Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I have been married 42 years tomorrow. AND we got married on Friday the 13th would you believe? Love to hear about your unique day and how many years you've been married.

Dunroven55
Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I have been married 42 years tomorrow. AND we got married on Friday the 13th would you believe? Love to hear about your unique day and how many years you've been married.

Dunroven55
Wow, so impressive nowadays!

http://www.bankersonline.com/postcar...nniversary.jpg

Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,966,551 times
7 years this June...the best 7 years of my life by far...

Old 05-14-2008, 05:50 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
I have been happily married for almost 6 years. We were married on Aug. 24 however we (DH) really wanted to get married on Aug 17th because it is his birthday and he thought that is would be easier to remember our anniversary. I don't know how he could forget we do have like 5 different items around our house that have our wedding date on them.
He may not get the date right but I'll bet he can get close. Hope you have many many more!!

Dunroven

Old 05-14-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiChick View Post
Going on 10 years August 7! Have 2 amazing girls (twins), 2 dogs, 3 stray (adopted) cats, and 2 guinea pigs! We had everything going against us except our love for each other. Got pregnant the last year of community college and graduated with 2 armfulls! His parents (and family) were mad at me, my Mom was beside herself. Everybody was saying mean things such as we screwed up and we will have no life and not be able to provide a life for them. To top things off, didn't know they were twins until about 6 months. That's when the doubt ran high in his family. Huby worked his tail off while I stayed home with them. We both continued in college and both of us now have good paying jobs with schedules that allows my hubby to be with them before school and me to be home for them after school. And we provide more oportunities to our girls that he or I ever remember getting from our parents. It has even gotten to a point where MIL questioned and prodded "when are you going to have another?" 2 happy healthy 10 year old girls and we are finally getting on our feet ... we are done! I think we did fine overcoming the odds, but wouldn't recommend it if someone is looking for a joyride!

Sorry for long version of the story ... just wanted to expand my situation because our soon to be 10 years started out very rough and the odds that we have overcome have amazed us all and brought us all closer together, especially my hubby and me. One day we hope to be like some of you celebrating 20 years and 40 years ... it's wonderful to hear your stories! And your joy!
The hard years just makes your love better!! You have a stronger marriage as a result of the hard times so one day I'm sure you will make the 42nd
year. Just keep truckin and keep on doing the things that have made in successful so far!!

Dunroven

Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! IT WAS A GREAT ANNIVERSARY!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Happily married for 11 years on July 19th. We dated for 7 before we married, so we have known each other for 18 years. It's been heavenly and I wouldn't trade hubby for anything in the world.
That is soooo awesome!! Isn't wonderful to love your better half soooo much!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I've been married for 26 years as of this past February 5th. Yes, times can be and were rocky, but we pushed thru and our relationship grew stronger. We have two beautiful boys, C is 20 and A is 14. My secret to the many years of our marriage is to know that there really is no winner in an argument and to pick and choose the ones that I feel are more important to pursue. Taking time to look at his point of view also is important, to the both of us.

We have something special, and I won't lie and say that there have been times when the D word was seriously considered a time or two, not because of a lack of love, but other reasons....but hitting my knees and praying and continuing to helped me more than I can say...

Most of our classmates have been married and divorced multiple times, so I feel we have beaten the odds from our area and know that any day something could change, so I make the most of each day. We work together which is something that should not have worked but has brought us closer together.

Congratulations to all of you for your months and/or years of marriage. It is one of the hardest things we will ever do in our lives. Yet the rewards are so great.
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
It will be 5 years on May 31st.

And our first date was on Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th was good for you too!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Dunroven

Old 05-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Ill be married 37 this summer. Heres an old thread wth more peeps if youre interested.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...n-happily.html
Thanks for the site, I have enjoyed reading it as well.

By the way, you're not too far behind me. Isn't it hard to believe that in just a few it will be 50 years. I'm not that old how bout you? Really glad though that marriage is that old!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships