Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 02:54 PM

10,918 posts, read 7,434,350 times

Advertisements

I've known three people with ESAs. Two were really just pets, and their owners boasted about scamming the system. The third person was very difficult and demanding.

I wouldn't want to date any of them, but that's too small a sample to judge a whole group. I suppose an ESA wouldn't be a hard no, but I'd take it slower than usual.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:56 PM

1,483 posts, read 687,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Xav is the jerk. Has he even taken time to get to know the person or did he hear the dx and jump to conclusions? Bigotry.

As for Jessica its possible a femboy isnt her type and she has no prejudice around it. Just personal taste.
So I'm the 'jerk' because I have a PREFERENCE to not get all molassed-up with someone who could possibly cave my skull in with a mallet while I'm asleep (Unsolved Mysteries - Maria Armstrong case) but the fictitious 'Jessica' gets a pass because of... oh, wait... PREFERENCES!

Yeah, ok...

Old 01-28-2022, 02:59 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,287,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
So I'm the 'jerk' because I have a PREFERENCE to not get all molassed-up with someone who could possibly cave my skull in with a mallet while I'm asleep (Unsolved Mysteries - Maria Armstrong case) but the fictitious 'Jessica' gets a pass because of... oh, wait... PREFERENCES!

Yeah, ok...
Jerk was your word. My word is bigot. Its bigotted to assume things about people you don't know just because of a label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellestar View Post
Pretty sure this has been covered multiple times in this thread, but not dating someone for any particular reason/preference is not where the bigotry lies - it's generalizing the fact that anyone with an ESA, or anyone who goes to therapy are so inherently damaged that they shouldn't be dating at all. Sure, that's not directly related to the initial question, but SEVERAL responses in this thread have mentioned those generalizations. That's what people are calling out as bigotry.
Exactly! Repped.

Generalizing people without getting to know them. That is the problem.

Last edited by moongirl00; 01-28-2022 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: [QUOTE=noellestar;62791009]Pretty sure this has been covered multiple times in this thread, but not dating someone for any pa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.