Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
LOL - agreed.

CK In2U here.
Not familiar with this particular CK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 03:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Hey you left out body spray!! I prefer a spritz of very mild body spray, clean body, some mild deodorant, and body odor (pit odor) is ok if not too strong or dirty smelling. So ya, pheromone + other very mild scents is ok.

Quote:
That might actually be an interesting new thread, if it hasn't already been done - although the connection to "relationships" is tenuous at best -

"Do you prefer your partner with or without cologne/perfume/aftershave"?

I guess the pheromone thing would win out.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:42 PM

meee. I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's been talked about some on other threads. I'm in the minority (what else is new... ) who likes nice pheromones + nice perfume.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:44 PM

agreed baby smells are bad on guys.

body sprays are the best. Not as strong as a cologne. Not as fruity as a perfrume. Just perfect for guys....but wouldn't really work for macho butch guys. Regular pit odor should be just fine for them. LOL

Quote:
Hmmm..interesting. Wasn't cologne invented originally to disguise body odor between bathing sessions? If so, I'd imagine that European countries would be a bit more used to using it. Ingrained in the mass psyche, so to speak.

I'm also surprised that the guys in your office don't smell right - you'd think they'd LISTEN to all those ads in GQ!

But to me, baby smell means throw-up and full diapers...

I agree about the unisex thing, but that's for another thread on another day...

Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,578 times
Quote:
It's been talked about some on other threads. I'm in the minority (what else is new... ) who likes nice pheromones + nice perfume.
I not only agree, I disagree. On the one hand, I am squeaky clean, but I also use a spritz of cologne every day. It's a very subtle one, so you can't smell it unless you're really close. On the other hand, I HATE when everyone in the room is wearing cologne and perfume. ESPECIALLY SINCE NOBODY CAN SEEM TO FIGURE OUT THAT TEN SPRAYS IS TOO MUCH. I would rather smell clean, neutral, nothingness than out of control perfume or out of control body odor, or both! Give me YOUR office setting any day sierra.

And everyone teach your kids to apply cologne lightly to a couple of pulse points like the ankles or back of the knees. Don't shoot three full shots on your upper body anywhere, not only will it be overpowering, but since scent rises with heat, it'll evaporate towards the ceiling. Spraying it on your lower body, in a very light manner, causes it to rise slowly around you, creating little whiffs of the scent without being overpowering. And you can match your cologne with the season. Heavy colognes you should save for colder weather, and lighter colognes for the summer. The more you sweat in the heat, the more powerful it will make your cologne smell.

You could also look into scented male bodywashes, there are lots of them now. Cologne companies make them with the scent of their cologne built in, such as Hugo Boss. You use it as shampoo also, and when you're rinsed off you retain a little bit of the scent without smelling like you dumped a bottle of the stuff down your chest

Old 05-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I not only agree, I disagree. On the one hand, I am squeaky clean, but I also use a spritz of cologne every day. It's a very subtle one, so you can't smell it unless you're really close. On the other hand, I HATE when everyone in the room is wearing cologne and perfume. ESPECIALLY SINCE NOBODY CAN SEEM TO FIGURE OUT THAT TEN SPRAYS IS TOO MUCH. I would rather smell clean, neutral, nothingness than out of control perfume or out of control body odor, or both! Give me YOUR office setting any day sierra.

And everyone teach your kids to apply cologne lightly to a couple of pulse points like the ankles or back of the knees. Don't shoot three full shots on your upper body anywhere, not only will it be overpowering, but since scent rises with heat, it'll evaporate towards the ceiling. Spraying it on your lower body, in a very light manner, causes it to rise slowly around you, creating little whiffs of the scent without being overpowering. And you can match your cologne with the season. Heavy colognes you should save for colder weather, and lighter colognes for the summer. The more you sweat in the heat, the more powerful it will make your cologne smell.

You could also look into scented male bodywashes, there are lots of them now. Cologne companies make them with the scent of their cologne built in, such as Hugo Boss. You use it as shampoo also, and when you're rinsed off you retain a little bit of the scent without smelling like you dumped a bottle of the stuff down your chest
Don't recall asking for advice , but thank you anyway.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Don't recall asking for advice , but thank you anyway.
Advice wasn't directed at you, but at men

Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Advice wasn't directed at you, but at men
Oh, OK, because the day I start taking fashion advice from boys would be the day I should shoot myself.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, OK, because the day I start taking fashion advice from boys would be the day I should shoot myself.
Yeah no kidding. Unless it's from 'artsyguy'

Old 05-09-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah no kidding. Unless it's from 'artsyguy'
Yeah, artsyguy may be worth listening to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships