Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 01:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,926,053 times

Advertisements

I don't even eat fastfood any more. And forget about pizza that stuff is pure FAT and grease. Pizza is bad for you in some many ways! I have a strict diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
KFC?
More like Subway.
And thats another thing with me. Usually with someone I date, if we're at the grocery store and that person would want to buy lasagna, or pizza I'd be like, "No Way!"
When eating Im usually like, "you should probably hold on the fries. The burger and fries together will have like 600 cals."
But thats usually only when dating someone that doesnt work out regularly.

......Ive got issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 02:07 PM

521 posts, read 1,628,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well then, I'll tell ya, wesside. If you already knew the answer, why did you post the question? Just curious.

You don't think it's shallow to feel the way you do. So why did you ask us?
I guess I have doubts myself. I just wanted to know everyones opinion in general, and why they feel that way. It seems to me that those that think its shallow, look beyond the personal fitness aspect of it, and dont consider it that important. Like fitness should not be important in dating, and shouldnt be important in general. Maybe I was putting too much value on it.
I really iwouldnt want to be considered as shallow but it would be hard to change it anyways even if I was.
But questions are questions and thats why we're here for right?!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:11 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,209,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ
You who are afraid to show your face on here show us all that you don't really love yourself.
Actually lady:
1. Most people don't show their face on the internet for security purposes. Most other people don't have a problem with this, except YOU for some reason...
2. I DID post a pic of my face, in all its' NORMAL glory. It's in the 200 page photo thread, and it's been there for a while.
Quote:
You have a bit of growing up to do... And for the record...I was non-physically judgmental when I weighed 95 pounds. Perhaps I'm giving you too much credit--perhaps some people truly don't have the capacity to think and feel beyond the physical. (shrug) It takes all kinds, I guess...
*yawn* YOU have a bit of growing up to do. Insecure people rant and rave about inner beauty, this is not a new thing. If you were really mature your response would have been a quick one-liner, or something fat freddy might say. You would not have felt a need to defend your inner beauty (which was not called into question before that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You don't sound like one of the nicest guys ever - you've said some very cruel things to Jerz, and it doesn't make you come across well at all.
Nope. And that's because, (since I must reiterate), the internet is not my normal personality. It's just one small facet, most people have different sides. It's not intended to be 'cruel' so much as blunt.
Quote:
BUT...you know what? Once I was fat, none of the things I feared actually came true. Men didn't stop coming on to me (wedding ring or no wedding ring--yikes). My friends didn't abandon me. My opinions didn't count less. People still told me I was beautiful and young-looking.
That's because you have a decent looking face, and because men are perpetually horny. Men will come on to anything. It's not a good indicator of your looks. Maybe you are young-looking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
You REALLY should only speak for yourself, you don't know what OUR bodies look like, and you just might have to remove that foot out of your mouth.
Yep, I DONT know. And I'm never going to have to 'remove that foot' from my mouth, because you are never going to post a pic of yourself in a bikini. Oh that's right, it would be 'shallow' of you. Therefore, no foot will be removed from any mouth. Put up, or shut up I say. If you have the body of a supermodel, you should have at least one pic floating around to prove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No no, I was saying that your post was the post of the day. I absolutely love when someone can love and accept themselves for who they are. Women especially.
Because men loving and accepting themselves for who they are is, well just not as special or sacred! Good to hear it.
Quote:
Exactly so. Not to even mention the fact that we didn't just post pictures of "our best physical feature". We didn't pose, crop, cut, grayscale and show our underwear so that people would get an image of us that was incomplete, to say the least. Those of us who posted less-than-perfect, non-posed, non-Photoshopped pictures are more self-confident...we do have that, and that's huge. That's something that doesn't go away based on one person's say-so.
*yawn* again. That picture (as I have explained) was taken IN GRAYSCALE on a small digital camera, four years ago. I got home from mountain biking. Female friends had complained because I talked about exercising all the time on another forum (dead now), but I didn't have any pics to prove I was actually in shape. So I got home, set the camera up on a table, took off my shirt, and flexed just my abs. In my right hand I'm holding the remote control to the camera. The picture wasn't 'cropped and gray scaled' it was aimed at my torso, and the camera took the pic in gray scale. It was a rather low-quality picture but I put it up as my avatar for a while. It's a less-than-perfect picture, but because it actually is the best physical feature on my body, it offends you. When you open a magazine and see a calvin klein ad, are you offended by the underwear models because they *dare* expose their skin? People like eye candy, and people like looking at black and white images of the human body. The human body can be beautiful even if it's not muscular, just look at the mega-popularity of 'tasteful nude' artwork in black and white. Again this particular picture was not edited, I took it, posted it on the internet, and I've had it ever since.
Quote:
There are pictures on here of people throwing footballs, people hiking, people getting their hair blown around in freezing-cold places and wearing shapeless windbreakers. They're very unprofessional--because generally, they were taken by people who love us. My picture shows me bending down because it was taken by a not-quite-four-foot tall little guy. My hair hadn't been brushed all day and my makeup was minimal and slap-dash. It was a real picture--of me really living. Just like 99% of the pictures on here.
Oh, the peaceful nobility of it all! If only I could understand that taking a picture of myself in a windbreaker eating beef jerky on a mountain is so much more grand than a picture of me standing in my living room with my shirt off!
Quote:
We all could have Photoshopped our pictures. What's so hard?
Lol, I didn't. And no, it's not hard, but I don't own the photoshop program, and never have. Sorry, all I got is msPaint. So no, not ALL of us can photoshop our programs.

Wesside: Nicely done, man. I'm surprised you're able to maintain that bod with all the college partying and stuff. And yes, everyone is right to avoid pizza and nachos.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,125,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I don't even eat fastfood any more. And forget about pizza that stuff is pure FAT and grease. Pizza is bad for you in some many ways! I have a strict diet.
OK, now that I'm done with my wonderful eggs swimming in butter, bacon, English muffin, and let's not forget the beer, I can address your problems.

Honestly, I don't get what planet I'm on when I listen to ya... Really mean no offense, but you guys (and others; you're certainly not an exception) sound sooo superficial, it's unbelievable! Who knows... if I grew up here I could've been like you... I just can't relate to you on any level at all! We all have issues. Some admit them, some don't; however, perceiving people (much less men) looking all day in the mirror for imperfections and being so petty and judgmental about themselves and others is totally beyond me...

Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,371,528 times
Quote:
Huckleberry, this surprises me. We've posted to one another in the past and I really thought you liked me. Yikes!

It's true. I'm fat. We all know that I've never pretended to be anything but an at-best average-looking middle aged woman.
i do like you. why do we need to talk about your body (and your business) on a public forum i liked things the way they were b4

Old 05-17-2008, 02:24 PM

I just said that I have a strict diet and don't want to be fat. You call that having issues?
puhlease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, now that I'm done with my wonderful eggs swimming in butter, bacon, English muffin, and let's not forget the beer, I can address your problems.

Honestly, I don't get what planet I'm on when I listen to ya... Really mean no offense, but you guys (and others; you're certainly not an exception) sound sooo superficial, it's unbelievable! Who knows... if I grew up here I could've been like you... I just can't relate to you on any level at all! We all have issues. Some admit them, some don't; however, perceiving people (much less men) looking all day in the mirror for imperfections and being so petty and judgmental about themselves and others is totally beyond me...

Old 05-17-2008, 02:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,125,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I just said that I have a strict diet and don't want to be fat. You call that having issues?
puhlease.
My opinion is not based on this one post alone, artsy. At least you're gay - it's kinda expected from you. I don't know what woman can possibly find such qualities attractive in a straight guy, though. Perhaps there are such women, too. Thank goodness I don't encounter them and they don't appear to be on this forum, either.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:06 PM

well if you think it's a character flaw I have then being gay isn't really going to help me any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
My opinion is not based on this one post alone, artsy. At least you're gay - it's kinda expected from you. I don't know what woman can possibly find such qualities attractive in a straight guy, though. Perhaps there are such women, too. Thank goodness I don't encounter them and they don't appear to be on this forum, either.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,782,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Because men loving and accepting themselves for who they are is, well just not as special or sacred! Good to hear it.
Clueless you are my Dear, simply clueless.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,209,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Clueless you are my Dear, simply clueless.
No! I Have clues! Just not very fuzzy ones.

Moonsavvy this is you singing a music video:
YouTube - Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever (HQ AV)

Last edited by chiaroscuro; 05-17-2008 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships