Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 09:43 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
As long as he understands he is a "temporary" boyfriend and you will drop him in a hot second the moment you find someone sane to replace him with. Actually stringing him along may make problem for you down the road if he gets too attached to you. He is already into crazy world, how will he react when you break up after he gets too attached?
She could tell him that she's one of the lizard people shapeshifting as a human woman, and that her higher-ups will be pleased with the assistance he has provided in maintaining her cover. She can then assure him that he will be spared when the final battle happens.

Now she must bid him farewell, return to Area 51, and file her report.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:51 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyxo View Post
Talking to a 36yo old man who works as a karate instructor but has a degree.
Quote:
The people on his facebook seem to find him annoying - often telling him to 'find a real job' and stop being a keyboard warrior.
At least he has a job. :-)

Quote:
The other night he begged me not to get the second dose of the pfizer vaccine (I am autoimmune and at risk of Covid) because it was harmful. I understand people who are vaccine hesitant...but he also said Covid does not exist - people are presenting with symptoms that they are calling 'Covid.' He also has other bizarre views - aliens, new world order, the government plotting against us (we live in Australia), capitalism (we should be free to do what we want instead of working), encouraging anarchist ways of living, etc. On facebook, he posts a lot of rants about these things and when he provides a source, it is a study done by ONE person or dodgy looking news site, etc.
That said, 'birds of a feather flock together'. In other words, what could you possibly find interesting/attractive about this guy - if you didn't have/understand (at least some of) the same 'beliefs'/ideas/interests?

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 09-07-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 09:59 PM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
I’m more curious about your sanity than his. Why would you waste any energy listening to his nonsense? I’m wondering if it’s the potential drama you’re drawn to, not the guy. Having to defend him to your family and friends and the arguments that inevitably will ensue after they get to know him.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:14 PM

39 posts, read 25,053 times
Hi all an update - I ended up breaking things off very gently, saying we have different values/goals.

He basically accused me of being 'triggered' by his words (around Covid, vaccines etc) because 'deep down' I knew 'the truth' and was triggered because the government 'lied to me.'

Old 09-07-2021, 10:18 PM

What on earth haha

Old 09-07-2021, 10:37 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,477 times
Quote:
Hi all an update - I ended up breaking things off very gently, saying we have different values/goals.

He basically accused me of being 'triggered' by his words (around Covid, vaccines etc) because 'deep down' I knew 'the truth' and was triggered because the government 'lied to me.'

If I were not an atheist, I might say a little prayer along the lines of "Oh, Lord, please send no fuirther mansplaning tools of the patriarchy to my fellow in the sisterhood, for that last one was an epic gasbag and none among your daughters deserves to have that dunderheaded pomposity inflicted upon her, regardless of who ate the stupid apple. Amen."

Old 09-07-2021, 10:42 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
I’m more curious about your sanity than his. Why would you waste any energy listening to his nonsense?
Yep, that's the million-dollar question. :-)

Old 09-07-2021, 11:16 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:

Do you think he's dangerous? Meaning...do you think he may stalk you? I'm asking because it doesn't sound like he took the very gentle breakup well. And it's obvious he's nuts.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:41 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,179,883 times
I think you made a wise decision Illyxo.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Do you think he's dangerous? Meaning...do you think he may stalk you? I'm asking because it doesn't sound like he took the very gentle breakup well. And it's obvious he's nuts.
I dont think so? I mean we only went out on like two dates max...should I be? I havent blocked his number but maybe I should
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships