Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,952,911 times

Advertisements

There is this girl at work I have been kind of crushing on for awhile, and a few weeks ago I realized I could never, EVER go out with her. Why?...

We were talking about crying with some other people at work while we were just standing around as it was kind of slow, and someone said that men never cried, and a girl, not the one I was crushing on, asked the other man in the group when was the last time he cried, and he said when is dog died a year ago. She than asked me, and I said, honestly, that it was after a read a news story about a man who died in Iraq.

His convoy was attacked and he was at the gun, and an RPG exploded on him and when they pulled away he was hurt pretty bad. They had him on the street and he was going in and out of consciousness and he looked up at the sky, smiled, and shouted one word. He than lost consciousness again and died a few hours later at the base.

His last word?..."VALHALLA!!"

*sniff* that is how a warrior dies. May his brave soul find peace.

And what did the girl I thought was cool say?

"what's a valhalla?"

How the hell do you get to be 22 years old and not know what Valhalla is? She had no clue! Any attraction I had to her has been thrown out the window into heavy traffic!

I told people that from now on out, I am going to try to sneak the word "valhalla" in to the conversation and see if a girl knows what it is, because there is no way in hell I would ever have anything serious with a girl who doesn't know what Valhalla is.

And of course, people laugh when I tell them that.

Anyone else have an unorthodox deal-breaker?

Come on! Sing it with me!....VALHALLA! DELIVERANCE, HAVE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN ME?
YouTube - Blind Guardian - Valhalla

\m/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,448,634 times
that is a pretty wierd deal breaker...you might miss out on a good thing--lol

Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,571,828 times
Yeah, mine is just as weird I guess, I'd dump any guy who didn't know what vitavetavegamin was

Last edited by MonaLisaVito; 05-15-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,785,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I would ever have anything serious with a girl who doesn't know what Valhalla is.
Here is the girl of your dreams.
She knows all about VALHALLA.
And a lot more.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a weirder deal-breaker than me?-515kph4czvl._sl500_aa240_.jpg   Anyone have a weirder deal-breaker than me?-a13a224128a0976cbc135010._aa240_.l.jpg  

Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,160,684 times
Quote:
You can't seriously think that most people have actually heard of this person/song? I clicked on the clip and all I saw was some poor soul screaming in apparent agony with an ensuing ear-splitting cacophony.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:04 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,045,046 times
Quote:
I told people that from now on out, I am going to try to sneak the word "valhalla" in to the conversation and see if a girl knows what it is, because there is no way in hell I would ever have anything serious with a girl who doesn't know what Valhalla is.

And of course, people laugh when I tell them that.

Anyone else have an unorthodox deal-breaker?

\m/
I think that you are being very unreasonable. I know what Valhalla is because when I was a child, I adored Norse mythology, along with Ancient Greek/Roman and Egyptian mythologies. I also read some of the Thor comic books. Then there is Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen. But if she's not into Wagner or classical opera or into German heritage, then why should she know that?

Otherwise I don't know this Blind Guardian song you posted a link to... so do I lose points for that?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,899,070 times
I don't know, last year i briefly dated a guy that was 25 (3 years younger than me), and he didn't know who Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young were. This appalled me and i realized that maybe i was too much of an old soul for him.

Anywho, i ignored this until we were riding in his car......he was listening to his hip-hop music w/the extra speakers and base thumping. It was so loud that i couldn't think. It's not that i don't like some hip-hop every once and a while, but if you have some 12's (am is saying this right?) and some base in the trunk, count me out!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,970,724 times
Quote:
Anyone have a weirder deal-breaker than me?
Yes. Anybody by the name of "victorianpunk."

Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
You can't seriously think that most people have actually heard of this person/song? I clicked on the clip and all I saw was some poor soul screaming in apparent agony with an ensuing ear-splitting cacophony.

Your user name is "professor" and you DONT KNOW THAT VALHALLA IS VIKING/NORSE MYTHOLOGY FOR THE AFTERLIFE? "where the brave may life for ever?" Icelandic sagas? Beowulf?

Some "professor" you are

Old 05-15-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Anywho, i ignored this until we were riding in his car......he was listening to his hip-hop music w/the extra speakers and base thumping.
Yahh, that too...anyone who can actually listen to the likes of Jay-Z and Ludacris is someone I would not want anything to do with.

Rap sucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships