Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 09:50 AM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why are a bunch of guys in their late 20s going to college spring break? I find that a tad creepy.
I went to spring break at 22 and felt like I had aged out. It looks worse now than it was back then. Twerk city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 10:07 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMade View Post
That is an ongoing dialogue between us. We're in therapy, trying to learn how to constructively handle these issues.
In the meantime, why are you actively making things worse? Why not go on a trip with HER? Why not go on a couples trip with some of your friends?

Old 02-06-2022, 10:19 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
I for one don't see the big deal with what you want to do... There must be some trust issues somewhere. If you wanted to cheat, you could just do it anywhere... You don't have to take a Miami trip to do that..

Old 02-06-2022, 10:28 AM

383 posts, read 384,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I for one don't see the big deal with what you want to do... There must be some trust issues somewhere. If you wanted to cheat, you could just do it anywhere... You don't have to take a Miami trip to do that..
The big deal is that his wife objects to him going. He claims he wants to go to get out of the cold weather and even though his single buddies will likely be partying and flirting, he isn't going to partake in any of that. He's going to sit on a lounge chair by the pool or ocean or maybe go jet skiing while his buds are trying to hook up. If he's not doing the things his friends are doing, then why go? Why not take his wife to a warm spot and get her out of the cold, too?

He's fooling no one. He wants a free pass to be a frat boy for a long weekend. He should be honest with his wife -- and himself -- and tell her that. Then let the chips fall where they may.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:28 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMade View Post
I'm the only one on this trip that isn't single. I'd be willing to bet that my buddies will be doing a fair amount of flirting, but, I won't be partaking. Kind of hard to flirt with a woman when you have a ring on and your phone background is you with your wife.
Aha. Well, there's part of y our answer. Also, she may be cognizant of what happens to guys when they get some alcohol in them. Especially partnered guys who are out carousing with their free-wheeling single buddies.

Just a guess.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:29 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoanChic View Post
The big deal is that his wife objects to him going. He claims he wants to go to get out of the cold weather and even though his single buddies will likely be partying and flirting, he isn't going to partake in any of that. He's going to sit on a lounge chair by the pool or ocean or maybe go jet skiing while his buds are trying to hook up. If he's not doing the things his friends are doing, then why go? Why not take his wife to a warm spot and get her out of the cold, too?
Good point. And while we're at it, we might ask, why he has a posse of single guy friends. How long has he been married? Is this a young group, so his buddies from his single days just haven't found someone they want to marry yet? Is he friends with married guys/couples, too?

edit: Oh, wait. This is the guy who's having marital stress over pillows (among other things), AND they disagree on kids/no kids?

Hmmmmm.....

OP, I see you say the two of you are getting marriage counseling or "therapy" or whatever you called it. Have you two discussed this in the counseling environment?

Do you love your wife? If you did, you'd go on a getaway trip with her, not with a bunch of randy dudes. This trip proposal sounds like you've mentally given up on the marriage. If that's the case, you may as well pull the band-aid right off and file papers. If you still sincerely have hope of reconciling and falling back in love, you'd do what you could to re-kindle warm fuzzy feelings. This trip is not the way to do that.

Let me put it another way. Your marriage is already under a lot of stress. You two don't get along, as I recall. This trip is only adding fuel to that conflagration. Now you're fighting about the trip. This particular source of conflict is completely unnecessary, though. It's a choice you made. You could be making a very different choice; one that wouldn't add fuel to the barn burning.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-06-2022 at 10:48 AM..

Old 02-06-2022, 10:34 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoanChic View Post

He's fooling no one. He wants a free pass to be a frat boy for a long weekend. He should be honest with his wife -- and himself -- and tell her that. Then let the chips fall where they may.
All I'm saying is that if he really wanted to cheat, he wouldn't have to take a vacation to do that...

Old 02-06-2022, 10:50 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
Am I the only one that thinks OP with his multiple problems seems a lot like a male version of Mandi9?

Old 02-06-2022, 10:53 AM

383 posts, read 384,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
All I'm saying is that if he really wanted to cheat, he wouldn't have to take a vacation to do that...
Agree with you 100%.

Old 02-06-2022, 11:28 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I can't believe it took 11 replies before you said spring break. That was my first thought too. Yeah, why does a married guy need to go to Miami during spring break with his unmarried friends?
That atmosphere is why I jumped on the opportunity to leave Miami to work on a research project in Washington, DC area. Knowing what I know and seeing what I've seen, I do not believe for one moment that the OP is not going to spend his week merely getting some sun and having a few beers. The whole thing is offensive in its assumption that his wife doesn't know what goes on there.

His entire posting history is that of a man who should never have gotten married in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships