Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 12:53 PM

18 posts, read 8,936 times

Advertisements

lesson learned...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 12:55 PM

Thats kinda sick.....never really thought about it like that.....yikes

Old 02-03-2022, 12:57 PM

That is really sick....never thought of it that way...YIKES

Old 02-03-2022, 01:09 PM

My biggest mistake was starting a relationship with this guy even after telling him i wasnt quite over my ex. he pushed the relationship and I guess i just gave in because i didnt want to be alone and just move on.. Had i been patient and gotten to know him more, i would have seen all i know about him now. The drinking problem, the diabetes and the stroke. Not to mention the anger issues, bad temper and jelousy. i made a big mistake.......should have listened to my instincts.....there usually rite, along with all the red flags.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:14 PM

Your rite, but I didn't want to confuse anyone with talking about two x's,,,, lol I hope the problem is solved, but I don't think I've heard the last of him. ITS NEVER that easy....

Old 02-03-2022, 01:34 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused76 View Post
Your rite, but I didn't want to confuse anyone with talking about two x's,,,, lol I hope the problem is solved, but I don't think I've heard the last of him. ITS NEVER that easy....
Block him and move on. That's how easy it can be.

If he randomly shows up at your house, tell him to get off your property or you will call the police. If it seems to be escalating beyond that (showing up at your workplace, following you, harassing your ex, etc.) take it seriously and document everything.

Hopefully, you've been able to gain some wisdom from this experience. There are far worse things than being alone. Thank goodness you two didn't move in together as it will be easier to keep this guy in his own lane since he doesn't share a home with you.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:37 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
We are both over 40, but under 60 dont want to be specific in giving our ages.
OMG, I thought this is a highschool couple.

You are too old for this crap. And you are too old to not have it ended sooner.

3 DWI's should have been indication enough that he is a nutcase. Come on, you know better.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:01 PM

As sad as that is to read, I agree. I've re read my post and thought the same,,,,I do know better but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. In the begining ,He said he was going to therapy to get some help....maybe Im the one who need to go see a counselor. Thank you for the reality check...

Old 02-03-2022, 02:56 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,542,790 times
Quote:
How would you feel and what do you do if you find out your current boyfriend had contacted your ex asking questions about you and the relationship you shared.

I would break up with him. If a man wants to know something about me, he can ask ME.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:59 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
I would watch my back. I hope this guy isn't the sort who won't let go. "If I can't have you, nobody can." Apparently there are a good number of freaks like that wandering the earth.

This guy is on a suicidal course. Diabetic, alcoholic, stroke, what else in his health history? He's almost 60 and hasn't learned anything. If you're lucky you'll read his obit in the paper instead of hearing him crash into your house some night about zero dark thirty.

You're old enough to know that drinking could be a problem for you. I'd suggest you go sober for a month and see if you can live without that IQ-lowering crutch, or if you're hooked. Nothing good ever came from taking that second drink. Or the first one.

Be very alert. And congrats on dumping him. Yes, there are far worse things than being alone. Believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships