Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You ever heard anybody drunk saying "Boy, I'm drunk!"...?!
Yes, me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I am a female and would never and have never in my lifetime been that stupid to leave a bar when I am drunk, with a man I do not know.
Congratulations. I'm happy for you that you're so clever.

Considering that most date rapes and attacks on girls are perpertrated by men that they know or are known to them, then I'd consider you lucky more than clever but anyway, it really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

VP about the girls and the deer and baby fawn, are you sure that what they were looking with was absolute disgust? Or perhaps was it confusion or social ineptitude on their part? I mean you were there so you'd know better than me but I was just wondering because often time we misread people's expressions.

Last edited by moonshadow; 05-16-2008 at 10:33 PM..

Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Yes, me.
If you said that, you were not drunk enough!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:24 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You ever heard anybody drunk saying "Boy, I'm drunk!"...?!

I for one would never, EVER do anything with a woman who was drunk. Sorry, but that might get me thrown in jail and it's just a scum bag thing to do anyway. I'd personally rather wait another decade to loose my virginity than half-rape some drunken college girl

Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I for one would never, EVER do anything with a woman who was drunk. Sorry, but that might get me thrown in jail and it's just a scum bag thing to do anyway. I'd personally rather wait another decade to loose my virginity than half-rape some drunken college girl
What did I say about THAT...?!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Default You aren't pathetic at all!

Quote:
This is kind of a vent, which I apologize for in advance. Yes, I know there are people allot worse off than me and I thank the almighty everyday for what I do have. I am usually not as "self absorbed" as I might come off as sounding.

Anyway, am I not the most pathetic person on Earth? I am almost 27 years old and have...

NEVER had sex
NEVER kissed a girl (kiss as in on the mouth, on the cheek doesn't count)
NEVER been on a date
NEVER had a girlfriend
NEVER held hands with a girl
NEVER have I known that a female actually has found me attractive.

There you have it. I recently found out to my astonishment and horror that my fourteen year old nephew, who's diapers I once changed, has more experience with the ladies than I do. *sigh* that realization made me want to go for a razor, and not to shave my face with...

and no, I am not gay...my family thinks I am, but really, I like girls...from a safe distance. The whole idea of being with a woman in any sense of the word is for me like slaying a dragon: something I love reading about, watching on television and video, and listening to songs about, but to actually...ME, ACTUALLY talk to a girl with the intend of being ROMANTIC with her? And sex!...yes, I am a man, and yes, I like the IDEA of sex, but the REALITY of ME, having sex with a woman terrifies me just as much as the idea of ME trying to kill a fifty foot long ten foot tall firebreathing dragon.

*sigh* I mean, don't people deal with these issues when they are teenagers? I just feel like such a child in a grown body, and like there is nothing I can do about it.

And yes, since you were thinking it, I will come out and say it: I am indeed a total nerd. I watch Star Trek, read fantasy novels, listen to "Lord of the Rings" metal, play Dungeons and Dragons and have a collection of Star Wars action figures. Sorry...that's just who I am. I am a well rounded guy and like allot of different things too, like the outdoors, history and literature, but I am, in the end, a total stinking geek...

Anyway, has anyone ever known someone as pathetic as I am, or am I just a fluke? Also...is it too late? I am NEVER going to meet anyone with as little experience as I do (no pedophile jokes please...) and I mean, what will a girl think about me?

*sigh* sometimes, I think my life would be better if I could just be a emotionless robot, like Data before he got that emotion chip off his "brother" lore.

(no switching Emo mode off)
I haven't read the posts that followed your OP, but no, you are not pathetic at all. What is important is- are you happy? You sound to be so, except when you think about what you "should" be doing.

When it is your time, you will know it. Just try to ignore what society would have us think are "the norms". News flash- there are no norms. Okay, there are norms, only they are Normans. But if your name isn't Norman, it shouldn't be a consideration to you!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:46 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,234 times
Quote:
...Am I not the most pathetic person on Earth?...The whole idea of being with a woman in any sense of the word is for me like slaying a dragon: something I love reading about, watching on television and video, and listening to songs about, but to actually...ME, ACTUALLY talk to a girl with the intend of being ROMANTIC with her? And sex!...yes, I am a man, and yes, I like the IDEA of sex, but the REALITY of ME, having sex with a woman terrifies me just as much as the idea of ME trying to kill a fifty foot long ten foot tall firebreathing dragon...
I don't know if "pathetic" is correct; "troubled" may be more accurate. Your references here to "slaying dragons" and your obvious aversion to emotional and/or physical intimacy suggest to me that you may have significant emotional maturity problems and might benefit from counseling.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
That deer and fawn story makes me think that you're a really really sweet guy (I'm a sucker for guys who have a thing for nature and I ended up marrying one -- who's also a self-admitted nerd .) After I got divorced, I decided that I'd go for the opposite kind of guy from my ex. So I specifically looked for a scientific, nerdy, nature-loving guy and I found him. He's pretty shy and didn't quite know how to deal with me in the beginning, but I had a great time teaching him . He's the most intelligent, intellectual, inquisitive, caring, sweet, shy yet sexy person I think I've ever met, but had I not been the aggressor, I'm not sure we would have worked out. So, whoever in an earlier post said that 2 shy people may not be the best match, I agree with that. I met him via the internet before it was popular to do that (we used to keep that fact hidden, but we don't anymore.) He had put an ad on some site that I happened to see. He was totally honest in his ad about his personality and that's the kind of guy I was looking for. We've been married now for 7 years and have two kids. He's still a self-admitted nerd (he reads chemometric and advanced biochemistry textbooks for fun) and we get along great! Our older child knew what the Coriolis effect was when she was only 2 (he taught her about the Coriolis effect at the end of a bath when the water was swirling down the drain.) So nerdiness has its definite plusses -- you can teach your little kids things and really impress non-nerds!

Yes, it's hard to put yourself out there and risk rejection. I truly understand that and have faced rejection in the past. I think you're selling yourself short and I'm sure you've got qualities that somebody's going to be looking for (if I wasn't married and probably WAY older than you, the deer/fawn story would have ME interested!) And there are some women, like me, who like to do the teaching. I AM a teacher by profession, so that only makes sense.

VP I hope you find the love of your life soon

Old 05-16-2008, 11:16 PM

59 posts, read 318,466 times
you're not pathetic! i bet theres a girl out there dying to meet a guy like u. oh btw its true big girls do give the BEST BJS hahaha

Old 05-17-2008, 12:37 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Quote:

Is it too much to ask for a woman who finds baby deer cute?
Any woman who doesn't like baby deer should be shot and tied across the hood of your car.
Then when you get her home, string her body up in a tree and rip her skin off.
If she's pretty, save her head to decorate the den wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships