Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 12:42 PM

20,252 posts, read 14,491,040 times

Advertisements

1. Religious
2. Alt-right or Trumper (some traditional, ideological or fiscal conservatives/libertarians are fine, but not those on the recent bandwagon.)
3. Stoner, alcoholic, or other sort of drug addict
4. Vegan/vegetarian
5. Declares out loud a "hatred" of any kind of animal, or particularly a strong dislike of cats in particular. I've only got the one, but he was here first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 12:47 PM

11,758 posts, read 11,964,241 times
To me, petty is something like not liking his shoes, or something superficial that doesn't have any bearing on the quality and character of a person.

Most of the examples I've read so far aren't petty at all. How was that for helpful.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:15 PM

20,252 posts, read 14,491,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
To me, petty is something like not liking his shoes, or something superficial that doesn't have any bearing on the quality and character of a person.

Most of the examples I've read so far aren't petty at all. How was that for helpful.
Ah...but you are a woman, yes? Have you not heard, we are all very petty and picky.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:22 PM

11,758 posts, read 11,964,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Ah...but you are a woman, yes? Have you not heard, we are all very petty and picky.
In hindsight I should have been a lot pickier...

Old 05-12-2021, 01:41 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,956,115 times
Some might think this is petty...

1. For a first date (first impressions y'all) dress nice, smell good, be clean, brush your teeth.

I'm not talking about someone you met at the laundromat, or at the car repair place, or Walmart...if you KNOW you're going on a first date with someone, dress like you think she's worth impressing.

2. Clean the inside of your car out, at the minimum.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:08 PM

4,638 posts, read 1,763,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Some might think this is petty...

1. For a first date (first impressions y'all) dress nice, smell good, be clean, brush your teeth.

I'm not talking about someone you met at the laundromat, or at the car repair place, or Walmart...if you KNOW you're going on a first date with someone, dress like you think she's worth impressing.

2. Clean the inside of your car out, at the minimum.
I don't want to be "impressed". If someone is trying to "impress" me, I've found that the "impression" is very often short lived or even FAKE.

It's one thing to show up to dinner at a nice restaurant because you'd ALWAYS dress that way, as opposed to showing up at a nice restaurant in order to 'impress' you...

...and going out to dinner the REST OF THE TIME, wearing baggy jeans and a tee-shirt.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:12 PM

4,037 posts, read 2,692,698 times
Someone who has to have the newest, most expensive, most updated, everything. Newest phone, newest laptop, newest car, newest tech stuff, etc. I just don't care about all of that.

Of course, I am not talking about those who need to upgrade for work or anything.

Also, someone who just looks sloppy in general. The clothes don't have to be all fancy, but dirty, unkempt, unclean... I am not a fan. Again, I am not talking about someone who works and gets dirty.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:19 PM

8,919 posts, read 7,678,666 times
1. Refusal to exercise/workout
2. Bringing up the Android/iPhone debate
3. Trash eating habits
4. Dislike of Kittehs

Old 05-12-2021, 02:35 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,956,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
I don't want to be "impressed". If someone is trying to "impress" me, I've found that the "impression" is very often short lived or even FAKE.

It's one thing to show up to dinner at a nice restaurant because you'd ALWAYS dress that way, as opposed to showing up at a nice restaurant in order to 'impress' you...

...and going out to dinner the REST OF THE TIME, wearing baggy jeans and a tee-shirt.

I will have to agree to disagree here.

First dates are all about first impressions. If a guy doesn't think I'm worth impressing...doesn't think I'm worth the trouble...there won't be a second date.

IF a relationship evolves from the first date, I'm not going to expect that guy to look "all spiffed up" all the time. Circumstances tend to dictate the state of dress. If we're going to be putting furniture together, I don't expect "dressed up". If I'm at the laundromat across the street from you, I might call and say, "hey, I'm across the street, want to hang out while I take care of laundry?" I don't expect dressed up.

I wouldn't expect anything out of some stranger, that I wouldn't expect out of myself, and I would dress nice for a first date.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:51 PM

11,373 posts, read 24,354,101 times
1. Strong political and religious differences: These aren’t petty because a person’s perspective on these subjects make it difficult to get along happily.

2. Gun ownership: It’s one thing to own a hunting rifle, a shotgun, or even a handgun; but people who own multiples and/or semi-automatic rifles seem a trifle paranoid and potentially dangerous.

3. Hygiene: I’m not a clean freak but there’s a difference between temporary, work-related dirt and long term filth. That includes hoarding and having broken down everything.

4. Poor taste or no liking of diverse art/music/food/cultural activities: Fishing, sports, etc. are fine as long as you can hang out and genuinely understand and enjoy the finer things in life once in awhile.

5. Sexism: Don’t expect me to cook, clean, or straighten up anything that you aren’t willing to help me with just because I’m female. I will help do repairs, yard work, and maintenance with you.

6. You have to be educated and have a good job. I am and do.

7. No violence, ever.

8. You gotta like my dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships