Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 01:12 PM

176 posts, read 73,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yep, certain men will mk their women quit their jobs to make it look like they're the "knight in shining armor" who'll take care of them, but in reality, it's to be able to have control over them & if the women are stupid enough to quit their jobs, then oh well! The woman really got herself stuck.

Yep, he'll pay for daughter's college...again to mk it appear like he's being the, "generous guy, but it's to mk sure the woman feels she's obligated to stay & he knows she can't afford it.

That's why I ALWAYS think women should have their OWN education to have a good job to support THEMSELVES AND I'm all for women saving away money in a bank acct he knows nothing about. So when that sucker comes home 1 day from, "work" saying he doesn't want to be married anymore or something, she can say, "Great, get ouitta here, you ____!"
Yeah my friend did go to college and she’s working again at a dental office 4 days a week so hopefully if she has to leave right away after another beating hopefully she’ll have enough money saved to be able to leave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 11:38 PM

12,845 posts, read 15,149,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMo View Post
Yeah my friend did go to college and she’s working again at a dental office 4 days a week so hopefully if she has to leave right away after another beating hopefully she’ll have enough money saved to be able to leave

Yep, you can only do so much. We can all talk till we're blue in the face, but if the person themselves doesn't change, there's nothing at all we can do. Hopefully, one of these days, she'll finally get fed up of him beating her @-- & finally get out. Don't know why it had to take so long though. If someone hit us on the 1st date, we're probably not going to stay, so people should be out just as quickly the 1st time of being hit.

Old 01-08-2022, 01:57 AM

3,097 posts, read 1,704,917 times
For me, no. And I'm not saying that because it's the right answer; I just know how I am. At some point I would lose respect for him, and I'd stop loving him. No, it'd be too late for him.

And I guess I'm speaking from a little experience from my first marriage. He did not beat me, ever, but there were other issues.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:42 AM

114 posts, read 66,775 times
Let me say before I say this domestic abuse is bad I’m not condoning it

But there are positives and negatives in every relationship and in every person.

If this guy only hit her a few times and according to OP hasn’t hit her since April is paying for her daughters education and giving her a house to live in and paying for things is it crazy to say maybe the good outweighs the bad in the relationship for her?

Financial issues can destroy someone not just financially but mentally and this guy is alleviating that problem for her that is huge.

I admit he’s giving her a different set of problems but like I said every relationship has positives and negatives

Old 01-08-2022, 07:52 PM

2,905 posts, read 1,853,678 times
A man was at the police station for something, the officer who had been to his home days before, asked him, "The next time we come to your home, do you want us to find your body? " He left, got a restraining order. This was the last abuse after 18 years !

His female lawyer, informed him, the courts , are now recognizing men can also be emotionally, and/or physically abused. The lawyer was pro bono, free.

In domestic abuse, there's 3 stages, the building up to the abuse, the abuse, then the honeymoon stage. "Oh honey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Gifts, sweet talk until the cycle starts all over again.

One must learn, what one says/does to another person, is NOT responsible for the other person reaction ! 0ne does NOT have to accept unacceptable behavior from ANYONE !

This vintage female (senior) learned this the hard way, especially after my spouse died. Friends ? ended, just didn't return calls. Careful of new friends.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1983 View Post
Let me say before I say this domestic abuse is bad I’m not condoning it

But there are positives and negatives in every relationship and in every person.

If this guy only hit her a few times and according to OP hasn’t hit her since April is paying for her daughters education and giving her a house to live in and paying for things is it crazy to say maybe the good outweighs the bad in the relationship for her?

Financial issues can destroy someone not just financially but mentally and this guy is alleviating that problem for her that is huge.

I admit he’s giving her a different set of problems but like I said every relationship has positives and negatives
You can’t be serious here that getting money is worth physical beatings your life in danger and the mental trauma that comes after being in an abusive relationship.

I know some people worship money but that’s just twisted thinking

Old 01-14-2022, 02:43 PM

5,796 posts, read 3,285,201 times
Quote:
You can’t be serious here that getting money is worth physical beatings your life in danger and the mental trauma that comes after being in an abusive relationship.

I know some people worship money but that’s just twisted thinking

People make that choice often enough.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:02 PM

62,224 posts, read 88,113,858 times
Quote:
Why would she wait till next beating? She might not survive it!
She should leave him regardless of the money saved. To some people there is never enough money saved to leave and make changes in life.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 692,843 times
"Blue Heaven" (1985) - good movie but very disturbing.

And also very maddening.

Old 03-06-2022, 10:57 AM

Talked to my friend the other day we didn’t talk about her abusive boyfriend at all but she casually mentioned during the conversation about her distrust in Men I guess from being molested as a young kid then at times being abused in relationships.

If she has a distrust in Men because of her past then can someone mKe sense to me why she’s with someone who abused her?

Is it a thing where it’s a self fulfilling prophecy and some people seek their generalizations out to prove their point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships