Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times

Advertisements

I met a girl through meetings I attend. For months I interacted with her and we got closer. I was warned not to date women in this arena, because you'd just be taking on two sets of problems, instead of your one set. I pretty much planned on sticking to this, except if, like maybe, SHE asked me(lol). But she was seemingly wayyyy ahead of me and that wasn't going to happen. And of course suddenly her interest in me took a quantum leap.

The first week was fabulous! She blew me up. Then suddenly she backed off a lot. She broke a bunch of dates, would say she'd call and not, act annoyed when I did. But about every third or fourth day she'd make plans to see me and spend the night. Very little conversation. I felt I had become her booty call. I hang out with a bunch of girls and they thought it was some weird kinda role reversal."guys do this, not girls" We saw each other daily, now we see each other 1-2 times a week. I felt far closer to her before we started dating! I try to break up with her, but she makes huge ammends and says she's just busy, but will try harder please give her another chance. She has no real job, or anything going on, and if you're in the infancy of a relationship shouldn't you want to spend a lot of available time together? I've answered a lot of my own questions here.. just thought I'd read the "you spineless dumbass responces" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 09:16 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,264,665 times
Well, you learned your lesson I hope. It's not your fault. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are vunerable right now, forcing you to make the wrong choice. Your human, and you made a poor choice; you most likely felt a connection since you share the common bond of these meetings. Perhaps you feel alone, and she was there with you. However, her interest in you has faded and Id move on. You need to focus on your issues right now and clearly she has her own. I wouldn't find the need to break up with her- she's already done, keep in touch as a friend but right her off as your "booty call" or anything else. Keep your head up, don't be so hard on yourself. The important thing is that you move on and let her go, it's no time for drama..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 AM

Yeah, a lot of my friends say "I want your problem, where a beautiful girl doesn't want anything more than sex!" it's just that she won't admit that's it, but her actions don't match her words.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM

786 posts, read 1,177,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
She blew me up.
There's the problem right there.... put out too early. Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free, etc.

Just a thought... have you considered putting this on Springer?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
What's wrong with being someone's booty call? Enjoy the ride my friend.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 AM

"What's wrong with being someone's booty call? Enjoy the ride my friend."

If she'd admit it, nothing

Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
I met a girl through meetings I attend. For months I interacted with her and we got closer. I was warned not to date women in this arena, because you'd just be taking on two sets of problems, instead of your one set. I pretty much planned on sticking to this, except if, like maybe, SHE asked me(lol). But she was seemingly wayyyy ahead of me and that wasn't going to happen. And of course suddenly her interest in me took a quantum leap.

The first week was fabulous! She blew me up. Then suddenly she backed off a lot. She broke a bunch of dates, would say she'd call and not, act annoyed when I did. But about every third or fourth day she'd make plans to see me and spend the night. Very little conversation. I felt I had become her booty call. I hang out with a bunch of girls and they thought it was some weird kinda role reversal."guys do this, not girls" We saw each other daily, now we see each other 1-2 times a week. I felt far closer to her before we started dating! I try to break up with her, but she makes huge ammends and says she's just busy, but will try harder please give her another chance. She has no real job, or anything going on, and if you're in the infancy of a relationship shouldn't you want to spend a lot of available time together? I've answered a lot of my own questions here.. just thought I'd read the "you spineless dumbass responces" lol
I just think you need some self-respect. Trust me. No woman on the planet, even Kirsten Dunst, is worth that. Start turning her down. Don't return her calls. Chances are, you'll feel better about yourself, and she'll probably not take you for granted.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:14 AM

53 posts, read 157,412 times
to me, sex is important in a relationship. but that shouldn't be what the relationship is about. you need happiness and things in common and be able to be comfortable w/ each other and talk and understand each other regularly.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM

"I just think you need some self-respect. Trust me. No woman on the planet, even Kirsten Dunst, is worth that. Start turning her down. Don't return her calls. Chances are, you'll feel better about yourself, and she'll probably not take you for granted."

I guess what's really bothering me is there's no need for her to put up such an act. She's very attractive and very pleasing when we're together. It's just that she says she want's a singular boyfriend-girlfriend relationship w me. But hardly spends anytime talking or hanging out with me other than the night of the BC. When confronted she denies, denies, denies. I get peeod, break up. She begs me to get back with her and it starts over again. It would be fine as a simple hook up relationship, I just can't get her to admit it..it's like she's in denial about her own wants. I guess I just have to accept that that's the way she is and not count on getting the reality of the situation out of her. Ohhh and yeah I fell in love with the her from the first week or so and it's tough to realizer she's pretending and not very well, either.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Do you mind telling us what those meetings are about? AA? NA? And everyone here is right, just stop dating her and tell her that you only want to see her at the meetings and nothing more. And those groups are right, first if you are in recovery mode, you aren't suppose to start any relationships for the first year you are getting your life together. Secondly, it's really unwise to get into a relationship with another group member.

Just focus on getting your life together. Once that's all set, find yourself someone nice to date, someone without any issues to bring you down. And get to know her longer before hopping into the sack with her. Play the field and meet a bunch of women before picking out one to have a relationship with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships