Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 02:41 PM

576 posts, read 823,611 times

Advertisements

My ex keeps creating fake accounts on Face book to contact me ?
My ex and met on Face book 10 years ago and we hit it off. We even talked about moving in together and have kids in the future. However, after 6 months he broke it off because he felt like we don’t live within reasonable distance to support a relationship. We live 5 hours away from each other of driving distance. We still kept seeing each other because we couldn’t let go. We wanted to be together but in practice there was a great distance separating us.

Then he ended it again because he lost feelings, according to him. We ceased contact only for him to reappear stating he misses me then we started seeing each gain. He went cold again and ended it again for the same reason, the distance. We would reconnect and hangout over a period of 3 years until things started going downhill.

He started bailing out in the last minutes arrangement to meet up and he became distance. Then he claimed he lost his job and can’t visit me. He withdrew but I kept contacting him and he ended up telling me that he needed space. I reached out again after 2 months only to learn he met someone local. I decided to move on.

Then he reached out again after months and we reconnected. It became a wash and rinse repeat cycle. He would reach out stating he misses me. Once the excitement wears off goes cold, bail on our plans to meet in person. Last time we reconnected I suspected he was seeing someone else close to were he lives because he was behaving sketchy. He was flaky and He stood me up on skype. Then gaslighted me when I gave him flak for it. I finally had enough last time when he dropped me because of the same reason, distance and ignored my attempts to contact him. I was so hurt. We didn’t talk for 4 years because I deactivated my face book profile and changed my number. He had no way to contact me.

I reactivated it 2 years ago and within a month he opened a new face book account and messaged me claiming he has been looking for me all these years and he feels like he is dreaming. he misses me alot. And left his number to message him. I downloaded a texting App and messaged him telling him not to contact me and reminded me how he treated me last time. I didn't even wait for his response. I deleted the app then block him on face book. This helped me to get him out of my mind. Until today, 2 years later, when I checked message request only to see it was from him using a fake account. He basically said how I never left his heart and he knows I blocked his main profile and is hoping I will message him back. Why won't he give up? Every time I responded in the past it won't be long until he is cold and starts acting disinterested then ends it for the same reasons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 02:49 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Why did neither one of you move to the other's location? If you love each other so much, why was this not an option?

Sounds he loves you to the moon and back and a little too far behind the moon. Keep blocking him.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:52 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Just keep blocking him. And don't respond to any messages. No texting, no contact whatsoever. Otherwise you are still playing his silly game.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Why did neither one of you move to the other's location? If you love each other so much, why was this not an option?

Sounds he loves you to the moon and back and a little too far behind the moon. Keep blocking him.
There was time where I considered moving the first year we met but neither of us was in position to move. I was still in school( College)but as things between us progressed and he started coming in and out of my life and blowing hot and cold. Even the last time when we were in contact , I told him that I would move if he was serious but he never responded. And He left in cold. That's when I had enough and decided to cut him off permanently

Old 02-05-2021, 03:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
There was time where I considered moving the first year we met but neither of us was in position to move. I was still in school( College)but as things between us progressed and he started coming in and out of my life and blowing hot and cold. Even the last time when we were in contact , I told him that I would move if he was serious but he never responded. And He left in cold. That's when I had enough and decided to cut him off permanently
He sounds like a tool. Good riddance. A little stalkerish, too. Nex time tell him you have a steady bf that you love very much. Maybe that helps.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:12 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
You don't have to read his messages or reply. Just delete them and do not contact him again.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Why won't he give up? Every time I responded in the past it won't be long until he is cold and starts acting disinterested then ends it for the same reasons
You answered your own question: he won't give up because you respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
You don't have to read his messages or reply. Just delete them and do not contact him again.

THIS is why he KEEPS responding, because you do NOT do what Katnan says. Delete, ignore, stop contacting him.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
You answered your own question: he won't give up because you respond.

THIS is why he KEEPS responding, because you do NOT do what Katnan says. Delete, ignore, stop contacting him.
When he reached out in 2019 I told him that I didn't want to hear from him and blocked him though. We haven't had contact until now

Old 02-05-2021, 07:28 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Tell him in no uncertain terms that you are not interested in him, you will never be interested in him, and he is not to contact you ever again in any way, shape, or form, or have any of his family/friends/associates contact you on his behalf, or you will be reporting him to the proper authorities. Make sure you do this in a way that is documented-- text message, email, mail and keep a copy, etc.; even better if you can prove he received it ("read" notification on something like WhatsApp, read receipt on email, certified letter with proof of delivery, etc.).

I hope that if you keep ignoring him, he will eventually stop, and this will end there... or it's possible that each time you block him, he'll simply make a new social media account to get around it and you'll have a stalker situation on your hands. So if you tell him now that he is to stop (so you can prove you told him it was unwanted), and then if he does not stop, document every time he tries to contact you after that and report it to whomever you need to.

ETA: because he's clearly already a creeper. He must know that you blocked his previous account(s), hence why he made new ones to circumvent that and reach out to you another way. So we already know he has boundary issues... better to be safe than sorry, take action now rather than complacently hope he gives up and then six months from now you're saying "damn, I need to make a case against this guy but I don't have documentation of what he did or that I told him to stop.")

Last edited by K12144; 02-05-2021 at 08:22 PM..

Old 02-05-2021, 09:00 PM

1,350 posts, read 818,426 times
Quote:
When he reached out in 2019 I told him that I didn't want to hear from him and blocked him though. We haven't had contact until now
DON'T reply!

That is why he keeps contacting you. Because you will reply. That is why he keeps making new profiles. Because he knows you will reply. Even if you are replying to say "Don't contact me", you are still giving him the attention that he wants.

Is there a part of you that likes the attention from him, and maybe wants to get back together with him?

If not, then ignore anything from him, delete any new messages from him. Do not reply anything back, at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships