, he would feel differently about you and treat you with the respect owed a friend. FWB is so broken that there are no rules, and no expectations even of the kind of respect you receive from a platonic friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships