Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,488,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
The truth is fat people eat a lot more than they need, are generally attracted to thin people and are not able to be as happy sexually as normal people because they can't feel the same through the layers of fat. Its a fact and not meant to be cruel.
The truth is ..., thanks for the caloric intake update. A lot of factors go into being overweight. Such as our society becoming more sedentary and obesity becoming more and more common, especially at younger ages. But the rest of your post is ridiculous. Not trying to be mean, either, just stating my opinion.

The more you post, the further off base you get. Why don't you just say how you feel about overweight people. Its pretty obvious from your choice of words and your tone.

Fat people are NOT generally attracted to thin people, any more than thin people are attracted to X people. Who do you think you are to say who they are attracted to? Did you take a survey? Do you feel you are being chased by hordes of fat women? In your dreams! I would venture to guess each person has his or her own physical and personality traits they find attractive. Some women regardless of size may like hairy chests, some women want an intellectual equal, some want christians, and so on.

Now you're saying fat people can't be as happy sexually? LOL! What a joke! They can't feel the same through the layers of fat? OMG! You are rich. Funnee. Take it on the road and sell it, because I ain't buying it. There are varying degrees of obesity, and obviously if we begin talking about extremely obese persons, there are a great number of health issues that go hand in hand with the weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,987,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I have dated women of various sizes with the longest relationships being with women who are not thin. (Size 14 and size 20). I am fit at 6'2', 190lbs and generally date people who are active. So long as they are healthy I don't mind if they have a few extra pounds.

For the full figured women on this forum, what do you seek in a guy both physically, emotionally, mentally, etc?

I am thinking about going to a full-figured dance. I tend to focus more on a pretty face than perfect body and have always preferred a little extra meat.

Honestly, the woman I date I prefer to have a butt bigger than mine. I am not going to find that in a size 5 or 6 (I have a bubble butt).

Maybe I am wrong but many of the full-figured women I see are with heavier guys. I spend much of my time at the gym, which is mostly thin women but some are more full figured. I also really like to eat and would probably be willing to put on weight for the right lady, but just haven't found her. Until then, I will probably just keep going to the gym.

Other than full-figured dances any other suggestions on places to meet full figured ladies?
I think Humboldt1 is a "BOOTY MAN," therefore, he seeks full-figured women because it comes with the package. It is the BOOTY that he wants, and not so much the woman who owns it!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,852,343 times
Default not a booty man

Rubies,

I like the fuller figure, love handles, hips, etc physically along with a pretty face but I am looking for more than someone who is just physically attractive to me.

And to people who say that fat people only go for fat people you are wrong. Someone like nillawafer might be the perfect fit for a guy like me.

And I am sick of "fit" people trashing fat people and will give you my stats to show you are in no position to judge.

I am perhaps the most fit person I know, spending an average of 2-3 hours a day at the gym. At 6'2, 190lbs I am 4 percent bodyfat. I can run a mile in 4:40 and bench 280lbs and can do 35 pullups. Few people on this forum or society in general are as fit as I am yet I prefer fuller figured women.

I apologize as this comes across as pompous and arrogant but I needed to prove this point.

People of all body types and sizes have different physical preferences in what they look for and there is nothing wrong with going for what you are attracted to.

I am not endorsing being morbidly obese but if a woman has a few extra pounds I will certainly not complain, although this is all for naught if she doesn't have the personality to back it up.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,875,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Rubies,

I like the fuller figure, love handles, hips, etc physically along with a pretty face but I am looking for more than someone who is just physically attractive to me.

And to people who say that fat people only go for fat people you are wrong. Someone like nillawafer might be the perfect fit for a guy like me.

And I am sick of "fit" people trashing fat people and will give you my stats to show you are in no position to judge.

I am perhaps the most fit person I know, spending an average of 2-3 hours a day at the gym. At 6'2, 190lbs I am 4 percent bodyfat. I can run a mile in 4:40 and bench 280lbs and can do 35 pullups. Few people on this forum or society in general are as fit as I am yet I prefer fuller figured women.

I apologize as this comes across as pompous and arrogant but I needed to prove this point.

People of all body types and sizes have different physical preferences in what they look for and there is nothing wrong with going for what you are attracted to.

I am not endorsing being morbidly obese but if a woman has a few extra pounds I will certainly not complain, although this is all for naught if she doesn't have the personality to back it up.
I'm glad you clarified Humbolt. I hope you find her.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:29 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,276,666 times
I hope so too... this thread has really turned into a bit of a basher...

A woman is a woman, just as a man is a man.

As many have said, we all find different things in a man attractive, all looking for certain things in a mate... Does it differ in women who are 110 and 210? I have no idea.

I just know that people are people, all with individuality. Not one person the same as the next... I hope some smart butt doesn't say what about identical twins?

Ok... so... we know, yes, for a fact, that no two people are the same. We know that all woman look for different attributes in a man... hopefully they want a kind and caring individual.. loving and honest... the list could go on.

Some are out to find the best looking, best body... thin or heavy, makes no difference. I find people like this to be a bit shallow, but that is only my opinion. Myself.. the personality.... the chemistry. Of course a host of other things, but no matter what my weight may be, I am attracted to the same type of person... if I lost twenty lbs, I would be attracted to the same, if I gained twenty... still.. the same.

We do live in a society of many obese people, and obesity can cause health problems. But, I work in a physicians office, and see people of average weight come in with the same health issues. All the same co morbidities.

Hypertension, diabetes, hypercholestoremia, hypothyroidism.... these things do not discriminate, nor does the weight of a person, with these health issues.

Of course there are so many other health issues.... doesn't matter the weight..

Your health insurance costs are not on the rise because America is obese... so many factors are a part of it, but we cannot blame all the overweight people in the world.

I am sure they factor in, just like so many other things.

I hope everyone finds 'the one' they are meant to be with, big small, wide, tall...

Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,864,055 times
For all of you crying about health insurance premiums, it's not fat people, smokers, etc. causing them to sky rocket. It's the HMO's and doctors all getting rich and charging us for it. I am a smoker and am 25 lbs overweight. My blood pressure is no where near being high. It is actually so low that I have to tell nurses when they take it b/c they freak out. This is normal for me and it's always been that way. The most I go to the doctor for is sinus infections and a bout with strep. So save your whining. I don't have the time or inclination to spend hours exercising. I have a job, an hour commute each way, a son that is active in sports who I am transporting back and forth and watching his games 2 or 3 nights a week, and a husband that works nights. I have no desire to spend what little time I have in a gym with a bunch of people who like nothing more than to point out how great they are b/c they are thin. I play in the yard with my kid and go for walks and do the things that make memories with my family. For all you judgemental skinny people, I hope you enjoy your workouts and don't wind up lonely and miserable b/c you spent your whole lives at the gym trying to live up to some standard you have for yourselves while missing all the fun things in life. Worry about yourselves. The rest of us are just fine.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:35 AM

859 posts, read 2,144,064 times
I have to give ya points Autinsmom !! love the post!!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 AM

681 posts, read 2,873,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
The fact of the matter is it is healthier to be on the thinner side than on the heavier side. There is no disputing that.
If you think so, someday I'd like to engage you in a one-on-one debate. If it's really so healthy to be thinner than fatter, why is it that most fat old people look happy and healthy while most thin old people look wrinkly and withered? I've said this before... I play at nursing homes all the time... I can't remember the last time someone pointed at a THIN person and said "she's over 100 years old, ya know!" Contrarily, the last three centenarians whose ages were mentioned to me all carried an observable amount of pork around their midsections.

Quote:
Sure there are unhealthy thin women, but GENERALLY they are healthier than a woman who is overweight or obese.
That depends upon whose definition of "overweight" you're using. They vary. I've known men and women alike whose weights would fall into the "healthy" category for their heights... and they were barely more than skin stretched on a skeleton.

Quote:
The AVERAGE woman who is the weight she is supposed to be (and not a drug or cigarette addict) will be much better off in her cardiovascular health than a woman who is overweight or obese.
I beg to differ. My mom, who has never weighed more than 153 pounds at 5'6 1/2" (and usually doesn't get much above 140) once measured over 300 for a cholesterol reading. I could name you plenty of overweight / obese women who have registered cholesterol readings much lower than that.

Quote:
This country has this new campaign of "embracing" people who are overweight. Please. I understand its hard to look at magazines if thats not you. I understand heavy people are ridiculed and thats not right.
THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE HAVE THE CAMPAIGN TO EMBRACE FAT PEOPLE! I agree that everybody should try to be healthy, but I myself am a perfect example about how you can be fat and healthy! If someone is fat and healthy, there is no reason why that person should lose weight if he/she otherwise doesn't want to! I've never seen a chart which says that a weight above 185 is healthy for my height, and I never want to be that skinny!

Quote:
But, it is not good for you to be overweight.
I weigh about 220 pounds, which is 35-60 pounds overweight depending upon whose chart you read. I'm a muscular guy but I carry a good amount of fat around my stomach. My waist measurement is somewhere around 40-41 inches. My last blood pressure reading was 120/76. My cholesterol was 141. All of my other organ function metrics turned out normal, although I never got numerical values for them. I can run a mile in 6:15 and a 5K in less than 22 minutes. I can bench-press over 300 pounds, leg-press over 400 pounds, average 12.5 mph for a long bike ride, etc.

I don't smoke, drink, nor use drugs. I am not on any prescription medications and I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since the summer of 2005. I have no chronic health conditions that I know of... and though I used to suffer from allergies and asthma, I've beaten them back (or so I've been told) through rigorous exercise and activity for years.

In light of that, explain to me why it is not good for me to be overweight.

And, if you CANNOT figure out why it is not good for ME to be overweight, I hereby request that you get off of your soapbox and stop preaching to everyone about how it's bad for EVERYONE to be overweight. Preach health, not thinness.

Quote:
MOST people are overweight because they eat too much and too bad and don't move enough. Its that simple, its pure laziness. I said most, please do not retort with your exceptions or sob stories. If they ate better and moved more, they wouldn't be in the boat that they are.
Define "eating better". More fruits and vegetables? Maybe we should all become vegans. The truth of the matter is that a lot of people do not like vegetables... I am counted among them. I like pizza, wings, burgers, hot dogs, etc. I do not like cucumbers, broccoli, green beans, cabbage, carrots, etc. I'm only going to live once, and since I'm a HUMAN BEING, I am not going to eat like a RABBIT. I'm going to eat what I want to eat, and I'm going to exercise enough that I CAN eat what I want to eat without becoming unhealthy. I agree that people should be on the move a lot. I DO NOT agree that it is necessary to eat little more than rabbit food in order to stay healthy.

Quote:
They enjoy life? They can't run with their kids, unless enjoying is merely eating, I consider it a sad existence and a bad role model for children.
I don't have kids, but it seems like other people's kids love me... and I haven't yet met one kid who I couldn't outrun and outlast.

Quote:
No, overweight people should not be ridiculed, but they are putting themselves in harm's way, and of course a more active, healthier lifestyle is better. I read nothing but excuses and justifications on here and it is sad and easy to see through.
Then maybe you should read a little deeper. Many people do indeed lead the unhealthy sedentary lifestyle you describe. However, it isn't everyone.

Quote:
Until my health insurance is lowered because I am paying high premiums because of the mass obesity in this country, and until there is some law that the heavy woman can not spill herself into my airplane seat....I feel no pity.
News flash: If you didn't have health insurance, you'd still be able to get coverage. Most states (if not the entire country) have laws which state that hospitals and other facilities which are licensed to provide emergency care must provide care to patients who need it regardless of their ability to pay. You could probably ditch the health insurance and be better off for it. My wife was talking about how happy she was that the medicine she picked up yesterday is now only $5 compared to what it was before she had health insurance... I reminded her that her school district is pumping out over $900/month for her health insurance. If they paid that money to her instead of wasting it on health insurance, I'd be very happy to pay full price for the drugs and doctor visits. I did that for years and never had any problems. Yeah, a trip to the doc, and the medication I had to buy, usually set me back at least $150 when it happened. However, it never happened any more than twice in one year... I think, between doctor visits, an eye exam, and contacts one year, I spent about $400. ONE MONTH of health insurance costs more than that, and there are still "co-pays". Do your mathematics before you complain about how high your health insurance premiums are.

By the way, your insurance premiums aren't high because of fat people. I actually read an article not long ago on another group of people whom the health care community vilifies... smokers. We all know that smoking kills you early. However, what a bunch of English researchers discovered is that a smoker costs the English health care system LESS than a non-smoker, because they usually die younger and quicker than people who don't smoke and thusly live longer. People who don't smoke will live longer and what kills them will likely progress very slowly... so, actually, non-smokers cost the health care system more than smokers.

Theoretically, if fat people are more likely to die early of something like a heart attack, by this same logic, they cost the health care system a lot less than thin "healthier" people who live longer.

Look, the truth is that the reason why health care premiums are so high is summarizable in one single word: LAWSUITS. If it weren't for medical malpractice lawsuits, drug side effect lawsuits, etc... we wouldn't have higher medical insurance premiums. I read in the paper recently that our local school district's health insurance premiums increased 14% last year. That can't possibly be because people are 14% fatter this year than they were last year. Get real.

Quote:
Eat less and move more like the rest of us, your health (and children) will thank you in the end, and your quality of life will improve.
If I ate less, I would starve. So would a lot of people. That wouldn't improve my quality of life.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,945,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
For all of you crying about health insurance premiums, it's not fat people, smokers, etc. causing them to sky rocket. It's the HMO's and doctors all getting rich and charging us for it. I am a smoker and am 25 lbs overweight. My blood pressure is no where near being high. It is actually so low that I have to tell nurses when they take it b/c they freak out. This is normal for me and it's always been that way. The most I go to the doctor for is sinus infections and a bout with strep. So save your whining. I don't have the time or inclination to spend hours exercising. I have a job, an hour commute each way, a son that is active in sports who I am transporting back and forth and watching his games 2 or 3 nights a week, and a husband that works nights. I have no desire to spend what little time I have in a gym with a bunch of people who like nothing more than to point out how great they are b/c they are thin. I play in the yard with my kid and go for walks and do the things that make memories with my family. For all you judgemental skinny people, I hope you enjoy your workouts and don't wind up lonely and miserable b/c you spent your whole lives at the gym trying to live up to some standard you have for yourselves while missing all the fun things in life. Worry about yourselves. The rest of us are just fine.
I agree with your post. About the only thing I would suggest to you is to quit smoking. Its not worth it.....my mother-in-law died, at age 49, 4 years ago to lung cancer from smoking. My son lost the only grandmother in his life. Watching someone die from cancer is a horrible sight. I quit smoking a while back, and it is hard, but worth it....you feel much better, smell better, have more money.... plus, I never wanted my kids to see me smoking.....in my opinion, that would have been a horrible influence on them.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,864,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I agree with your post. About the only thing I would suggest to you is to quit smoking. Its not worth it.....my mother-in-law died, at age 49, 4 years ago to lung cancer from smoking. My son lost the only grandmother in his life. I quit smoking a while back, and it is hard, but worth it....you feel much better, smell better, have more money.... plus, I never wanted my kids to see me smoking.....in my opinion, that would have been a horrible influence on my kids.
I know I need to and it's the one thing I really worry about. I've tried several times and just keep starting back. It really does bother my son so I'm going to get some of the gum. Chantix made me sick as a dog. I appreciate your concern and that you weren't condescending in the way that you said it. Many people on these forums should learn to do the same and they might be able to get their points across a little better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships