Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 07:53 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
The issue is not so much the guy’s trip as it is the choice to do it now. The OP is at a low point in his marriage, particularly because he unilaterally changed his mind to not wanting children while his wife wants them. Then after dropping this non-negotiable bomb on her, he also decides to go on a guy’s trip to Miami Beach during spring break while they are having serious marital issues. << That is the problem much more than, whether he should be allowed to “party” with his homies.
True. Context matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 06:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Funny that the OP hasn't logged in since 2/10. Wonder if he has gone on vacation already. He said it will be for 4 days. Well, it's been 10 since he logged in.

Maybe his wife saw his threads? lol

Old 02-20-2022, 07:26 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Funny that the OP hasn't logged in since 2/10. Wonder if he has gone on vacation already. He said it will be for 4 days. Well, it's been 10 since he logged in.

Maybe she changed the locks.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:30 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,638,645 times
Read the whole thread and don't really have much more to add. And OP checked out a while back it seems.

I'd say go to Miami with your friends OP.

There used to be a column in Ladies Home Journal called Can This Marriage Be Saved?

Miraculously the problematic marriages featured were all saved. Every month.

But it doesn't seem like OP's marriage is destined for that happy outcome. When you fight daily over things like throw pillows, it's not a match.

So he might as well go off with his buds and have fun in the sun.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:

He still has not been back. Too bad, I wanted to know how his trip went...

Old 03-23-2022, 10:19 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
Quote:
It was a spring break trip. He may be down there as we speak.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:40 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Read the whole thread and don't really have much more to add. And OP checked out a while back it seems.

I'd say go to Miami with your friends OP.

There used to be a column in Ladies Home Journal called Can This Marriage Be Saved?

Miraculously the problematic marriages featured were all saved. Every month.

But it doesn't seem like OP's marriage is destined for that happy outcome. When you fight daily over things like throw pillows, it's not a match.

So he might as well go off with his buds and have fun in the sun.
Some of the most successful marriages I've seen are where each person in the marriage has their own room or their own man cave and woman cave. In these crazy times people need their own space as well as a communal one. Arguing over trivial things like throw pillows is a no-brainer. Just put the throw pillows in your woman cave and let the man do what he wants in his man cave. Problem solved. You only have a one-bedroom apartment? Each person claims a space for their own. Problem solved. It ain't that difficult.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:18 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,382,387 times
I think she might like a similar break for herself and you will be spending money that she could have been using for something she would have liked to buy for herself but didn't do in light of possible financial strain.

Perhaps a better decision would have been taking her somewhere romantic to celebrate your life together,renew the spark, and strengthen your relationship.

A husbands job is to wake up every morning and planning your today around making your wife happy and nurturing her.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:39 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
Quote:

I wanted to know how it went w/ the wife if he still went.

Old 03-26-2022, 03:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
A husbands job is to wake up every morning and planning your today around making your wife happy and nurturing her.
I’m down with that…..as long as the wife has the same duty to her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships