Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 09:19 AM

425 posts, read 191,328 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine had to get a restraining order against a girlfriend. She kept stalking him, started stalking his ex wife he is friends with (also my friend). He contacted her ex boyfriend to learn this happened to him too so he went with him to Court and told his similar experience. It helped and the restraining order was granted.

After that instance, I suggest he contact the ex's of any future girlfriends to avoid this situation happening.

There is a good chance I would follow suit if single. There is no reason any boyfriend of mine is barred from contacting my ex boyfriends. I have nothing to hide and appreciate he wants someone stable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 01:00 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,038,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused76 View Post
How would you feel and what do you do if you find out your current boyfriend had contacted your ex asking questions about you and the relationship you shared. He did this by messenger and did not tell me or ask me Now i have found out they have been calling each other for the past few months. Am I wrong for being upset? Especially after I let my feelings be known the first time I found out. I was hurt and felt it was a trust issue. My current boyfriend tells me I AM over reacting and they don't talk about me. I find that very hard to believe. I just feel like it is so wrong to go digging up some ones personal buisness and to be talking to your girlfriends ex on the phone. I asked him to stop calling him and I didn't feel it was appropriate they talk to each other. Every relationship is different and should not be compared. I think I want to end this relationship there obviously is no trust on his part as far as him believing what I told him why our relationship did work out. Also he claims the ex boyfriend called him the last time around which was just last week. any thoughts id appreciate it. Just seems a bit assinine!!!
They should be amicable for sure, but "friends that talk every day"? NO. His contacting your EX and asking questions about you and your relationship is totally unacceptable. That was behind your back, it was immature of him, it was sneaky and it was wrong. I would ditch this guy now.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:57 PM

18 posts, read 8,921 times
Done,,,,but he;s still trying. Sent me a song today....IF I DIDNT LOVE YOU BY Carrie Underwood and Jason Aldean..... i ignored it, first step in moving on I suppose. Wishing there was a switch in my head and heart that i could turn on to erase all the good memories.... it wasn't all bad. Although the emotional abuse and no trust will keep me away. i can find and can do and DESERVE better. His lose not mine!!!! Thanks for everyones replys. Im puttig this to Bed!!!

Old 02-08-2022, 12:21 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,038,203 times
Quote:
How would you feel and what do you do if you find out your current boyfriend had contacted your ex asking questions about you and the relationship you shared. He did this by messenger and did not tell me or ask me Now i have found out they have been calling each other for the past few months. Am I wrong for being upset? Especially after I let my feelings be known the first time I found out. I was hurt and felt it was a trust issue. My current boyfriend tells me I AM over reacting and they don't talk about me. I find that very hard to believe. I just feel like it is so wrong to go digging up some ones personal buisness and to be talking to your girlfriends ex on the phone. I asked him to stop calling him and I didn't feel it was appropriate they talk to each other. Every relationship is different and should not be compared. I think I want to end this relationship there obviously is no trust on his part as far as him believing what I told him why our relationship did work out. Also he claims the ex boyfriend called him the last time around which was just last week. any thoughts id appreciate it. Just seems a bit assinine!!!
Most guys don't even want you to talk about past relationships, they don't like it. It's not normal what he is doing, and I would not tolerate it.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:45 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Most guys don't even want you to talk about past relationships, they don't like it. It's not normal what he is doing, and I would not tolerate it.

Yep. It is also inherently biased. Maybe the guy he is talking to has a vendetta against the OP and would try to sabotage her new relationship.

Further, anyone who does something like that is probably then going to compare the two relationships. I can hear it already, "Joe Schmoe told me that you swung from a chandelier with HIM. Why won't you do it with ME?"

It is just a childish way of approaching relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorYetRich View Post
A friend of mine had to get a restraining order against a girlfriend. She kept stalking him, started stalking his ex wife he is friends with (also my friend). He contacted her ex boyfriend to learn this happened to him too so he went with him to Court and told his similar experience. It helped and the restraining order was granted.

After that instance, I suggest he contact the ex's of any future girlfriends to avoid this situation happening.

There is a good chance I would follow suit if single. There is no reason any boyfriend of mine is barred from contacting my ex boyfriends. I have nothing to hide and appreciate he wants someone stable

Until one of them has a secret grudge he has against you for breaking up with him, says something untrue about you or your family, or decides to be malicious another way. You may think you have nothing to hide until one shares something about you that you don't want shared. The old "I have nothing to hide" is a crock of bull. EVERYONE has something to hide.

What I wonder is how anyone knows how to find someone's ex-partner? I am not talking about public divorce records. I mean just an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend. There is no way anyone would be able to find mine. They are not on my social media, and I would not allow just anyone I'm dating to see my social media regardless. It would have to be a serious relationship first. Then, if he did somehow find them, they would probably laugh at him for being so childish. I can nearly guarantee that they would ignore the person or their response would be, "If you are coming to me, you are not right for Seija. She hates sneaky people."

Old 02-08-2022, 03:10 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Tell him you're not ready for a relationship and that he is too good for you and he could do better. Flatter him and maybe he'll believe it. Worked for me once.

Set him up on a blind date with someone you dislike. Kill two birds with one stone

Old 02-08-2022, 03:24 PM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Set him up on a blind date with someone you dislike. Kill two birds with one stone
Are you trying to set up another “How I met your Mother” situation?

Old 02-08-2022, 04:47 PM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Sent me a song today....IF I DIDNT LOVE YOU BY Carrie Underwood and Jason Aldean.....

The cringe factor is off the charts here! lol

Old 02-08-2022, 05:59 PM

425 posts, read 191,328 times
Quote:
i can find and can do and DESERVE better. His lose not mine!!!! Thanks for everyones replys. Im puttig this to Bed!!!
Why do I get the feeling it may be the reverse?

Old 02-09-2022, 12:29 AM

396 posts, read 707,965 times
Quote:

Drop. Him. Now.

He sounds controlling, overbearing and disrespectful…and stalky.

Huge red flag. Legit worried for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships