Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 11:47 AM

19,607 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

They (the media, narrative) have definitely been pushing against age differences- especially if the woman is younger- but this is a bit much. lol.

They keep moving childhood later and later, and now even a twentysomething is considered a child (you can stay on daddy's health insurance until 26 even if you're married). And these adult children are subject to "grooming" by dirty old thirty y.o. pedos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 01:45 PM

137 posts, read 82,196 times
No, that seems like a very normal and unproblematic age gap for that age.

I would add:
1- the only time the age gap can cause problems (apart from the obvious case where one of the two is a minor huh...) is when it's such that you're basically entire "life phases" away from your partner. In those case you'll have a very hard time understanding each others. You'll be likely to find your partner petty about a bunch of things and they won't understand some of things that matter to you because they're things that occur to you as you progress in life.

2- You shouldn't care what your friends think of your relationship. It's your life. If you're happy with someone, it's none of their business and they should just be happy for you.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 2,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Lol is this a joke? You honestly think 5 years is too much of an age difference? And a 25-year-old woman is likely to be more mature than a 30-year-old man anyway..
Yup. That's pretty much exactly how it is with us. Lol.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:17 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
No.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:45 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Its contextually ideal. All things being equal, women would love to have low mileage on most things. I would like to be lower mileage, but in the real world that would mean less wisdom, fewer assets and facing the old challenges again. The issue is that the kind of men women often want is also associated with age like maturity, financial stability, resourcefulness and experience. However if the man has all the same characteristics of her immediate peers, then I would suggest its a concession all things being equal. That is to say having nothing to show for 5 years might not be so hot.

Thus I would say that a man at 30 with more potential realized would probably compete very well with the more speculative naute of her immediate peers.

Old 01-27-2022, 02:44 PM

629 posts, read 287,583 times
What everybody said.

I know a couple with a 24-year age difference between them. She was his college prof. Seriously, you need to get out more!

Old 01-27-2022, 04:55 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Yup.

No, it's not a big deal. I'm surprised you're concerned enough about it to seek out a message board, create and account, and ask total strangers about it.
OP is up to two posts now. Moving on up.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:40 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNRNJ72991 View Post
... I was talking to one of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I told him the woman I am dating is over 5 years younger than me. He called me a cradle robber. He is a good guy and always a good time, but he is kind of a ball buster, and I think he was joking around with me.
I had a buddy like that once.

He did not think my girlfriend was attractive, so he constantly told me so and tried to convince me to dump her.

After a few months, she and I separated. Thirty years later she and I re-connected. I got to thinking about it, and I realized that I still like her. I wish that we had not separated.

My buddy is a jerk. he and I are still friends, but he is a jerk.

He saw my focus on her as a threat to him. I think that he subconsciously wanted us to break up.

I wish I had that insight at the time instead of now decades later.

Old 01-28-2022, 04:58 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As I always do with these types of questions I'll just say that it's not supposed to be this difficult.
It's just somebody making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:10 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Well I’m dating a 25 year old and I’m 40!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships