Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

I have lived with male roomates and female roomates and the worst any of us ever did to each other was to use up the roll of toilet paper and not replace it.

Of course there was that time Kathy ate those three pieces of pizza I was going to take for my lunch, but I guess she was just getting even with me for pinching out of her bag of Humboldt Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
are you one of those 40 year old guys still living with roommates trying to relive your youth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I have lived with male roomates and female roomates and the worst any of us ever did to each other was to use up the roll of toilet paper and not replace it.

Of course there was that time Kathy ate those three pieces of pizza I was going to take for my lunch, but I guess she was just getting even with me for pinching out of her bag of Humboldt Green.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

are you one of those 40 year old guys still living with roommates trying to relive your youth?
No, I am one of those 70 year old guys that those 40 year old guys come to for advice. And I laugh at them, take their money, and tell them to go on the Internet and find a woman. And they try it, but eventually end up here, and I make fun of them again and they move back home with their mother.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
No, I am one of those 70 year old guys that those 40 year old guys come to for advice. And I laugh at them, take their money, and tell them to go on the Internet and find a woman. And they try it, but eventually end up here, and I make fun of them again and they move back home with their mother.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I think it can work, as long as both people are up front about their expectations, not only about sex, but about cleanliness, organization, etc. However, as a mom, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with my daughter sharing a room with a guy.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM

793 posts, read 2,212,939 times
Well it is not like they are going to live with a stranger. Roommates of same gender can sometime be a problem, cause get fights, do pranks on each other, tease one another. There seems to be more respect when u have 2 opposite genders.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
It would only be a bad idea if the universities forced the arrangement. (ie randomly paired two heterosexual people of the opposite sex)

From the sound of the article these are people who choose to live together. Not couples....just friends....or people who are the opposite sex who are gay.

My university had a dorm for married couples.

And the last year I spent in the dorms I stayed in the dorm for students over the age of 21. It was the only state-owned building where alcohol was allowed. It was just a much more mature crowd. It was quieter and you could study in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships