Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 04:27 PM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times

Advertisements

O.P. stick by your guns and don't let the naysayers bring you down to the same level of filth and mire they chose to immerse themselves in their personal lives. Somewhere there is a decent young woman out there for you, who will want to "give herself" to only one man, bear his children and be his equal helpmate throughout your shared lives.

I am twice widowed and was privileged enough to marry two wonderful helpmates who were willing to overlook my multitude of short comings and "be my woman" as I was "their man" until the day they died.

One thing to know, with your income, stability, and values your stock rises dramatically as women progress in life. Stick with your values. I have never met of man of principle who regretted having them.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:29 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,787,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have no idea. I did happen to lose my virginity to another virgin. I was 18 and he was 19. It seemed more important to him that he find a virgin. I really didn't care I guess, i wasnt out to find a man ***** but wasn't looking for a virgin either.

Personally I'd try to change your standards a bit. At 24 youre not likely to find many virgins and I fear for you that you might be disappointed. No one is perfect.
Why should he change his standards? Just because there may not be "many" 20-something year old virgin women around doesn't mean that there aren't ANY.

Also, some cultures value virginity more than others.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:31 PM

19 posts, read 9,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
OP, Just to give you some insights, since you've never really been in a relationship.

In all fairness, you don't know if you can really hold a relationship, or make the right choice until your grave day. Many people are like you share the same thoughts, they enter into serious relationships believing and want it to last a lifetime, but you can't always tell what's coming in life, that is truth. Even if in virgin marriages divorce can still happen without any warning, so now what they're non virgin now even worst a divorcee. Does that mean they're a wrong choice because of their previous wrong choice?

I mean everything's good that you're set on what you want, but your views posted as above need more perspective.

I completely understand your perspective, but to be fair serial monogamist implies it's a trend not an exception...
Nonetheless I have a lot of confidence in my future and haven't been in that situation, I have a fresh slate so I don't think it's unreasonable to want the same from her.

Should things not work out(which personally I really do doubt) I'll face it when it comes. As I said before anything can happen, I can get crippled tomorrow from a fall, but why would I base my decisions on a worst case scenario instead of moving towards what I do want to happen?

I didn't come asking for advice on preparing for inevitable failure, I came looking for ideas on how I can accomplish what I want. If I fail that's a separate circumstance entirely I'd face down the road.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:35 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Well good luck. I find men who seek virgins to be controlling in other ways.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:37 PM

19 posts, read 9,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
One thing to know, with your income, stability, and values your stock rises dramatically as women progress in life. Stick with your values. I have never met of man of principle who regretted having them.

Of course, I'd rather fail doing what I believe than give up because it's easier, although ideas are appreciated. I'm ready to make any changes that I believe in and will help me to find a good partner.

I'm not too familiar with what income people generally expect from a man especially with things being a bit strange now but I have a bit over 60k saved, I figure I should save now because it will be difficult afterwards but I'm honestly not certain how much I should be aiming for at this point?

Old 11-13-2020, 04:38 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Didn't mean for it to come across in the wrong way. When I said, "don't care about sex", I mean as in NOT having to feel the need to do it after dating someone for a month (or 6, etc.), having 1-night stands just because they can, etc., etc., etc.
Yes I get that..was just putting what u mean in a different way

Old 11-13-2020, 04:46 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whataglut View Post
why would I base my decisions on a worst case scenario instead of moving towards what I do want to happen?
Because what you want is incredibly unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataglut View Post
I didn't come asking for advice on preparing for inevitable failure, I came looking for ideas on how I can accomplish what I want.
Nobody here can help you find a virgin.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:47 PM

46 posts, read 20,336 times
You put on your online dating profile you are looking for a virgin. problem solved.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:58 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
O.P. stick by your guns and don't let the naysayers bring you down to the same level of filth and mire they chose to immerse themselves in their personal lives. Somewhere there is a decent young woman out there for you, who will want to "give herself" to only one man, bear his children and be his equal helpmate throughout your shared lives.

I am twice widowed and was privileged enough to marry two wonderful helpmates who were willing to overlook my multitude of short comings and "be my woman" as I was "their man" until the day they died.

"Give herself"? Ew.

If "filth and mire" mean orgasms with someone else in the room, sign me up!

Old 11-13-2020, 05:08 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Best way in your situation is going to be christian singles groups that enable you to go out as groups to do various things (volunteer work with underprivileged, outdoor and indoor group activities etc...). Since it sounds like you are in more remote small town I would also try the internet equivalent to see what is out there.

If you are not to far from Springfield, MA, there are all girls colleges (Mt Holyoke) you may want to check out what their student body does that is co-ed volunteer oriented and see if there are any opportunities to experience being around more young women to better understand the current generation. Remember not all who think as you decide to go to one particular type of school, and as a 24 year old it may be a way to accelerate your interaction and learning experience about the opposite sex. I.E. You may be able to better weed out character traits you don't like since you are self avowed 'picky'. You never know where you might run across a kindred soul.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships