Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 11:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,086,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
That's my experience too. I've tried, but she just has zero interest.
It's probably hormonal. There are some things that work for that issue.

If it's hormonal, no amount of trying on your part is going to get her in the mood most likely - sorry! LOL

Old 10-25-2021, 11:46 AM

1,707 posts, read 788,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
You're talking about chronic ED; whereas they were referring to sporadic ED. Which, I would agree, is mostly psychological in nature if it only happens here and there.
How do you know that this Sporadic ED isn’t the beginning of hormonal deficiencies and plaque buildup in an early middle aged man? Kind of like an older engine which sometimes starts and sometimes doesn’t. Just because it’s sporadic, doesn’t mean there’s no functional issue.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:48 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,415,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Most ED is psychological in nature. Most don’t know that…If you’re even of average health and have sufficient hormones, there should be no reason physically to have a erectile dysfunction. What happens is some random night your partner will fail to perform. And then anxiety sets in and it gets in their head. And then the next time and the next time and the next time they have sex they start thinking about not being able to perform and when you start thinking about not being able to perform, guess what’s going to happen? Lol

Also women, as a dude ages, he doesn’t just stand there in an open room with an erect penis like he did when he was 16. Lol it usually takes a little attention to get it going. When you’re young, you get erections even when you don’t want them. I remember being in eighth grade and the teacher asking me to stand up to address the class and I refused. And yes that was why. As you age that no longer happens to you. Try being patient with him until he gets over the performance anxiety.
OMG - i don't think too many on this thread are teenagers! And most have been in longer term relationships or married for maybe decades. We understand (all too well!) that more "attention" is needed as guys age. Most of us likely gave plenty of attention even when it wasn't absolutely necessary so...just rolling my eyes at this novice-level advice. PLEASE LADIES - BE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only give so many 45 min. BJs, then yeah, my patience is gone and I'll tell you that you have to "enjoy the journey" cuz I can't get you to the destination in your current condition.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,086,540 times
It's complicated - LOL.

Men know what to improve on physically, if they need to do so. I don't think it takes much prodding. But sometimes medications can affect them "this way," and there's not a lot that can be done about that. I think it's just super important for men to know that a woman LIKES him and isn't expecting a "performance." Many women feel exactly this way. Let these poor guys know this!

Old 10-25-2021, 11:53 AM

9,437 posts, read 8,415,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
How do you know that this Sporadic ED isn’t the beginning of hormonal deficiencies and plaque buildup in an early middle aged man? Kind of like an older engine which sometimes starts and sometimes doesn’t. Just because it’s sporadic, doesn’t mean there’s no functional issue.
How do you know it is the beginning of chronic ED? I can ask the same rhetorical question too.

If your arteries are clogged so badly that you cannot get an erection, you're like going to suffer other, more serious consequences and fairly quickly. The fact that OP said that he did get it up the second time tells me there is no physical issue there. If it can happen, chances are nothing is physically wrong with him.

I also got the sense that OP's man wasn't terrible old, as you're inferring here. I could have that wrong but she mentioned he has kids that he needs to attend to, would tell me he's at least in his 30s/40s. Not exactly old.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:56 AM

52,349 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's complicated - LOL.

Men know what to improve on physically, if they need to do so. I don't think it takes much prodding. But sometimes medications can affect them "this way," and there's not a lot that can be done about that. I think it's just super important for men to know that a woman LIKES him and isn't expecting a "performance." Many women feel exactly this way. Let these poor guys know this!
Some meds do kill the sex dive and function in some men, older men, mostly. My dad some years back volunteered his status to me in that regard, not sure why, but whatever. LOL.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:01 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,908,988 times
Quote:
How do you know it is the beginning of chronic ED? I can ask the same rhetorical question too.

If your arteries are clogged so badly that you cannot get an erection, you're like going to suffer other, more serious consequences and fairly quickly. The fact that OP said that he did get it up the second time tells me there is no physical issue there. If it can happen, chances are nothing is physically wrong with him.

I also got the sense that OP's man wasn't terrible old, as you're inferring here. I could have that wrong but she mentioned he has kids that he needs to attend to, would tell me he's at least in his 30s/40s. Not exactly old.
I don't know what the clinical definition of chronic v. Sporadic is. I do not have enough data to know.

He is in his early 50s. The plot thickens....he had gastric bypass surgery several years ago. I'm willing to bet he does not want to go to the dr because he doesn't want to be told he needs to exercise/lose weight. He does, but so do I, so I'm not giving him grief about it. I've offered to fix him a salad for dinner but he always says he isn't hungry.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I don't know what the clinical definition of chronic v. Sporadic is.

He is in his early 50s. The plot thickens....he had gastric bypass surgery several years ago. I'm willing to bet he does not want to go to the dr because he doesn't want to be told he needs to exercise/lose weight. He does, but so do I, so I'm not giving him grief about it. I've offered to fix him a salad for dinner but he always says he isn't hungry.
Ah HA. Well then, this changes things a bit. So then I'd probably pivot back to a potential physical reason, although since it happened the first time you were attempting to have sex with him, I'm sure it's ALSO psychological. If he's, indeed, overweight that can cause all sorts of issues including, you guessed it, ED.

Yeah, this is tough because you don't want to talk down to him and tell him to alter his diet but if he's going to continue down this road, doesn't have HAVE to sort of know this is like a culprit?

Man, if there was ever a reason to lose weight, this would be it.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:05 PM

1,707 posts, read 788,396 times
Quote:

That wasn’t rhetorical; You stated, correctly, that if our hypothetical patient has Chronic instead of Sporadic Psychological ED he would have other symptoms.

You mean like Hypertension which is common in middle aged/older american men (especially black)?

Like high cholesterol? Also common

Like low testosterone? Also common

Do I KNOW this person, doesn’t have these other issues? NO. We don’t know him at all. The OP BARELY knows him herself. I’m simply saying that ED typically does have these other symptoms. I don’t believe in the “He’s just Psych’d out” argument anymore than I’d believe post menopausal women commonly deal with sexual dryness because it is “psychological”.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
That wasn’t rhetorical; You stated, correctly, that if our hypothetical patient has Chronic instead of Sporadic Psychological ED he would have other symptoms.

You mean like Hypertension which is common in middle aged/older american men (especially black)?

Like high cholesterol? Also common

Like low testosterone? Also common

Do I KNOW this person, doesn’t have these other issues? NO. We don’t know him at all. The OP BARELY knows him herself. I’m simply saying that ED typically does have these other symptoms. I don’t believe in the “He’s just Psych’d out” argument anymore than I’d believe a post menopausal women commonly deal with sexual dryness because it is “psychological”.
Take a deep breath. My goodness. Look at the last few posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships