Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:23 AM

3 posts, read 2,479 times

Advertisements

Hello folks. As I am very inexperienced when it comes to online dating, I think I am getting scammed, or something in that sort.
I met a girl on a certain app, we talked a bit. At first she said she was not interested in virtual messaging, so her answers were very vague, but after making her laugh a bit, she got interested in me. We chatted for few hours and proposed to meet,. I gave her my number, but said, that I could not meet her that day. We continued in watsapp and it felt like she insisted on meeting me thet day, saying she will be unavaliable for 2 weeks as she leaves for another country. She gave me the adrress and that’s it. Telling me to go there, even if it’s past 21:00. I am confused, she does not ask for money, the place she chose does not seem fishy, but the thing is I am not bloody Johnny depp or Russel Brand with that sence of humor, so why she’s interested that much? Something’s very fishy, but I don’t know what. She even tried to call me, but I was busy so could not answer. Do girls really initiate dating so fast?
Sorry guys for my english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 06:33 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Just tell her to contact you when she returns to your country.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:37 AM

I already did, but she insists to meet today, says that she wants to know if we match. At first she proposed 17:00, but now wants to meet at 21:00. I have no idea what to tell her

Old 04-25-2021, 08:30 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,988 times
Tell her NO. This may not be a scammer, but something is "off" about this.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:21 AM

6,867 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Everyone is different so maybe she likes to meet people right away. I know I would. Meet, talk for an hour, decide if it's worth proceeding. BUT..... insisting on it and not being willing to wait until she returns is weird. It doesn't seem right. You need to skip this one.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:23 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weensdale View Post
Hello folks. As I am very inexperienced when it comes to online dating, I think I am getting scammed, or something in that sort.
I met a girl on a certain app, we talked a bit. At first she said she was not interested in virtual messaging, so her answers were very vague, but after making her laugh a bit, she got interested in me. We chatted for few hours and proposed to meet,. I gave her my number, but said, that I could not meet her that day. We continued in watsapp and it felt like she insisted on meeting me thet day, saying she will be unavaliable for 2 weeks as she leaves for another country. She gave me the adrress and that’s it. Telling me to go there, even if it’s past 21:00. I am confused, she does not ask for money, the place she chose does not seem fishy, but the thing is I am not bloody Johnny depp or Russel Brand with that sence of humor, so why she’s interested that much? Something’s very fishy, but I don’t know what. She even tried to call me, but I was busy so could not answer. Do girls really initiate dating so fast?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weensdale;
now wants to meet at 21:00.
Red flag. Avoid. Best to block, even.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:40 AM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Would be interesting to find out what would happen if you suggested another venue... and possibly a different time. ("Wants to meet at a specific place late at night" seems a bit fishy to me. What is this place she wants to meet at? If it's not a public place like a bar or restaurant, tell her no way.)

It seems a bit odd to me. Why would she go looking for someone if she knows that she's going out of the country soon and that she's going to be in a rush to meet before she does? Why can't she wait until she gets back (it's only 2 weeks) to know if you "match"? Is this a matter of "she's trying to figure out whether to hook up with a guy in this other country or not"? What country is she going to and why? Have you even talked to her on the phone to verify she's who she says she is?

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-29-2021 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Rude; off-topic.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:06 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Would be interesting to find out what would happen if you suggested another venue... and possibly a different time. ("Wants to meet at a specific place late at night" seems a bit fishy to me. What is this place she wants to meet at? If it's not a public place like a bar or restaurant, tell her no way.)

It seems a bit odd to me. Why would she go looking for someone if she knows that she's going out of the country soon and that she's going to be in a rush to meet before she does? Why can't she wait until she gets back (it's only 2 weeks) to know if you "match"? Is this a matter of "she's trying to figure out whether to hook up with a guy in this other country or not"? What country is she going to and why? Have you even talked to her on the phone to verify she's who she says she is?

[Snip.]
Good points!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-29-2021 at 09:50 AM..

Old 04-25-2021, 11:54 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weensdale View Post
Sorry guys for my english
I actually can understand where she's coming from because when I first met my husband on an internet forum and we hit it off I fell madly in love with him right away, but I was anxious to meet in person to make sure we were compatible that way too. I would just insist on meeting at a public place. You never can be too sure who you're talking with on the internet. Don't go over to her house under any circumstances.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:50 PM

Thanks guys for your replies, but after speaking with her on the phone, I am pretty certain, she’s not up to no good. It’s 11 pm and she still insists to meet me even at this time. Even if she’s vs model, I’d still refuse such date ( well maybe i would not, but still
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships