Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:49 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LOL, I wonder how the ladies from these generations feel about the "benefits" of threesomes to a couple we're discussing in the other thread...
They enjoyed them immensely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
They enjoyed them immensely.
Whatever you say, Sifu...

Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whatever you say, Sifu...
A wise philosophy, my child...

Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by approaching View Post
Gentlemen, please continue to be chivalrous - at least offer to walk us to the car (especially at night!), open doors (especially if you are in the lead!), kill spiders, get the waiter's attention at dinner.. If a woman doesn't appreciate it - just like if she doesn't appreciate other things about you - then find a new one who appreciates someone treating them with care and respect. Then when I'm in the lead, I'll usually hold the door for you, open the car door, offer to get you a beer while I'm up, and all the other things I can think of (wink wink!) to repay your thoughtfulness.

And let's not forget one thing - YES women want (duh, deserve) equal pay for equal work, equal respect and power for equal knowledge or performance, but there's one thing that will never be equal... WE HAVE THE BABIES. We give up 9 months + 3 months recovery + stretchmarks + forever trying to rebuild the body we'll never have again + valuable time away from our career + dealing with the crazy hormonal swings + up to 40 years of having cramps, bloating, bleeding 1 week every month of our lives. For ALL THAT --- I think you can hold open a dang door and make us feel a little special.

P.S. Everyone, male or female, should walk a girl to her car at night. that's more than courtesy, that's safety.
Perfect! Especially the killing spiders part! Lots of brownie points for that.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
My boys open doors, and all those things while on dates. Maybe not for everyday but def when on dates especially when the girl is dressed up as it should be!
I think the parents of boys have a responsibility to teach their sons these things...imo

Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Since it is still customary to call all former sex partners and inform them when you find out you have an STD, I'd say no.. chivalry is not dead.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by approaching View Post
Gentlemen, please continue to be chivalrous - at least offer to walk us to the car (especially at night!), open doors (especially if you are in the lead!), kill spiders, get the waiter's attention at dinner.. If a woman doesn't appreciate it - just like if she doesn't appreciate other things about you - then find a new one who appreciates someone treating them with care and respect. Then when I'm in the lead, I'll usually hold the door for you, open the car door, offer to get you a beer while I'm up, and all the other things I can think of (wink wink!) to repay your thoughtfulness.

And let's not forget one thing - YES women want (duh, deserve) equal pay for equal work, equal respect and power for equal knowledge or performance, but there's one thing that will never be equal... WE HAVE THE BABIES. We give up 9 months + 3 months recovery + stretchmarks + forever trying to rebuild the body we'll never have again + valuable time away from our career + dealing with the crazy hormonal swings + up to 40 years of having cramps, bloating, bleeding 1 week every month of our lives. For ALL THAT --- I think you can hold open a dang door and make us feel a little special.

P.S. Everyone, male or female, should walk a girl to her car at night. that's more than courtesy, that's safety.
I always have and always will walk on the street side, hold the door for a lady, open the car door for a lady etc etc.....

HOWEVER I do have to admit a certain perverse pleasure when I held the door for a lady last week and as she approached the door she remarked, in that acidly icey tone...."I am QUITE capable of opening my own door" so I let it go [as she apparantly wished] and it smacked her in the face. ......some days are Goodddd

Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Since it is still customary to call all former sex partners and inform them when you find out you have an STD, I'd say no.. chivalry is not dead.
Chivalry for the 21st century?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships